• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
None rn other than inactives but that's my game plan for the day.
Any thoughts on specific players?

Also cmon guys, didn't you read the rules? That's the first thing you should do is look for the lynch rules smh. There was literally an entire conversation about it between Eduarda and Pendio. (which I have some things to say about :bubsy: )

@Pendio since we need at least half of majority (so I'm guessing at least 5) votes on one person to get a lynch to happen, would you be willing to bandwagon on a lynch you disagree with?
(I think i just qft'd this just for proof that someone mentioned it)

You misunderstand what I meant. On day 1 (when I will most likely not have much of an opinion on anyone) I am fine with it. If I, however, have reason to trust the player who is getting lynched over other players, I will not lend a hand in it. Anyway, I imagine I will probably be willing to agree to help out lyachting most of the time. I just wanted to make it very clear that I am not guaranteed to definitely join a bandwagon only to lynch.
So @Pendio, did you trust Dekunut more than other players? How come you didn't lend a hepling hand?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Says to me that there was no action. My immediate suspicion is Jamie since he's been very inactive as a whole lately, but one person doesn't make a scum team. It's odd (and honestly annoying) that mafia would stay still.

Good point. It seems like possible inactivity to me as well.

You don't have to answer or acknowledge this but I wonder if it has something to do with your school. It's just a theory though, there's not much substan

Not sure if it's just my school tbh. It could be that someone else has similar abilities but I think school may affect it too. If there's a need to explain more in the future then I will. For now, I'll just keep it to myself.

Vote: Dekunut

Why don't we try again? :bubsy: I mean there's got to be a reason why people didn't jump on his lynch to help out the town. And it's not like people were unaware of the half majority rule, I'm pretty sure I remember people talking about it. So why didn't people help lynch Dekunut?

Honestly I missed some stuff the past couple of days that the game was active because I'd been on medication and I couldn't concentrate on much of anything, let alone the game, so that's my fault. That being said, I'm willing to go for Deku, provided he can't make a case that I like. I'll read back through and give some more thoughts.

Also, you mentioned Jamie but you voted Del:unu:t. Is that because you'd like to see Jamie post first before changing your vote?

A thought also: since votes have to be half the majority to lynch, what are the opinions on pressure votes? Do they count as much early on in this game when there are only 1 or 2 to apply pressure?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Also, you mentioned Jamie but you voted Del:unu:t. Is that because you'd like to see Jamie post first before changing your vote?
More like Jamie is a very weak suspicion compared to the fact that Dekunut failed to get lynched yesterday. My only thing against Jamie is lack of posts + lack of evidence of a mafia kill. Correlation =/= correlation. There's actual evidence (and use) in lynching Dekunut since he actually has some posts to look through, plus I think there may be a mafia-related reason as to why he wasn't lynched yesterday.

A thought also: since votes have to be half the majority to lynch, what are the opinions on pressure votes? Do they count as much early on in this game when there are only 1 or 2 to apply pressure?
I think you might be misunderstanding the rules, it's not that half a majority makes a hammer, rather that at the end of the day you can't lynch someone with, say, only 2 votes. Hammer is still regular majority.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@LittleGumball wjen I get home from work I'm gonna ISO Eduarda (she was looking interesting at the end of yesterday) but nothing strong as of yet. I'll probably look through a few more people as well, but I'll decide on them as I read.

Pen

The game is on!
So @Pendio, did you trust Dekunut more than other players? How come you didn't lend a hepling hand?

I apologize for that. I was unaware that the day would end as soon as it did. It was my bad and I am sorry. To answer your question: no, I do not trust DN more than anybody else at the moment (nor did I yesterday), so to right my mistake on the length of the day I would be happy to assist in the lynching of DN now. I will at least place a vote on him, and then we will see if I keep it through the whole day. At the very least I think something good will come from his death, possibly even a dead Mafioso.

Vote: DekuNut

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
More like Jamie is a very weak suspicion compared to the fact that Dekunut failed to get lynched yesterday. My only thing against Jamie is lack of posts + lack of evidence of a mafia kill. Correlation =/= correlation. There's actual evidence (and use) in lynching Dekunut since he actually has some posts to look through, plus I think there may be a mafia-related reason as to why he wasn't lynched yesterday.

Alright, thank you for clarifying.

I think you might be misunderstanding the rules, it's not that half a majority makes a hammer, rather that at the end of the day you can't lynch someone with, say, only 2 votes. Hammer is still regular majority.

No, I understood that. What I meant was since it needs half the majority to count for a lynch at all, do pressure votes hold as much weight.

So does anyone else find it hard to believe that Mafia doesn't have a night kill? I guess they could be saving up there Peeps. Or pips or whatever they are called. But like Gumball said, it could be due to inactivity.

It looks like everyone is going for a Dekunut vote, but why? Is it just to get info or is there legit suspicion?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey guys. I'm replacing RegalBryant in this game. I've been out of town the past few days, so I haven't gotten the chance to read yet, but I'm gonna read everything soon and I'll make a post hopefully tomorrow.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
No, I understood that. What I meant was since it needs half the majority to count for a lynch at all, do pressure votes hold as much weight.
I think I misunderstood you

this is all 1 big mess in my hed

anyway i still think pressure votes are certainly valid in this game. I don't think they hold any less importance.

It looks like everyone is going for a Dekunut vote, but why? Is it just to get info or is there legit suspicion?
Well if you would actually read posts, you'd know that at least one person (me) has a legitimate suspicion :P Along with that Pendio just now explained the reasoning for his vote. If you like you can go back to day 1 and read @kokirion and @Eduarda 's reasonings for voting :)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Vote Tally

DekuNut (3) - LittleGumball, Shroom, Pendio

No votes cast: Tristan, Jamie, Doc, Frozen Chosen, Ver-go-a-go-go, Libk, Justac00lguy, Johnny Sooshi, DekuNut, kokirion, Eduarda, Mido, Timeless, Sadia

Day 2 will end on Sunday, August 14th, 2016 at 9 PM MST. With 17 players alive, 9 is majority. 5 votes are required to lynch.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok I think I'm caught up now. Though it wasn't nearly as hard as catching up in SSB Mafia, lolol.

So I'm Guessing Mafia don't have a proper NK. That would seem imbalanced as **** though, like it would take 3 nights to kill one player if it was HP based. I thought it would be like Jamie's game where their kill would equate to a specific damage total close to everyone's HP meaning either an instant KO or close enough. It just seems odd, maybe Mafia have to get a certain number of Pips to make a kill. Literally that's the only thing I can think.

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree with the Deku lynch. Plus we shouldn't waste a day focusing on one player, it gives us nothing else to work off. I'll b back with more later.

Mido

Version 1
I'm still discerning the odds and ends of the recent night scene, so I don't have too much to say on that. I will note that if the mafia made a move on Johnny (which would make it seem that their traditional kill is not present unless they withheld it for undisclosed reasons), he would not have been a bad target for the mafia. Similar to what I've noted about Doc, I think Johnny's made some good game observations, albeit less to do with setup and more with what he's said about players thus far. Not a true game changer in terms of what his alignment is, but in light of the damage taken (still up in the air due to unfamiliar setup) as well, I have a preliminary good feeling about Johnny's play this game.

As for DekuNut, I've stated my concerns about him the previous day. The main hesitance restricting my move towards him is that his active voting moves fit his style for the most part, even if the timing and circumstance of the moves in this game are suspect. On that note, I'd like to throw out this question again:

If I may ask, who do you think he was trying to protect? I never got that vibe from his vote personally. In the meantime, I'll try to catch onto your perspective here.

I directed this toward Eduarda since she noted that she thought Deku's move to kokirion seemed as if he was trying to protect someone? Did anyone else get this vibe? If so, how come? This note could shed some light on Deku's vote pattern.

Moving right along, I'm not sure if I like Shroom's latest posts:

@Johnny Sooshi I agree about lynching, we need to stay at least semi-active and get lynches through, it's town's best tool against mafia and to get the game moving. If we all have to get on board for some lynches, Mafia will have a bit of advantage.

His agreement with Johnny highlights a valuable truth in the game of mafia, but it seems like a no-brainer point. While still important to note given the fact that the lynch did not go through, going along with a point as fundamental as this one seems sort of redundant. I get a sense of filler in this post, even if the agreement is probably genuine.

@LittleGumball I was actually unaware of the rule... umu. If people talked about it, I missed it, or I just assumed it was similar to other games.

Anyways, to get the ball rolling,

Vote: Dekunut

His vote makes sense given his previous post, but beyond that, the vote tinges of bandwagon fun! :D It's not truly an indication of a certain lean, but I suppose it all depends on how DekuNut flips. I should note that I am not against the lynch, but I have small reservations in my own line of thinking that lead me to hold my vote for now. Also, I still have a few questions like above.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
There's no rush, the day ends on the 14th, so we have plenty of time to reach at least 5 total voters on any wagon. This is not a lynch that I would press like I would if it was later in the game and I was sure of my suspicions.

(however if it was, say, the end of the day phase, I would certainly press people to join the lynch just so we can actually have a lynch. just to clear that up so no one wastes posts asking me silly questions :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom