• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Game This Gen

I couldn't find a topic similar to this. If there is one, merge it with the other one.

Since the 8th generation has started with the WiiU and the PS4 and X1 are coming out soon, what are your worst purchases you've made in the past generation?

For me, those games are:

FFXIII
L.A. Noire
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My worst purchases:
-Grand Theft Auto V (jk, still haven't bought the game ;p)
-Dead Space 3
-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
-almost every PC game I bought bar GW, GW2

That's about it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Please be joking with that last one.

I don't think there's any question that it's the atrocity that is Sonic 2006. The game isn't even finished. Literally, it isn't finished because it was rushed out the door in order to be released for Sonic's 15th anniversary, which was a terrible choice on Sega's part. The head honchos forcing Sonic Team to release this trainwreck just because the fans wouldn't quit their bellyaching about just NEEDING a game for said anniversary resulted in a broken and incohesive mess with unpolished visuals & constant texture pop-in, half-finished animations, sub-part level design, unbelievable glitches, and one of the worst stories ever conceived -- although, to be fair, the story probably would have sucked no matter what with the ridiculous premise it had to begin with.

If you ever have the time, this review is the perfect explanation as to why Sonic 2006 is such a terrible game.

[video=youtube;8yV06AM1Z2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yV06AM1Z2g[/video]

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I really think Fable 3 deserves this title, it's not objectively the "worst game" there are probably many more poor games but, in terms of what this game was and what it should have been, it's the worst in my opinion.

Of course this leans more towards the most "disappointing" game but it was actually a pretty poor game overall. A short and mediocre experience with a pretty awful story. Combat was ok it was just the sheer easiness of the game that made the entire system heavy underutilised. It captured some of the charm of the series but that seems to be only positive - everything just felt really mediocre for a game that could have been great.

It's hard to really make a game that bad with a formula which was seemingly successful previously.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I really think Fable 3 deserves this title

This is precisely what I was going to say, but I would go so far as to call it the worst game, not just of this generation, but potentially of all time. It's certainly in the running for the prize, like. Fable 3 made me hate being British, and I never thought I'd ever feel that way. I got it for free on Xbox Live and I really, really want my money back.

I agree that Sonic 06 was a terrible game. The game was so bad that I barely even played it ever since I got it around Christmas 2006. XD Another bad purchase I've made was Super Monkey Ball Step 'n Roll. The game had really terrible controls.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I actually haven't played too many games from this gen, believe it or not. However, of the ones I have played, I think I will have to give this title to Sonic and the Secret Rings. Everything about this game sucked. It had terrible levels, weird controls, and a party mode that tried too much to be like Mario Party. I never even finished this game because of how much I hated it.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I couldn't find a topic similar to this. If there is one, merge it with the other one.

Since the 8th generation has started with the WiiU and the PS4 and X1 are coming out soon, what are your worst purchases you've made in the past generation?

For me, those games are:

FFXIII
L.A. Noire
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

That's a shame, I loved all three of those games and don't regret purchasing any of them. In fact, Final Fantasy XIII is one of my top 20 all time.

As far as the WORST game this generation... that's a very tough call because I've not played many truly bad games this generation. I've been better about buying games and haven't felt like I've wasted any money at all. But if I had to pick, I think I would give the title to Dragon Age II. It's not that it's an actively bad game as much as it is a supremely uninteresting game. I shouldn't be bored while playing the sequel to one of my favorite tactical RPGs, but oh man I was so bored with DA2 within a few hours of playtime.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh...have to add Call of Duty Black Ops II to the list. It isn't a terrible game, but it's incredibly disappointing. Story is actually pretty weak, and multiplayer component feels like a shell. It's better than MW3, but not quite the ideal.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As far as the WORST game this generation... that's a very tough call because I've not played many truly bad games this generation. I've been better about buying games and haven't felt like I've wasted any money at all. But if I had to pick, I think I would give the title to Dragon Age II. It's not that it's an actively bad game as much as it is a supremely uninteresting game. I shouldn't be bored while playing the sequel to one of my favorite tactical RPGs, but oh man I was so bored with DA2 within a few hours of playtime.

That was certainly a massive disappointment from what I've heard. I personally haven't played any Dragon Age, but it sounds like DAII was a disappointment on par with The Old Republic.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Dragon Age 2 and Fable 3, I'd rather insert fecal matter into my PC and try to play that instead of these abominations.

Mido

Version 1
I actually haven't played too many games from this gen, believe it or not. However, of the ones I have played, I think I will have to give this title to Sonic and the Secret Rings. Everything about this game sucked. It had terrible levels, weird controls, and a party mode that tried too much to be like Mario Party. I never even finished this game because of how much I hated it.

You took the words right out of my mouth there, sir! Although I kind of liked the party mode because of my nostalgic memories of Sonic Shuffle as a kid, which I can barely remember now.

Anyways, I would top my worst games list of this generation with Gears of War: Judgment, which wasn't necessarily a terrible game, but it was incredibly weak in comparison to its predecessors in all aspects. It's what happens when a series strays away from what made it good.

Black Knight was better, imo. I remember back when I first bought Secret Rings (before I got rid of it) years ago, I had no idea how the controls work. Despite being an early title, I still claim it as being one of the worst games for the Wii.

I'm not going to speak for all the games produced the generation, but I can certainly say which game was my absolute worst purchase this generation.

And that would be Sonic the Hedgehog for the Playstation 3. That game has to be one of the biggest letdowns, and one of the biggest video game quality busts that has EVER happened. I wouldn't be surprised if that dubious piece of garbage was the worst video game purchase of my entire life if I ever look back on this kind of thing.

I see that someone above linked to Clement's review of the game. I STRONGLY encourage all video game fans to watch that. It's very long, but incredibly detailed and accurate. Plus Celement himself is just hilarious. One of my favorite online reviews of a game ever, ironically about one of the worst games ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom