• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I don't believe I was fooled at all. If Evan turns out to be scum, you will be the one who was fooled. If he flips town, then we have more information, and we'll get 'em next time.

I don't know what you think I was fooled by. I was fooled into voting for Evan? Flawed plan, unless he is lynchproof or something. Please tell me what I was fooled into doing/not doing
....You remember that you brought up the possibility of there being at least one independent/neutral role, right? Do you see what I'm getting at here, or do I need to say it?
(I even bolded the hint in my post.)

That seems a bit too obvious to me, when in a situation where your scum bud is the only available wagon you either bus or vote someone who people were already suspicious of such as Yiga especially when I find it highly unlikely that anyone would think we would suddenly find Ryuken suspicious enough to switch to.

How does it make you feel about Deku?

I want to reread his progression at the end of the day, but I did not like his vote, in retrospect. That said, you bring up a good point about YIGA or someone who had votes previously being a better counterwagon to Storm. I did not consider that.

Nothing that I went over from day stuck out to me, which sucks, but I have somethings I noticed.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Doc being scum. In the first quote he defends Storma, thinking he thought it was the other Storm. I might sound paranoid when I say this, but I'm going to say this either way, I think the scum were using the confusion there was between the two Storms to defend their scum bud Storma. So while the first quote seems as if Doc was defending Storma due to him being a new player, to me it seems like a way for scum to scum without drawing suspicion to themselves. If that makes sense to you guys.

On the second post, Storma makes the comment that funnier and Yiga are scum buddies, which to me makes it seems the opposite is true. So funnier, Yiga, and DekuDeku lean town or at least pro town to me (deku because Storma tried to lynch him).

I want to reread Doc's posts from Day 1 before commenting on that.

As for your second post, I think that is a good look for YIGA, as I mentioned earlier, and it seemed like funnier was also trying to move the game along by seeing if anyone would hop on and vote Deku withou a solid reason, as Storm did. I'm still not sold on Deku being town as scum usually like to distance in the early game, but it is worth noting that Deku did accumulate three votes early on, I believe, since my RVS vote was still on him at the time.

Good one, Funnier. Led Stormageden right into the trap.

Allow me to explain:

Funnier does one final vote on DekuNut, trying to get a reaction from either Deku, or someone else. That reaction was you also voting Deku, which is a very bandwagon/scum thing to do.

Funnier: Stick 'em up Deku. For... Paranoia!

Stormageden: Uhh... Yeah! My eye's been on you the whole time!

See what I mean?

Who knows, I could've been set up myself right there, but that is what I gather from this.

Vote: Storm

This is where YIGA first votes Storm after RVS concludes.

Storm panics to come up with a reason for his vote afterwards and YIGA keeps up the pressure.

YIGA solid town.

Regarding Storm, I'm confused at what he's doing because he isn't writing his thought process.

He votes Deku for no reason and then wants a reason not to lynch him despite it still being RVS and then he does a quick 180 when he gets some heat from YIGA.

I want to know the intermediate factors that led to this change of heart. Deku only made a joke post in between.

Unvote

Vote: Stormageden747

I vote Storm for not explaining his thought process on changing his read on Deku despite no substantial post from the nut in between.

I don't think Stormageden is doing anything out of the ordinary for him right now. This is similar behavior we have seen in the past; making quick decisions and flip flopping without explaining his thought process. Iirc, Emiya tried to take advantage of that in Vanilla Mafia for an easy lynch.

In that short little exchange between Funnier, Storm, and YIGA, I find YIGA to be the most scum looking. He was ready to crucify Storm at the drop of a hat, and the way he painted it as a "trap" that Storm walked into rubbed me the wrong way.

On second thought, funnier is scum. I don't know why, but there are certainly reasons.

Doc thinks Storm is behaving normally and that mafia might be taking advantage of his unexplained behavior to lynch him, citing a previous game.

Among Funnier, Storm, and YIGA, he calls YIGA the scummiest looking. Possible rule of 3 going on in this post.

YIGA is pretty much confirmed town and Storm flipped mafia so that only leaves funnier as an unknown.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
YIGA solid town.
:D

@Ryuken do you really think he's what you think he is? That role almost never comes up, and is easy to claim to trick people into not voting for them because of the possibility that the soft is true.

Truly I never got your hinting about the fooling around. I've tried to save my skin too many times trying that, and I'd rather lose to an independent right now then give a free pass to a scummy character.

@HylianEVAN I understand your struggle of being new to online mafia. I was there. But, I've used that same excuse that I think you're using right now. My vote stands.

You get used to it eventually, Ryu.
I feel lile Yiga acted too quickly with Storma. I can kind of see his reason for voting me, pressure-wise. I've always argued that a single vote is not pressure, so I agree with him there. Howeber, if more people joined after, THAT would be super suspicous. I dont scumread Yiga for that, but he deserves a stern talking to (consider this one I guess Maybe)
However, I do find Storma suspicious for saying he found me townie. He has no reason to. I did literally nothing constructive in between his vote and unvote. It almost seemed like he jumped off just as he started getting flack for the vote.
5371a6bec6b42d0ca7e9f828b6194a5c1f2d006539d04fb330abb1e3f0d722aa.jpg

Deku states that YIGAhim should be looked into for acting too hastily in voting for Storm. Then, in the same post, he says he also finds Storm suspicious for reversing his position after voting for Deku and calling him townie instead. I think there is a pretty clear thought process here, which I like.

Sorry for just now responding to this. Been a bit occupied and haven't gotten into the game much yet.

First off, gonna remove my rvs vote.

Unvote

Okay, so regarding everything that's happened recently. Yiga did seem a little rash with voting Storm and explaining funnier's plan. However, he does seem to be trying to apply his reasoning more, which is a step up from his usual gameplay. So for now I'm willing to give him a pass and see if he keeps it up. Mostly because I always tend to find him scummy and lynch him a lot as town, so since he's doing better already I want to give him a chance.

Storm's vote on Deku did seem a bit bandwagony. But he is a newer player and it seems in line with his normal play. I think he tends to act before he thinks a bit, so while I don't necessarily agree with his actions/reasoning I do see where he's coming from with his thought process.

And Deku I just always have trouble reading. He gives me scum vibes a lot, so I'm never sure of my opinions on him. Like his response to the two votes on him was pretty jokey, which seems a little odd to me. But also could just be town Deku not really worried about two 'serious' votes on him this early on. He's experienced as scum though, so I wouldn't expect him to panic under the pressure of a couple of votes if he is mafia this time.

So at the moment, I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. I think there's been some slightly scummy/off behavior, but nothing overtly so. Or rather, no one has seemed to be acting out of character from their usual play.

This post from Minish is hedgey. She comments on YIGA, Storm, and Deku, but basically says she has trouble reading them and wants to give them a pass for now. I'm not a fan of this post. I don't believe Minish returns to vote for anyone for the rest of the day so this is a pretty meh way to end the day. Want to see more from her to make up my mind.

I don't think he's looking particularly townie. But I think he's putting more effort into his thought processes, and genuinely trying to better his play. That's not necessarily townie, since he could be scum trying a different tactic so he doesn't get lynched. But it's not scummy enough for me to think he's mafia right now without seeing more from him. You know how I usually read Yiga, so I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt for now because he does seem to be trying to scum hunt this time.

I think these quotes sum up his thought process pretty well. I didn't say it was a great thought process, but for a new player who seems to be a bit all over the place, I think he did a decent job of explaining his line of reasoning here. He does a bit of omgus here, which doesn't look great, but that's not unusual for newer players to do. But his thought of Yiga and you being possible scum buds seems like it's an effort to find scum and look for make connections.

Funny thing, he was scum a lot when I first started playing, so I guess that's why I always scum read him. I think his scum/town play seems to be fairly similar so that's an issue with trying to read him too.

Hm, I'm not sure about voting someone to force a claim seeing as it could out some very useful roles early on. I'd rather try to find someone I feel is scummy and vote for them. Basically players like Yiga and Storm are easy lynches, so while their posts right now might seem odd, I'm a little hesitant to vote for them day 1 because I feel like it could be scum trying to push for a simple lynch. Because like I said, I don't quite agree with their posts, but considering the types of players they are they don't seem scummy/AI.

This post is better than the last. Minish explains that YIGA and Storm have gotten in trouble for their early behavior before so she wants to lay off them for the time being. Still, I wish she had voted for someone during the day instead of being so non-committal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom