• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will You Use a Guide?

Will you use a Guide for Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zarom

The King
No, I never look for walkthroughs or guides, unless I've already beaten the game once. I try to complete everything I can on my first playthrough, getting very close to 100% sometimes, but then if I want to discover secrets or things I didn't do in my first game, I do them the second time I play through the game. I just think it ruins the fun when you don't do something on your own. But when you succeed something particularly hard, you feel proud of yourself. I remember being stuck for hours once in a couple of games, and I never gave up. I'm like that, I can't help it. I'm very patient too, so that may helps, because I know some people get frustrated quickly if they fail, but I'm glad I'm not like that. Anyway, I tend to like it when there is a lot of challenge in video games. The more something is complicated or difficult, the greater you feel when you accomplish it. :)

ikilltoonlink

ಠ_ಠ mr. Observant
yes I will but ill try not too! you cant really say until you've demoed it... but most likely I will (I'm not that good of a zelda player XD unless its Oot)

Unlike some of the member's on here are going to use a Guide to help them while playing Skyward Sword, I am one of those many people who will NOT use a Guide. A guide is just like another way of a cheat. I never used a guide before that help's me throughout the gameplay. I only use a guide to find Heart Piece's or whatever speical item you can get. I prefer to challenge my brain than using a book or what a computer say's. :)

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I tend to give in to guides A LOT, and it makes me very mad because there is no sense of self-accomplishment. But this time, I am not going to use a guide at all on this game. Ever. Besides, it's going to take ZD a while to come out with their guide anyway, so the only guide you would be able to use is an official 'print' guide.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm not sure actually. I know for sure I'll end up using one eventually, but I think I'll try to do as much as I can without one. Which probably won't be much.

C

chrisco

I found it helpful to use the guide when I got really stuck on my first Zelda game because I'm new to gaming. I've used it much less on my second game and find the forums helpful with advice that's got me over a difficulty I couldn't solve.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I remember when I first played Ocarina of Time I couldn't find Sun's Song so I went here to Zelda Dungeon and I was like "How was I supposed to find THAT???" So yeah. And one of my friends is a Zelda BEAST and she's helped me a LOT. I've learned a lot.

I try not to use guides when I'm going through my first time playing. If there's a time where I just can't figure something out, then I'll turn to the guide. However, I will use guides when it comes to Pieces of Hearts and any other kind of collectible there are in the game.

I haven't used a guide since probably 2001. Oh, wait I did use a guide for Adventure of Link on the last dungeon just because I was sick of dying and starting back at the beginning. Besides that, I really like getting stuck in my games for long periods of time, even though that hasn't happened in a decade. I will probably beat SS in under a week without a guide, so using a guide would shorten the game even more, which would really suck.
But I used the guide a lot when I was younger playing Majora's Mask. I STILL couldn't figure stuff out. I guess its because I was nine. Sometimes I wish I didn't get so good at Zelda games when I was younger. Half the fun is the challenge.

Most-likely, my answer will be no. When I have a guide, I am tempted to read ahead, and then I'll get tangled in all of these spoilers which will somewhat ruin the game experience for me. If by any chance I end up using one, I'll first try to get through the main plot of the game by myself, then check the guidebook for any missed quests and extras in order for me to have a 100%-completion. If I don't first try to complete the game on my own, it doesn't feel to me that I was playing the game myself, but instead playing for some back-seat gamer telling me what to do. If I get stuck, I may refer to one, but other than that, I really don't think I have use for one.

I'm supprised that few people would pick a guide. I guess its either their prefernce, money or etc. But I will use a guide when the game is released.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I am going to try as hard as I can not to use a guide. If I get REALLY stuck, I'll probably check one for a few hints, but my goal for this game is to really try to not use one. I usually do, but SS is going to be different. I want to be able to be proud of myself for finishing it without a guide.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Nope, I always refrain from "guides" whether it be a strategy guide or the "Super Guide" feature Nintendo has been putting in games.

The challenge is always what gets me when it comes to video games, especially one with puzzling game play such as Zelda (although they have become increasingly easy since my completion of Majora's Mask :/...) If I can't do it ill probably just grit my teeth and take a break for a while, then come back to it :D it always seems to work out the second time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom