• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Would You Have Preferred a Week?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Majora's Mask was originally going to be a week long. This is official and discoverable through the fourth day glitch. It would have had the various puzzles scattered throughout seven days. Would you have wanted this? If so, what puzzles could you create or improve for this setup?

On the upside, it would give beginners more time to complete stuff without the constant strain of time. There would also be more puzzle-stuff to remember (the ones involving the three days, like the changing contents of holes in the field and the daily games in Clock Town). In the end, I'm glad they kept it at 3 for simplicity's sake.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I doubt the N64 could handle it...and no...it was annoying enough to have to constantly wait in MM's 3 day system. God forbid a week.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A week would be quite overkill, and like DarkestLink above me said, I doubt the N64 could handle a week with all of those scripted events. MM is a 32MB game and it requires an expansion pack; I do not believe it could come remotely close to a week given cartridge limitations. Still, it's an interesting proposal that could (and should, as an alternate mode) appear in Majora's Mask 3D -- assuming the title is even made.

What kinds of (new) puzzles would be put in the remaining four days?

I doubt the N64 could handle it...and no...it was annoying enough to have to constantly wait in MM's 3 day system. God forbid a week.

>wait
>song of double time

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
A week would have sucked. I didn't have any problem at all with the 3 day limitation. With the inverted song of time, it was really easy to complete tasks within the time limit. With that song played, you have around 3 hours total in one 3 day cycle, which is way more than enough time. The only time I ever ran out of time was my first time doing the ST Temple, trying to get all the Stray Fairies. So really, the 3 Day Time Limit is enough. I wouldn't want to see the switch to a week because then it wouldn't be MM

Unless you mean 1 week to complete the whole game, then that would be hard!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
A week would have sucked. I didn't have any problem at all with the 3 day limitation. With the inverted song of time, it was really easy to complete tasks within the time limit. With that song played, you have around 3 hours total in one 3 day cycle, which is way more than enough time. The only time I ever ran out of time was my first time doing the ST Temple, trying to get all the Stray Fairies. So really, the 3 Day Time Limit is enough. I wouldn't want to see the switch to a week because then it wouldn't be MM

Unless you mean 1 week to complete the whole game, then that would be hard!

It's not about time, it's more about...well...scheduling. The differences between Days 1, 2, and 3 being expanded into the differences of days 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5, 6, and 7.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
No, that's a stretch. Three is right in relation to the amount content seen in the game. It would have only resulted in more waiting time, I'm assuming.

Beeker

Wild Card
I would prefer it with three days instead of 7. If all of the quests were spread over the 7 days with no new ones, then there would be so much open time, perhaps more than needed.
As for amount of time, I like the hectic feel three days gives. Plus, with the inverted Song of Time, there is much, much more room to get things done.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I maintain that the finished version of the game was (barring the save system) the best version of the game and I would not have them change anything.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
As many people have said here, a week or seven days would be overkill.

I love the time system in Majoras Mask, I was hesitant as first but it really grew on me, the fact that you would have to think about managing your time appropriately gave you a sense of urgency. I think three dayswas a perfect balance, you would have enough time to do quest stuff but onecould manipulate time, say if they eanted to slow it down or speed it up. I think that the argument against there not being enough time is quite misunderstood, as you can easily slow down time and explore areas as well as actually completing quests. Then you could just restart after reaching a checkpoint and either advance further or tacke some off plot objectives.

Saying that with three days you did still have that sense of rushing and urgency, to be honest if there was an extra four days wpthis would have defeated the objective that Majoras Mask tried to achieve. Plus there is also the hassle of trying to skip through days just to get to a certain time and this could involve a lot of waiting. One plus I could see from this is that there could have been a lot of room for new quests, side quests and just general change in routines on the days.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Had the game had more dungeons, yes! I think that is a very good idea. Honestly I never knew Majoras Mask was going to be a week.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
It would have given new players a chance to get use to the controls and gameplay. But, then the game wouldn't be fun. So people, including me, sometimes play the game where we try to get as much done within three days. Also, the Three-Day Challenge would not exist.

It would only be a good idea if the game had more than four dungeons and longer sidequests.

DID YOU KNOW:
In an early interview, Miyamoto said that there would be a store where you could buy additional time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom