• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Would I Enjoy Spirit Tracks?

I loved the whole concept of Phantom Hourglass. Such neat controls. The problem is the game seemed a little too much like a long tech demo. "Here are some neat controls for you. Too bad we didn't design any compelling gameplay for them." I've heard Spirit Tracks fixes this with some challenging and intriguing puzzles, but from some fellow Zelda fanatics: how do you feel about ST's puzzles compared to PH?

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I enjoyed Spirit Tracks, a lot of the flaws of Phantom Hourglass have been fixed. My only real gripe is the tedious train segments which are at time very slow and boring. It's still a great Zelda though.

If you liked PH you'll like ST. Granted I have only played a bit of PH but Ive played enough to know that ST is like PH perfected.

the tower of spirits is far more interesting than the temple of the ocean king(least what I've played of it).

And for people who will talk about the tediousness of train its no worse than WW or PH(i love the transport in all those games those) sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the scenery.

But long story short ST has some great(but short) dungeons and alot of side-quests of varying intrest. Its definitely worth a play through.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I LOVE Spirit Tracks! The dungeons are pretty short and there's not really any super-duper hard puzzles, but there's fantastic music (something very important to me!), the rabbit side-quest is awesome, the concept of a train rocks, there's no stupid Temple of the Ocean King, and the gameplay is just great. Definitely check it out!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The gameplay in ST is more or less the same as in PH, but I felt the devs improved it somehow. The graphics are mostly the same though the story in my opinion is so much better. The train segments were tacked on, I can tell, though they still felt better than using the boat in PH. Dungeons, while I can't remember any of them, I do know they're intricate and are mildly challenging. Sidequests were way better in ST than PH. As Lolcat...LolGames4U said, the music was fantastic and I could actually hear it. Overall if you liked PH then ST should be a given. They have their differences, but I prefer ST over PH.

I think that ST was superior to PH on multiple aspects (though neither is my fav. handheld!LoZ), first and foremost controls. In ST controls felt more...fluid.

Music was better, graphics were pretty much the same except for Link - he looked different. Which IMO was good, he was a different Link after all. Boss battles and sidequests were better in ST as well and ST had much more interesting locations with the four lands-split and all. (Though I had a soft spot for Anouki since PH and I kind of liked them more in PH...)

I believe that ST's weakest point was travelling, actually. It was tedious and the teleportation/warping system was....nowhere near as good as PH's.

Puzzles? It's been a long time since I last played PH or ST, but I think that the controls being better implemented in ST also made the puzzles more enjoyable (though not much harder).

If you liked PH you should give ST a try.

OK, so far I'm enjoying this game quite a bit. For now, the train riding is pretty cool. I like how it gives you something to do by shooting enemies with your cannon and avoiding phantom trains. My only complaints with this game: I wish Nintendo made better microphones so I could actually BLOW into the mic instead of holding an "aaaaah" note and I wish every single dungeon was designed around Phantom Zelda.

I like how even the most simple puzzles can stump me here, too. >_> In the Forest Sanctuary with the two bombs, that took me like 15 minutes or more to figure out you needed to lay the first bomb next to the switch instead of throwing it directly at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom