• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always give him the benefit of the doubt but I rarely ever find a real reason to read him one way or the other so I like to know what others think.

My problem with that is that it’s stated afterward and not during, and yeah he’s new, but it’s a lot easier to make up something afterward then being stuck in stone saying it at once. So it’s not quite enough for me to see a real process unless you’re sure all of that’s true, and if it is it would’ve made more sense to give it at the same time as the voting and unvoting. I’m not disagreeing I just mean it has more characteristics of an ingenuine thought process than a genuine one so it reads more to me noob scum than noob town atm, which presents the usual dilemma of him being impossible to read which is why I feel the best way to remove as a distraction would be for him to claim under pressure of death as it would be hard for mafia to claim and not get counter claimed and if he doesn’t it would make him almost sure town and avoid a mislynch later on. Even if he has a super important town role at least this prevents a mislynch day two and gives us time to focus elsewhere.

Actually you give me an idea, we likely have a cop, and whoever that is would be doing us a big favor in checking up on Yiga and stormy provided they stay alive, I feel that would be very helpful.

But then if you don’t agree with me still we ought to lynch someone, who do you suggest then? @Doc why so quiet.

I’m going with what I think is best.

Unvote

Vote: Stormy

I accidentally bolded this entire quote, oh well.

Irl mafia and forum mafia are very different, ya gotta git gud.

If you weren’t voting stormy who would you be voting?

funnier says Storm's thought process is contrived. It looked like he voted Deku for no reason and then came up with the reason after he was caught red handed. Given how the day turned out, I think this assessment is pretty accurate, and funnier did a good job articulating why it would come from noob scum rather than noob town. Town lean.

I don't think I'm being super quiet. I am trying to make sense of the situation. I retain that I do not find Storma's actions to be all that scummy. Bandwagoning and flip flopping into these extremes is kinda part of his meta. But I also get that some people see this as a distraction that's worth taking out now.

I'm not opposed to pressuring a role out of Storma at this point, because I don't see how else we can get a bit more information out of his lynch.

Unvote
Vote: Stormagedddddddden

Assuming Storma claims a role, do you have anyone else you find particularly scummy?

Doc says Storm doesn't look scummy to him, but he wants to place a pressure vote on him to see if he claims and provides more information from a claim. Not a fan of this post. It's a complete 180 from where Doc stood before, and he even acknowledges the hypocrisy in this post. Scum lean.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Ya know... I am getting a little nervous about Evan now that you brought up the possibility of Jester.
:suspicious: I’m with YIGAhim on this one.
How did I fool him?
This post especially worries me. It was either An honest Evan confused about how he may have fooled me, or a jester playing dumb. I think I know a way of finding out though...

Evan describe to me the role of jester, and also claim your role (Hard preferably) and explain to me your thought process having been this role

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
:D

@Ryuken do you really think he's what you think he is? That role almost never comes up, and is easy to claim to trick people into not voting for them because of the possibility that the soft is true.

Truly I never got your hinting about the fooling around. I've tried to save my skin too many times trying that, and I'd rather lose to an independent right now then give a free pass to a scummy character.

@HylianEVAN I understand your struggle of being new to online mafia. I was there. But, I've used that same excuse that I think you're using right now. My vote stands.
Whatever you say, I guess. The games I used to play got to pretty high levels of mindgames and "4d chess." The hints I give here would be considered painstakingly obvious in those games.
I'm still sticking my vote to Deku, though it's a shame they can't respond right now. I'm not used to operating on little info, and it feels weird when an accusation goes unnoticed or unchallenged.

Ok so I think Deku, Yiga, and Storm are all our candidates for the day 1 lynch I presume? I would honestly be fine with any of those 3 but I am leaning more on Storm. Just a gut feeling, nothing really to back it up. Nothing about Deku strikes me as odd so I am not too confident about lynching him but he is a close second. I have no idea how to read YIGA anymore. He seems scummy to me but every time he seems scummy to me he's town and every time he seems innocent to me he's scum. I am just entirely uncertain on how YIGA will filp. Storm and Deku can flip either way so I feel like out of the 3 they are the safest. I don't agree with funnier saying we should hit an inactive (which may not be what he suggested I may have read it wrong), not because I am one of the inactives but because day 1 lynches are more about getting some form of information. If we kill an inactive we will have nothing to go off of day 2 because if mafia is smart they will hit an inactive too and day 2 will just be another day 1 where we are just shooting randomly hoping to get scum. I feel like hitting either Deku, Yiga, or Storm will give us the most information about other players so I feel like hitting one of them may be the smartest thing to do.

iirc Stormy already has the majority so I don't feel like a vote from me is necessary for now. I'll wait these few hours out and make a decision then and hopefully more will unfold until then to make my decision easier :^^:.

Ayano ends up picking Storm as his preferred lynch out of Deku, YIGA, and Storm, but it's hard to come to any conclusion from this post as he's going off gut feeling. That said, I like the bit about not feeling confident on YIGA because he's usually been bad at reading him in the past.

Ooo, sassy.
edgeworth-shrug.gif

Since nothing's happening today and we don't have anything to go off of besides some scummy behavior, I'm not going to vote. I don't like taking shots in the dark.

Ryuken says he's not going to vote because there wasn't sufficient information for him to vote confidently on Day 1. No way to really read this one way or the other, hence why I wanted to see more from him today.

Vote: Ryuken
Not doing anything, poking fun at people asking him to help out, and not really trying to play
Tryinf and failing is a learning experience. Not trying you don't learn anything.
@funnier6 I shared my thoughts on Storma and Yiga the other day. Idk why my names in the mix, seeing as how I haven't done much, but I'm in no danger so I'm not gonna worry about it immediately.
I'd be fine with lynching either of those two, maybe more supporting a Storm lynch more than Yiga.
That said, I'm staying my vote for now.

Deku votes for Ryuken for not committing to any vote and just posting for the sake of posting. I echoed these thoughts at the end of Day 1 so it's admittedly a bit hypocritical for me to be down on Deku now. This post isn't actually that bad now that I read it. Yes, it could be distancing since Deku says he suspects Storm too, but never ends up voting him, but he had progression on Storm in his ISO.

The usual town cop is the town alignment cop, right? Took me a moment to process what's going on. Role cop is definitely more of a mafia role for fishing out PRs. I don't think Pendio would throw a curve ball like that tbh. His games tend to be standard. Storm is either just lying here or he claimed his actual role thinking that it's equally likely to be town or mafia.

Vote: Stormageden747

I vote Storm for thinking he's lying about his role or claiming his actual role, not knowing role cop doesn't show up as a town role traditionally. In this case, it was the latter.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
What I miss about my old playstyle is that it was impossible to ever read me unless I made a rookie mistake, therefore making it impossible to meta me due to my playstyle. I'm giving this up for a more aggressive playstyle, putting myself under fire, but also firing back. I feel like I'll have to go chaotic neutral if I ever want to have a null read again. With a town role all but confirmed, I am certain to take fire night 2, and there's nothing I can do about it. Without going into hardclaim detail, I have a very valuable role, and could come back with plenty of information tomorrow, so I ask any protective role to protect me. I also ask the Bus Driver to stay away from me if there is one. Got in a lot of role trouble by being "Protected" by a bus driver in a previous game.

Had I not said all of this, mafia would've been dumb to not vote me, as mafia should almost always vote out those who are confirmed town, but had I not said this I would not know how safe my information would be.

Sometimes I talk to hear my head rattle...

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Please look over my wagon analysis when you get the chance, guys. Want to know where we agree and disagree. I'm in school shorter tomorrow (unless I have lab training, which might happen), so I'll try to be on at a more reasonable time when others are then.
I'll give it a thorough read and offer my thoughts on it tomorrow. Give me a sec to flip myself....
edgeworth-zoom(a).gif

And.....
miles-zoom(a).gif

There. That should do it.
miles-aha(d).gif

Mafia throwing each other under the bus... Doc and Deku being the most suspicious so far... Are there other suspects we can consider/eliminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom