• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Would You Have Preferred a Remake?

Would you prefer an ALTTP remake?

• Remake!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALBW!

• Undecided

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I don't like remakes in of themselves, as unless they are going to be really innovative like Star Fox 64 was, they feel like a waist of time and resources to me. You can imagine my reaction when being asked would I prefer one over a sequel. Of course, if ALBW is a carbon copy then I might say something like "they might as well have just remade ALttP" but I know nothing of the game as I don't follow Zelda news. I'd prefer a sequel over a remake any day, but it still needs to be done right.

Salem

SICK
It's just that money is tight right now, and I hate to miss out on the fun of the game, and all the fun stuff we talk about here on the site.
You won't miss it, even if you don't buy it right away, as in near the game's release date. You can wait until the price drops or buy it used, there's no problem, but I see where you're coming from like missing the fun, games are fun when you play them when they first come out.

You won't believe the number of games I waited YEARS before I decided to buy it, yeah, most of them are 7th gen and 6th gen.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
It drive me nuts when people start saying a game is bad or that they should have remade this game instead (Not saying you did) When the game HASN'T been released yet! I try not to judge a game before I play it. So I chose a ALBW because I agree with some other people who have posted, Nintendo should keep making new games in Zelda, but a remake every now and then is okay.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
No way. Remakes are great to have time to time, but we've been seeing a lot of them lately. ALBW is the only all new Zelda game that's currently coming out and I definitely wouldn't trade it for a remake.

ALBW is a disguised ALttP remake as is, at least its Light World.

With the 3DS and Wii U already having a remake each and Nintendo wanting to strike a balance between old and new, I think ALBW is the right choice after bolder experiments like the cel shading trilogy and Skyward Sword.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Every developer has a quota of allowed remakes they can do every few years without gamers whining about wanting new stuff and not remakes. ;) Some die-hard people will always whine that, but, with OoT3D and Wind Waker HD I think Nintendo's quota is done for now, that's enough remakes, of two good games, so I'm happy ALBW is a new-game, not a remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom