• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Would You Have Preferred a Remake?

Would you prefer an ALTTP remake?

• Remake!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALBW!

• Undecided

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
So, ALBW is coming out soon, and a lot of people are hyped for it. I'm just wondering if it would have been better to follow the original idea Aonuma talked about. The plan to remake ALTTP on the 3DS. I mean the games look very similar, and the overworlds are basically identical from what we've seen so far. Would it have been better to simply make the remake?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Eh I haven't even touched ALBW so I can't say what I would've preferred. Although MM3D is easily what I desire, I don't know if ALBW is any good or not so I won't really pass a judgment.

Big Octo

=^)
I prefer it as its own game. We don't need this many remakes this often, well, at least I think so. Seeing a new game is nice, even if it borrows many elements from the previous games. A remake of A Link to the Past may have been good, sure, but at any given time, I'll prefer a new game. After all, I've likely played the original game from which the remake is based on.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
ABLW. Honestly, I'd rather they just left aLttP alone and pretend it never happened.

MW7

I'm glad they went with ALBW because I am really looking forward to the new dungeons. I wanted OOT 3d to be much more experimental, and Nintendo went with a more conventional approach. I have no idea why I would purchase a pure remake of ALttP considering that I bought the GBA remake and have the original for SNES still.

ALBW because it's a new game on its own. A remake of ALttP would also be nice but I'd personally prefer MM since they'll put ALttP on the eShop (Hopefully soon :))

Salem

SICK
It would be preferable that they made a new world world instead of the exact same one as alttp. Alttp is the greatest Zelda game, now ALBW will be constantly compared to it, and it has to match it in quality, basically they will be a lot of pressure for it to succeed.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I would personally prefer a new game than a remake. Sure a remake is good every once in a while, but with Wind Waker HD already out, I personally would believe that Nintendo may be taking such a great risk if another remake from the series were to be also released within the same time. I maybe wrong though as who knows, maybe millions of people would have bought the game. o_O However, in my opinion, a new game into the series is better in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom