• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you be happy with the title just being "Breath of the Wild 2?"

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
No.

I, as a writer, strive to come up with the best names I can for places and characters. If Nintendo didn't give BotW2 it's own distinctive name like almost every single past Zelda game, then it will seem like a lack of imagination, uniqueness, and care. I would be sorely disappointed, and I believe the majority of the Zelda fandom would be too. I mean, we've waited a long time for BotW2; we want it to be special and one-of-a-kind game that lives up to its predecessor.

I believe it's highly unlikely though.

No way. Every Zelda game has its own unique subtitle. A Link Between Worlds sounds way better than A Link to the Past 2. The BotW sequel better have its own subtitle as well. Slapping a 2 on is just lazy. Plus, people will start talking about wanting a new Breath of the Wild instead of a new Zelda game, just like how people say they want Skyrim 2 instead of correctly identifying the franchise as The Elder Scrolls.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
No way. Every Zelda game has its own unique subtitle. A Link Between Worlds sounds way better than A Link to the Past 2. The BotW sequel better have its own subtitle as well. Slapping a 2 on is just lazy. Plus, people will start talking about wanting a new Breath of the Wild instead of a new Zelda game, just like how people say they want Skyrim 2 instead of correctly identifying the franchise as The Elder Scrolls.
imagine people wanting a new zelda game feelsbadman

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Um...

I'll take "No" for $500.

In all seriousness, up to this point in the series, they haven't named any games like that, as far as I'm aware. I don't see why they would start now.

And more than that, I think the unique name of a game just breathes a special life and light into it. Not just in LoZ, but in gaming in general. (I was VERY disappointed with Nintendo when they named the latest Mario Bros. game New Super Power Ninja Turbo Neo Ultra Hyper Mega Multi Alpha Meta Extra Uber Mario Bros. U Deluxe. I mean, at least get rid of the U!)

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Subtitles are okaaay, but overall just adding "2" to a preexisting title is mega cheap. I mean, Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina, but since it's its own separate adventure it got it's own separate name. Just adding a 2 basically says "okay, you you liked that, here is more of that exact same thing!" Lame. Let the game make its own way. If necessary add a subtle nod, like "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Darkness" or something like that.

Given Breath of the Wild 2 is not a sequel but a prequel, I say it would be misleading from the marketing stand-point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom