• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wrap Your Crazy Minds Around My Crazy Concoction!

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Okay, my timeline theory is relatively complete, I'm pretty sure, but it's still got many people I've shared it with calling me crazy. Please leave questions and comments. I'd be happy to share more idiocy with you.

Non-canonical
This theory has been Xandarized

OoT is first, Eiji Aonoma said so. I think we can trust him.
Then most of you would assume MM, right? No. MM never happened. Link was walking through the forest at the start of MM, right? What's there to eat in a forest that appears in many Zelda games? Mushrooms. If you eat the wrong ones what happens? You get high.
Now then, if you look at this game in comparison to Ocarina, there's obvious similarities. The two witches, Malon and Talon, almost all the characters you interact with in some way resemble a character in Ocarina. They say when you die, your life flashes back before your eyes. What would this look like if you were high? I think it'd look just like Majora's Mask. When Link fell at the start of the game, he died. Then his life flashed before his eyes while he was high. This was Link 1.
Link 2 came along slightly after this. In Ocarina of Time, I think that just before Link sent himself back in time, Link and Zelda got into a bed and... You know..... Then they went back in time, thinking nothing would screw up. Then, seven years later, Zelda got pregnant because she'd slept with Link in the future in the past. Um... I'm not sure I worded that quite right, but I think you get my drift.
Anyways, this was Link 2, the star of Twilight Princess. TP comes next because of the obvious geography similarities. There's plenty of differences as well, but we can let them slide.
After that, Link's family eventually comes out to Link 3 and 4. 3 is the star for Minish Cap and 4 for ALttP. These two are distant cousins who live in slightly different places.
These go here, of course, because WW mentions in the beginning somewhere before the Hero of Time and the game that's about to begin some sort of "Foul wind blowing." This is Minish Cap and LttP.
The Link of Minish Cap finishes his quest and goes back and lives happily ever after and all that jazz. Living happily ever after, this is where Link 1's family tree ends on this side.
Link 4, however, over in ALttP, is hopping between dimensions, and through this, I think he accidentally leaves some sort of crazy spiritual imprint on the dark world, but he still saves it, which creates an alternate reality. The Darkworld first, trying to understand this "Link" character creates Link 5, but the Darkworld is unsure of how to deal with him, so it sends him into another altirnate reality where he's in two places at once. This is the Oracle games right here. Eventually, the Darkworld understands more of who and what Link is, and it thrusts him headlong into another quest to save the world, 'cause that's what he does. It reunited him and himself that was split up in the Oracle games.
This is the same Link (Link 5) in LoZ and AoL.
Link 6-9 are also created, mostly just 6 though because as the Darkworld is putting Link in places he can help, it sticks him into position for Four Swords and later on FSA. So basically it splits him into two forms, one of which went through the Oracle games and one who didn't.
Then at some point, the Darkworld which my mind has twisted into some strange entity, being some entity, had to poop. This poop spawned yet another reality that we know as Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil. That's right, they're a poop of the Darkworld.
Now then, back to the first reality, all the Links from there are at their end, but several hundred or thousand years later, there was a new hero. Link 10. This Link starred in WW, PH, and then as he was sailing around the sea, his ship crashed in a storm and he fell off and landed on the shores of Link's Awakening.

To sum up in case you didn't get all that,
OoT
MM(Link's dead.)
TP
MC/LttP--------------------(Alternate reality)--Oracles
WW | / \
PH | LoZ/AoL FS/FSA
LA |
|
(Darkworld Poop) FoE/WoG

And that's my crazy plotline.

Last edited:
This sure is... and interesting timeline. I mean, yeah, you are kind of crazy :xd:. But I think it's just so... DIFFERENT that Nintendo would never, if they ever do, release an official timeline like this. It is interesting, like I said. I'm not sure I can say much else.

I stopped at that bit about MM never happening. You're saying he ate a mushroom SO POWERFUL that he got high for more than 3 days and imagined everything in MM?

SoJ, there are lots of mushrooms that could easily kill you/make you hallucinate for ling periods of time. It's really not unlikely. And don't forget, this is not our world, so the mushrooms can be totally different.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i agree with SoJ on this one. i totally stopped reading it after you said Link was high/dead. there is absolutely no evidence to prove that. i think its funny when people say things like "its not the real world so a mushroom could do this"

without actually seeing someone get extremely high off of a mushroom, i think we can assume there are no mushrooms for them to get high off of.

i stopped after the MM part...

and one other thing, OoT was stated to be the first game in the series over ten years ago... there may be some changes since then and i consider MC to be first.

SoJ, there are lots of mushrooms that could easily kill you/make you hallucinate for ling periods of time. It's really not unlikely. And don't forget, this is not our world, so the mushrooms can be totally different.
Sure, but do you think the developers were thinking about him getting high for days-months on a mushroom?

Anyway, it is hard to focus on that giant wall of text.

Kazumi

chagy
Were they thinking about him getting high, and sleeping with Zelda, and.... Well.. That's where I stopped. I believe, that you truly are crazy, and that this timeline would never, ever, happen. I just don't agree. Nintendo was never thinking about this when they made the games. Wow. Ok. This timeline goes against all of our proof, in-game text, what the creators said, and really, makes NO sense, whatsoever.

Pinecove

Last Chance
...Yeah for once I'm agreeing with Zemen here.

He died from a mushroom? Yeah right. And what is this alternate reality thing you talk of?

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I think you're the one who's high on shrooms. There is no way that the timeline theory would be that complex.

Edit: It actually is well thought-out, and has a certain ring to it. I guess I was just surprised. I'm certainly sure that the developers weren't thinking of it, but it certainly is most creative.

I think the Link-on-shrooms is what makes people gag. lol

Last edited:

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I've actually researched and thought about this a lot. I might be crazy, who knows? And also, I never said Nintendo or the developers would agree with it. In fact, if somebody actually showed this to Eiji Aonoma I bet he'd get a laugh out of how preposterous it sounds. I almost laugh myself, but then I'm enough of a nerd to actually put the thought into concocting such an elaborate timeline that has no bearing on reality because this is just the chronology of a video game series that for all we know might not have a contingency beyond the few direct sequels.

Also, you guys seem to think I expect you to agree with me, which I don't. If I'd seen this posted a few years ago I'd pass it off as boloney. Quite frankly, it's mostly because I'm kind of paranoid about every little thing in certain games that I even made this. Zelda's one of those games. I just find every little thing and then wonder if there was more to something and try every little thing. That's kind of like how this theory works. You have to think half of everything is a hoax to really understand it I think.
I'm not even sure if I typed any of that last paragraph the way I meant to.

Anyways, this is just my take on the story of Zelda. It's obviously going to be up to debate forever, so really, who cares what I think?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I like this theory. Not so much that its accurate, common, canonical, or similar to any type of theory before, but I just like it. I do like it because you use your imagination. Not necessarily looking at all the known details and thinking how they fit together, but rather, thinking of all the details that are not available, but can link the story together.

Anyway, into the heart of the story. The Majora's Mask as a big hallucination. Whether it happened or not, it would still be placed after Ocarina of Time in the 'Xandar-ized' timeline. Since while it didn't happen to everybody else, to Link (our character), it did happen, and thus, it is an event for Link.

The portion about the end, with the cdi games. Okay, that's just Xandar being Xandar. The little I remember of you, shines right in this post.

I think we need a 'Non-Canonical' label at the top, along with a saying, 'This theory has been Xandardized.'

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I've actually researched and thought about this a lot. I might be crazy, who knows? And also, I never said Nintendo or the developers would agree with it. In fact, if somebody actually showed this to Eiji Aonoma I bet he'd get a laugh out of how preposterous it sounds. I almost laugh myself, but then I'm enough of a nerd to actually put the thought into concocting such an elaborate timeline that has no bearing on reality because this is just the chronology of a video game series that for all we know might not have a contingency beyond the few direct sequels.

Also, you guys seem to think I expect you to agree with me, which I don't. If I'd seen this posted a few years ago I'd pass it off as boloney. Quite frankly, it's mostly because I'm kind of paranoid about every little thing in certain games that I even made this. Zelda's one of those games. I just find every little thing and then wonder if there was more to something and try every little thing. That's kind of like how this theory works. You have to think half of everything is a hoax to really understand it I think.
I'm not even sure if I typed any of that last paragraph the way I meant to.

Anyways, this is just my take on the story of Zelda. It's obviously going to be up to debate forever, so really, who cares what I think?

you just said yourself that the creators would laugh at your theory. that should be reason enough for you to not believe it. i think they know whats going on much better than you do.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Mases, I also remember something about you. I'm happy I've stuck around all these years 'cause I remember reading several of your walkthroughs and such that seemed to be descriptive in such a way that I could understand better than most and that came through right here. I can't think of any better way to describe what my timeline theory is. I put the labels up in the original post. Thanks, Mases!

Also, I'm pretty sure that this is not necessarily what the creators should think or do think or ever will think, but rather what I think. Honestly, I'm happy that the creators created it the way they did, but I think in this way, Zelda's sort of like the bible; every person who reads it has their own interpretation. I've seen people debate the meaning of individual verses of the bible, just like all of us have different timeline theories, regardless of what the creators say. I'm not saying that Zelda is half as important as the bible, I just think it's a good comparison to get across what I'm trying to say.

Or a fanfic tag :P

anyway, this is nice "theory". It's always good to use your imagination, but i doubt Link was high in MM :P

Also, that diagram you used in the end of the post is uninteligible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom