• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Game This Gen

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't think worst purchase necessarily means worst game this gen. That's a bit of an exaggeration. With that said, I'd say Iron Man is my worst purchase this gen, and a contender for worst game this gen.

...And wow, some people here don't have much taste I see.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Wait, Sticker Star counts as last gen? Pfft, forget the other two then, that wins by a landslide.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think worst purchase necessarily means worst game this gen. That's a bit of an exaggeration. With that said, I'd say Iron Man is my worst purchase this gen, and a contender for worst game this gen.

Going for movie-licensed games, I see. I'd argue that Thor and Green Lantern were the worst ones this time around.

...And wow, some people here don't have much taste I see.

No kidding. I came in expecting brain-distorting answers and STILL was surprised.

I've never bought a game I didn't like, I'm frugal so when I buy a game I'm absolutely sure that I'll like it as I don't want to waste my money.

On a side note it doesn't matter if peoples opinions are flawed you don't have to agree with them, the only thing you have to or rather should do is respect them, if I feel the need to let someone know that I disagree with their opinion I try to do it politely or I keep it to myself and share my own opinion on the matter, it's common curtesy.

Sticker Star wasn't great but I still like and or enjoyed the experience.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Going for movie-licensed games, I see. I'd argue that Thor and Green Lantern were the worst ones this time around.

I played Green Lantern, that game is fully functional and playable. Nothing spectacular, but it's an Ultimate Alliance style beat'em up with pretty visuals. Iron Man takes the **** cake here. I had Thor, never played it though, so I have no opinion there, but Green Lantern is far from worst game.

Thought of another game I consider to be a terrible purchase and a disappointment. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two. Was hoping this game would fix all of the problems from the original game, but sadly, that wasn't the case. Not to mention the plot is pretty **** poor compared to the first game's plot. And to think, this game was the main reason Disney closed down Junction Point.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm very careful with my purchases to make sure I get something I know I like, so I don't end up with games I later dislike. The only one within recent memory that would fit into the "games I bought and disliked" category are Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Out Garbage? But I can think of a game that, though I personally have never played it, I can easily say is the absolute worst thing I've seen this generation.

Final Fantasy XIII (and by extension its sequel XIII-2). The worst writing I've ever seen, in any medium. How in the world do you mess up writing this horribly? It's almost antithetical in how it botches up basic writing techniques. And it's linear as all get out. Why can you never leave the endless hallway until somewhere around 20 HOURS IN?!

Even the gameplay is uninteresting (at least, from what I've seen). Oh, have the computer play your companions while you mash the A button over and over? Boring. How about you give me some control and let me fight however I want to fight, like the older games did? That always worked there, my personal favorite being FFVI where every single character had different methods of attack and even different input methods to spice combat up, along with the broken magicite system that allowed me to go totally OP on everything in my path. That's awesome, let's get back to that.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Any of the Wii titles (Wii Sports, Wii Party, Wii Music) The reason being that they ruined Nintendo gaming. It gave them a bad reputation that they only appeal to old people and young kids. Iwata needs to seriously be fired. IMO.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Mario Kart Wii: Battles are ruined and too much luck is added to the races.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Poor controls and overly repetitive level design.

:lol: poor controls whats so bad about them
Shakeing the wii remote up and down?
You can't be serius. There are game with controls 5 times as bad if not more. The jumping was precise you did not move to slow.

Last edited:
Any of the Wii titles (Wii Sports, Wii Party, Wii Music) The reason being that they ruined Nintendo gaming. It gave them a bad reputation that they only appeal to old people and young kids. Iwata needs to seriously be fired. IMO.

Yeah, thanks to this, Nintendo's become the laughing stock of the gaming industry. :/ And I still remember the crappy Wii Music representation during E3 years ago. Really horrible.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Thank god for another hater.

The worst games I made a mistake getting:

Skyward Sword

Maybe I should change games to game. Even the name tells you how bad this piece of crap is.

Someone else who thinks Iwata needs to go. Really, he's been ruining Nintendo and reduced them to garbage.

Hey, maybe I could replace Iwata and bring Nintendo back to it's former glory (not make them as good as Sony but better than Microsoft).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom