• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See a 3D-style Pokemon?

Would you like to see a 3D Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't care

• Total voters

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The title says it all. Recently I aquired a copy of the GC game Gale of Darkness and I am enjoying it immensely. It got me thinking, though. What would people think if they brought back a 3D battle/navigation style format for the next Gen? Your thoughts?

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
I've never had the chance to play one, excluding Pokemon Stadium (only Nintendo console I've owned was the N64) though if one was to be released now I'd consider buying it's console.

univpark

Heart of Steel
I'd be happy as long as they kept the turn-based system, thinking about it now.

Nobody I know (That's younger than me, that is...) seems to get that a real-time would take out a lot of the strategy...

Fig

The Altruist
It's been a while since a 3D Pokémon has appeared. I guess Pokémon Battle Revolution was pretty good, but it didn't had the excitement as Pokémon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. I really hope a new 3D Pokémon will appear sometime soon! ^^

I unfortunately never got around to buying Gale of Darkness, however I loved Pokemon Colosseum. It's great to see the Pokemon you love on the big screen ^.^

If they did make another 3D-style game, however, I would want it more to resemble the 2D ones we're used to. I loved the Shadow Pokemon idea in Colosseum, however I really missed the freedom of just going out in the tall grass and catching your own Pokemon. I'm not sure how they would apply that to a 3D game to make it work smoothly, however I'm sure they could pull it off.
But I'd still be happy with another Pokemon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness type game :)

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
If they made a 3d pokemon for a handheld then I'd be all for it. The GC games weren't exactly full fledged pokemon games but they gave you a good taste of what it would be like. The 3ds could totally handle that kind of game so I'd really want to see something like that pop up.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
YES YES YES! It would have to make it so you can walk and run, find pokemon in the wild, no battle sequences! And also, the fighting has to be similar to pokepark. ecxept have 4 moves, and be a little more complicated. no, much more complicated. But that would be awesome!

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I really want to see them make a truly huge world for us to run around in, like in Skyrim but not as boring. Gameplay-wise they can still keep it turn-based (that's when it's at its best), but keep the battle stage in the real world like in Chrono Trigger. I really want to see the Pokemon's abilities and their effects on the world around them, like when Gyarados goes on a rampage I want the world around him to be take severe damage. That'll be sweet.

I've been maintaining that a 3D Pokemon game similar to Gale of Darkness for the 3DS would be awesome for a while now. With a similar graphic style to Gale of Darkness and Ocarina of Time 3D, I think the game would look brilliant, and with gameplay similar to Gale of Darkness with some improvements - and of course, a conversion to the 3DS' button/touchscreen layout - it would play out well. I like Sir Quaffler's idea of an open 3D world, as I think that would benefit the Pokemon series well. Pokemon Black was rather stale to me; I think it's time for the series to move on, not only to new game consoles but to broader horizons in terms of gameplay. The game would have to retain the basic Pokemon formula, I think, as opposed to Gale of Darkness, but overall it would be a nice, refreshing leap for the series to go 3D, especially on the 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom