• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW's Islands that had no Purpose.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Not sure what you are talking about. Every island has a purpose. Even the Star Belt Achipelago, whatever it's called has one. Even though it has no land, it has the Ghost Ship and a treasure. Every sector on the great sea has a treaure from a chart. So yeah, every last island has something, big or small.

Neo

The One
the islands shaped like the side of a dice. they were useless.

On the contrary, they each hold a treasure chart. You destroy all of the cannons to make a chest appear on one of the circular structures which represent the numbers on the die. You would fly to this with the deku leaf, and then you'd receive a treasure chart. Each of the six dice islands has one.

As for what the OP says, I can only think of the Tower of the Gods and the island in the far northeast.
More details, please?

O

Okamiguy17

Well, I didn't really enjoy sailing for five hours then find an island that is pointless, although I do love that game!

I think I found the island you're talking about. Just a stone tower sticking out of the water, right?

I never figured out what to do there. But there had to have been something. All the islands had some purpose, even if it wasn't one of much significance.
Where is this island, do you know? I'd very much like to check it out and see if I can find out more about it.

As for useless islands: I know of none. They all had a purpose, be it big or small, as far as I can remember.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I believe the island he is referring to is Iron Island. And actually, it's one of the islands you absolutely must visit in order to complete the game. You acquire a Triforce Chart here after you destroy the cannons and get inside the actual tower/island.

As previously stated, every island holds something. There are 41 Treasure Charts total in the game, and 8 Triforce Charts, making a total of 49 that you can pull stuff up from. The Great Sea in Wind Waker is laid out in a 7 x 7 grid, making 49 total islands. Each Chart leads to a treasure on one specific island, and no chart leads to a treasure on the same island as another one does.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Dabomster I never realized that. I think all islands are useful for hearts or potion or treasure and maybe a blue chu-chu. I do not think there are any islands that are just there for being there.

S

Silva Sniper

Silly all islands are useful!Of course they are,why would they be in the game.

Zarom

The King
An island where there is no fish swimming? I think it is the Tower of the Gods. Or maybe it's the Islet of Steel. Yeah. It has too be one of these two. And they are both essential to beat the game. One is a dungeon and the other has a triforce chart. ;)

DesertDweller

Love Truth
If I remember correctly, that one square with the two rito pilot training ground guys doesn't HAVE an island technically.

I would consider that place unimportant, and not really an island...

But I think all the X-eyed isles were boring places.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Or, if it's none of the above, there is an island not too far off the Isle of Steel that has a tallish kind of tower, if i remember correctly, but that one may have trees, I can't remember....

Anyways, for that one you have to abuse a seagull into hitting a switch at the top to lower the flame barrier around the chest.....or hole.......maybe.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
I thought some islands had no reason to be there. But, then again if they didn't have that area, then there would be a big square hole in the ocean. That would be bad. I would probably fall in it because that's how I am. I wonder where that would lead though. AH! I'm making another topic. My bad. But yeah, some islands were kinda not important.

E

Enraikou

the islands shaped like the side of a dice. they were useless.
they arent useless, destroy all the pirates boats and cannons that are in the wall that will make a chest appers , inside that chest there is a treasure chart and the treasure of this treasure chart is a map that can show all the places of pieces of hearts ,etc

R

rnddim

As far as I know, not every island is essential to complete the game, yet they are all essential if one wishes to get 100% game completion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom