• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Wait Til' 2012?

Con-man

Master Swordsman
So there's a lot of people in the "How excited for SS are you?" thread saying they would rather wait until 2011 and get a better game, than get a crappy game now. My question is, would you wait til 2012 if it would mean getting the most epic, amazing game ever, so awesome that even the hardcore Call of Duty and Halo fans went out and got a wii just so they could play SS?

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I would most definitely wait until 2012.
Especially if it meant rubbing the awesome game in Microsoft's fans' faces! :D
I'm sorry Halo and CoD people, but Zelda PWNS :3

I would wait but in that time they could atleast release a DS version of Zelda to stop me from going insane and killing everyone.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
(You can still be a hardcore CoD fan and a hardcore Zelda fan at the same time. I am.)

Yes, I would wait. I wouldn't mind the wait at all. I don't like games being rushed... I think I could have enjoyed TP a lot more had it not been rushed for Wii Launch. I don't want them to get as much done as they can in a set time frame. I want them to release the game when they are 100% satisfied with it, that way I can be satisfied with it.

I'd be happy if they took an extra year. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for Skyward Sword, but I want it to be great. They are adding so many new things and changing the formula... I think that because of these potentially drastic changes, more time should be given to work on it to make sure everything is perfect.

Rofang

Person
No, I'd rather have a pretty good game in 2011 than a best-ever game in 2012. I figure the net happiness to me between the two levels of game quality isn't a monumental span. If it's a fun diversion for a few months, that's good enough - gimme.

Din Akera

Sniper
I would not be opposed to waiting, but I think I would then be expecting such greatness that it would let me down. I try not to hype myself up for anything to, to much otherwise I can be disappointed. If waiting another year truly allowed them to improved the game to a greater extent than it would if it was released in 2011 then I would not complain.

Part of me would like it to be released in 2012, just so I can have time to do WW and PH (Yes, got my eyes on copies of each. ...they are within reach.)

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I'm a patient waiter people, so I really don't mind... First request, don't rush it, for everyone's sake. Or it'll end up like the Wii version of TP. I want this game to be better than TP, & I liked TP a lot. It would give me more time to save up for WW.

B

Bloot

Well, see, I don't know. A 2012 game release...does that really ensure a good game? Could it turn into one of those "I waited so long for this but it turns out to be a disappointment" kind of things? Sure. But then maybe not. I think about TP in this case: waited around for it, loved it, but saw a lot of areas where it could have been better, esp. when I went back and played it again. I want SS to be even better than that. So...I don't know...I guess I'll love it regardless.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Sure, I could wait. I mean, if it came out in 2012 then I'll know for a fact that it will be incredibly amazing and not at all rushed. And rushed games, as we all know, are not nearly as fun as games that are perfected to every last detail.

I trust Nintendo's judgement. I'm sure they don't want to have another Twilight Princess for Wii deal again, either.

It'll be awesome regardless as to when it comes out, though, and definitely worth however long they want us to wait. =)

Plus I doubt it will be as obnoxious of a wait as it was for FFVII:Advent Children. That movie was delayed so many times and had infinite rumored release dates, it was absolutely ridiculous. I can't think of a time where Nintendo has ever pulled something like that.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes I can wait. I have waited even longer for movies to come out and it takes a while but once released it is going to be great. No matter how long I have to wait but I am very patient. And IF the game would be the most epic one ever it would be worth waiting for. And besides that; it is Zelda, so this alone makes it worth the wait

D

DarkLink51

I agree with vemberswind! But as i wait i will be playing call of duty! But my loyalty will stay with legend of zelda as my fav game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom