• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
"Well, well, look who it is!" I shouted, announcing my unexpected arrival. I landed behind the group just as they turned around in surprise. "The pathetic, leaderless group of heroes. Not so tough without the Monado, are you now?"

A stocky Homs walked up to me, hoisting a shield-sword on his arm. "Oi, scrap face!" he retorted. "Watch your mouth or it's gonna get bent up, understand? I've had enough of you, anyhow."

"Ehhh, what's this?" I taunted. "Angry 'cause I killed your friend with his shiny sword?"

"I told you to watch your mou--"

"Sorry, bulky, but I ain't got time to play around," I said, and laughed heartily at his stupid expression. "Just wanted to drop in and say hi for old time's sake. Thanks for the friendly welcome, and all that shiftless formality rubbish." I turned away and prepared to fly off, but a winged lady and a golden being holding a Monado lookalike were already behind me. "What's this now? Looking to do me in like you did ol' Egil?"

"Don't be so incompetent," the golden-haired whelp warned. "What interest would I have in a guileless rogue who left his master to die?"

"Former master, if you simply must know," I said, rolling my head exaggeratedly. "Surely a god would already possess such renowned knowledge." Unimpressed by his unchanged composure, I stepped aside and gestured at the other group. "So it must be them you're after."

The winged lady chortled under her breath. "You would be correct."

"Ain't you actin' a little hasty?" I heard the stocky Homs call out. "Never would of 'spected you of all people to show your faces in broad daylight."

"The time and climate mean nothing," the golden boy proclaimed. "The passage of fate, as always, bends to my will and illuminates the path to the future. Your final moments are already known to me, and as such I have come to see them out."

"Tough talk from a pompous phony," the stocky Homs said.

"Then perhaps you would like to experience the power of a true god!" I watched as goldie raised his sword high with one hand and brought it down, exclaiming, "Buster!" A white-hot beam extended from his sword and slashed through the sword-shield apparatus that the bulky oaf used to protect himself. Upon contact, the Homs dissolved into countless sparks, which I recognized as the decomposition of ether. The being before me truly was a marvel, and someone who I'd be tantalized to fight.

A Link In Time was Reyn, the Town Roleblocker!

Night 4 ends on Sunday, August 9th, at 8:00 PM CST.
Those with power roles, send me your targets.

Players
  1. musicfan
  2. Linkdude74
  3. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  4. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  5. Cody
  6. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban, the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
  • Eoghan - Dickson, the Two-Shot Mafia Strongman, lynched Day 3
  • Frozen Chosen - Egil, the Cult Leader, killed Night 3
  • A Link In Time - Reyn, the Town Roleblocker, lynched Day 4

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby

Last edited:
My reaction to this lynch:

boo_rush201.jpg

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Once again, you guys lynched someone before I got a chance to come in and say anything. You guys want me to play at all? :P

Anyway, this is just a heads up that I probably won't really have a chance to contribute much during the next game day either. I'm going out of town for a job on Monday and I think I'm coming back home on Friday. I just found out about it today, and it's unavoidable. sozzles friends.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I'll see if someone can replace you, Mezlo, if that's what you would prefer.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'll see if someone can replace you, Mezlo, if that's what you would prefer.
That might be best. Unfortunately, some days are more active than others so there'a no way of knowing whether a replacement is necessary. If the day isn't very active I might be able to keep up, but if there's a lot of activity than I likely won't be able to.

Perhaps to avoid complicating things, a replacement would be best. But if nobody wants it I'll stay in.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I really hate doing this (again), but the Night scene will have to wait. It'll be up tomorrow afternoon.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
The sky's last scarlet glow vanished into night as I struck down the incompetent oaf before me, and I turned away, scoffing. Just how did my own creations become audacious enough to oppose my will? There was utterly no practical meaning behind that lumbering fool's words, yet he demonstrated free will in speaking out against me. Any act of rebellion must be punished accordingly, as only a god can distribute judgment with temperance. And still, although his statements were already predetermined, they incensed my blood without end.

"Listen now as I speak," I announced, looking at the remaining two of the group, "for this is an order. No longer shall any of you defy my will lest you be destroyed. Unlike your brazen friend, whom I dispatched to exemplify this mandate, your deaths will be prefaced with agonizing torment. Consider this to be the final iota of mercy shown to you."

"No, we will not!" cried a female Homs hefting a rifle. "We have grown unbearably sick of taking orders from a self-absorbed blowhard who does nothing but boast. What have you ever done for the Homs, or the Nopon? Why don't you use your divinity to put a stop to this endless bloodshed? The only thing we will fight for is a world without gods."

I glowered at the mouthy vixen. "Insolence! Why should I intervene in affairs that do not concern me? Your temerity is astonishing, but unconvincing. A world without gods? It is from me that all life is born. It lives only for me. And it shall be returned!" I took hold of my Monado in both hands, lifted it to the sky, and released its pent-up power. "Eater!"

The female Homs fired a cartridge at me, which surrounded me in a protective field. While the barrier would protect me from outside danger, it was likely meant to contain my power. Nonetheless, I willed the Monado to devour the field sent the remaining tendrils toward her. They wrapped around her as she cried in alarm, eating away at her cloth and flesh until only an unrecognizable figure remained.

"Now this is gettin' interesting!" the faced Mechon exclaimed, rushing towards me. "Bring it on, goldie boy!"

I nodded my head and my disciple made precise hand motions in the air, causing the ether to bend to her will. Around the Mechon, I could see the illusive destruction of the Mechonis take place as it fell into the sea, but then a pair of green claws rent the hallucination asunder. "This is the best you've got?" the Face derided, aiming its claws toward my servant. "Shoddy work for a deity's tagalong!" And the claws transfixed her before she could react.

I observed her death with only the slightest bit of remorse, but was comforted by a slight smile on her face. So she had followed the same path as mine to the very end and bore no regrets. Nothing meant more to me than seeing those faithful to my will get rewarded, but rebellion is an unforgivable betrayal of my benevolence. Now not only my own creations were to be castigated, but that impetuous rogue as well.

musicfan was Sharla, the Town Healer!
JC-Hurin was Lorithia, the Mafia Framer!

Day 5 ends on Friday, August 14th, at 8:00 PM CST.

Players
  1. Linkdude74
  2. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  3. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  4. Cody
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban, the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2