• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker 3D: Should They Make It?

Beeker

Wild Card
I see no reason whatsoever to see Wind Waker remade. Despite it's age, it still looks amazing. I don't even see a reason to port it. Maybe to the WiiU, but I'm still not too sure about that.

While it would be nice to get ports and remakes of older games, I don't think to do a ton of them is necessary. Maybe one, like OoT, but not every other game. Even if done by another developer, I think it would still take away some resources that could affect a new game.
Besides, I think it's nice to see new games and new ideas. To see the series grow in different directions. I guess you could say that this year is an exception though. With the 25th anniversary, some of the focus does seem to look at the past. But I would like to look to the future and seeing brand new concepts, theories, and adventures.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
As cool as it would be to have WW in 3D and portable, I say no. They couldn't do much with the graphics, if anything at all, so they'd only be able to redo controls and make the graphics 3D. In my opinion, it's not really worth it. Don't get my wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of WW, but it's just too soon to make such a remake. Although if they do decide to do a remake, they'll probably put it as some kind of UWare on the WiiU.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Well, I think it would just be a waste. Wind Waker is a great game that doesn't need a remake. I would be happy though if we were given a true sequel to WW.(I'm sorry, I don't like PH or ST that much.)

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
I absolutely think it should be made, but perhaps be put at a lower priority than Majora's Mask 3D, or maybe the original Zelda.

Nah, leave The wind waker remake for the Wii-U's predecessor, it's too soon to remake a gamecube title for the 3DS.

The major reason that they remade Ocarina of Time 3D was because this year is the franchise's 25[sup]th[/sup] anniversary.

No, It was made because of popular demand, Eiji Aonuma confirmed that. Because it was going to be Zelda's 25th this year, Nintendo decided to pushed back the release date of the 3DS and Ocarina of Time 3D.

Last edited:
Games on the VC are remakes. They require the same amount of work and make the company money by selling them.
No...no they're not. Remakes has stuff added to a game, ports just bring the game to a different console. And ports probobaly require less work than remakes because in ports, you only have to re-map the controls. With a remake, you have to do that and more

They will sooner or later. Probably in 2012 or 2013. I know this because Pokemon games are always remade 10 years after they get launched, so Wind Waker is no different probably. They just need to wait a very long time so the game feels revived, and it just seems right to do it once the years reach double digits.

Yes, but that's Pokemon. Little bit different with Zelda.

As for Wind Waker, no. I can't see any reason why they would want to, or any reason I would want it.

The Gamecube for one, is still a very new console, I myself compare it to basically the same thing as the Wii. As far as I'm aware, no Gamecube titles (or important ones, at least) have been remade or even re-released. That being said, it basically shoots down seeing the Wind Waker again anytime soon.

Along with that, I wouldn't notice a difference in the two, to be honest. Wind Waker's graphics don't need updating; except for a possible higher quality to them, which I'm relatively certain the 3DS can't output. They still look beautiful and stunning for an 8 year old game.

And even that, the Wind Waker is already basically in 3D, or at least the same 3D OoT is now in. The point I see in the 3DS is upgrading older 2D games to 3D, or creating entirely new ones. There would really be no point in putting Wind Waker on there, even if the 3DS could magically run that ginormous game.

And on and on and on.....

So, no.

Wow. Calm down with the speculated remakes. Oot 3D is released, then all of a sudden every game needs to be remade. I could see MM3D happening, but I don't really support it.
As for a Wind Waker remake, no. Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite Zelda game, and one of my favorite games of all time, but it does NOT need to be remade. I'd be all for a port onto the Wii U, but a remake is unnecessary, especially if it were to be on the 3DS. I don't want a remake, I don't think there will be a remake, and I wouldn't buy a remake if it were on the 3DS.

While I'm personally hoping for a Majora's Mask remake, I'll admit that I don't think remaking the game for the 3DS is necessary. On that same note, I feel that a remake of Wind Waker is similarly not needed. It would be awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's more recent and I don't think the 3DS would add all that much content aside from the obvious 3D.

I think a Majora's Mask remake would be cool because I can see the game's already surreal, unique atmosphere benefiting from the use of 3D. Plus, Ocarina of Time 3D looks fantastic, there's not all that many games out for the system, and considering it would be more simple to re-utilize the OoT 3D game engine to remake Mm for the 3DS then it would to remake Wind Waker, I can see it happening more easily. It could be released without an extensive development period and it would sell.

In conclusion, a remake would be cool, but I could honestly go either way.

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
Windwaker is my favorite game, but as much as I would love to see a remake, it's really not needed. It might be on the WiiU as others have said, but not the 3DS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TWW in all respects doesn't need a remake. It is one of the more modern games, and is good the way it is for now. No insane flaws within the game that would warrant a remake anyway. OoT got a remake, in my opinion, because of the 25th anniversary as well as the game being way outdated (it's a 32MB game, talking OoT64, but it still makes insanely high scores) in graphics and somewhat physics wise. TWW doesn't suffer as much due to it being on GameCube, having somewhat good physics and clearly great graphics though they definitely aren't "of this time". Would a Wind Waker remake be awesome? Probably! Is it necessary? In my opinion not really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom