• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you be happy with the title just being "Breath of the Wild 2?"

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
If the title for BotW2 end up just being BotW2, that would be the first time Zelda pulls this kind of title since the 80's. (EDIT: forgot that ALBW in Japan is called Triforce of the Gods 2)

Then again, this is probably the most 'direct' sequels Nintendo has ever made for a Zelda game.

If it were to happen, what would be your reaction?

In my opinion Zelda is not always great with subtitles. ('Skyward Sword' is such a tongue-twister) But I still want one for BotW2.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd like to see an actual subtitle rather than a numbered title, personally. It helps to make each game feel more distinct rather than iterative, as some sequels tend to be in other game series.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
An actual subtitle would be preferable, but yeah, those aren't the greatest when it comes to Zelda. I mean, OoT and TP are both kinda spoilers.
I think that just calling it BotW2 would be fine, especially when you think of the fact this is just a glorified expansion pack.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I desperately hope it has a new subtitle
Even zelda 2 has a subtitle

The more important logic is that breath of the wild 2 will likely not be a good descriptor of the game, based on the trailer

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
We've been referring to it as BOTW2 for so long that calling it anything else would just be weird. It's like us calling Smash Ultimate "Smash 5" for so long that we had some brief trouble adjusting. Only now, it'll have been five years, as opposed to Ultimate's... what was it, a few months?

Since it's become colloquially known as BoTW2, I'm sure they could keep that in the logo, but I'd be surprised if it didn't have a better subtitle to go with it. Like Breath of the Wild 2: Other Subtitle Here. It would probably depend on how they wanna do the logo, but games can have long titles with multiple subtitles if they really want to.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
We've been referring to it as BOTW2 for so long that calling it anything else would just be weird. It's like us calling Smash Ultimate "Smash 5" for so long that we had some brief trouble adjusting. Only now, it'll have been five years, as opposed to Ultimate's... what was it, a few months?
who had trouble adjusting?
ultimate is a pretty good name and people picked up on it quickly
and "breath of the wild two" is honestly a mouthful and has no flow, I really don't think a new name would be weird

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
who had trouble adjusting?
ultimate is a pretty good name and people picked up on it quickly
and "breath of the wild two" is honestly a mouthful and has no flow, I really don't think a new name would be weird
Well, I did, and so did a relative of mine... so I suppose it was wrong of me to make that assumption.
I always pronounce it "Botwah Two"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom