• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Words of Wisdom from the Legend of Zelda

Zelda as a whole has never approached the standard of fantasy set by those like Tolkien in plot, narrative or characterisation, but after 16 games there must be some gems hidden under all of those titles in the guise of truthful and meaningful quotes...

So, here is your chance to list some quotes from the Zelda series as a whole which spoke to you personally and gave you the strength to go on or even just the frame of mind to ponder upon what was said.

Zelda is a Japanese game featuring predominantly white people... I don't think it's racist, I think it's just a showing of Japanese culture and how the majority of the characters in Japanese video games/anime are white. Which blows my mind really. Not to mention, whenever other Asian people are portrayed in Japanese games/media, they're usually over the top or look extremely Asian (happy mask salesman).

Anyway, I don't have a direct quote for this, but I think the entire Zelda series is very philosophical. Especially Majora's mask.
That entire game is about the end of the world. I mean, you essential fail a million times before you finally succeed... and even after that, you have to start all over again, failing and failing and failing until you finally have everything to make it so that you can save Termina. Looking at it from that light, portrays the whole if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again thing.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Sheik is a boss when it comes to words of wisdom. Here are some gems:

The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days...

It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go...

Past, present, future... The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail upstream and downstream through time's river... The port for that ship is in the Temple of Time... To restore the Desert Colossus and enter the Spirit Temple, you must travel back through time's flow...

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
"a sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage" - The Hero's Shade, Twilight Princess

The more observant of you will recognize it somewhere. :bleh:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Awesome

"I guess I coveted that wind"", with these words I knew Ganondorf had a motive more than evil. He was deeper than just killing. I just wish they would follow it up.

"Sorry to interrupt such an enthusiastic pep talk, but ascending the tower alone is impossible... What if you went with him?"
"Know that even on the other side of this portal, I will be with you, Master."
"No matter what, Saria will always be your friend..."

My point? "It's dangerous to go alone." It's a theme repeated throughout teh series, and it's true. It is dangerous to live alone, exclude all but yourself. So have friends, and stick with them. It'll prove a good descision.

Link survived with Fi's aid. Zelda could possess Phantoms and help Link in crucial ways. Saria was always there for you, offering advice and hope as a friend and as a Sage. There are countless examples. And it's all true.

(I have more... but I need sleep... NOW.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom