• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will You Use a Guide?

Will you use a Guide for Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Hell no. I played every game without the aid of a guide if I could help it first. I want to be surprised and not know what is ahead in the game when I first play it, so I swore not to use internet videos, walkthroughs, and everything until I have beaten it. And I will be watching every cutscene.

Ultimately, no, I won't use a guide. Save one exception. I've been wandering around a dungeon for over two hours, with absolutley no idea what to do. Before I use a guide, I want to exhaust every other resource at my disposal. But my second playthrough WILL be 100%, so I'll probably use a guide then.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
i'll admit it i need the guides i wouldn't be able to finish without them. back in '09 when i got tp i sat looking at the tv screen stumped for 6 hours. the next day i bought the guide. but i only use it when i'm stuck. and i mean really stuck. i tell my family if you are going to buy me a game get the guide because i stink at video games. but i hate using them because i feel like it's cheating. and i hate cheating! also what's bad about the guides is some times you become addicted to reading them while playing. you have to check every two seconds to see if your doing it right. that's when it's time to put it away.

Exactly what happens to me. I'll have the guide pulled up on the web, promise myself I'll only use it if I get REALLY stuck, when I do, I keep reading it to keep on the right track.

I'll go in as far as possible with no guide, but I'll probably break down around the 2nd or 3rd dungeon.

Kybyrian

New puzzle schemes, you say? That makes a guide an absolute no-no! When there's new ideas afoot and genuine experiences to be had why would you use a guide to spoil the fun of figuring out how things work? I'm not completely against the use of guides, but I do find that it takes the fun out somewhat. This is especially true when the game contains something brand new. Guides spoil stuff for you, that's no doubt. They're still a lot of fun with guides, but I like to figure out things by myself.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
With every zelda game I've ever played, I say to myself beforehand "I will not use a guide! I'm gonna use my head, and find a way through this!" But everytime, when I get stuck, I decide it's time for some help. So no, I'm not planning on using a guide. But will I?

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
It is usually more fun playing the game without a guide, at least the first time. But then again, it may be fun at first but if you get stuck somewhere and have absolutely no idea how to, and you keep trying but you can't, it might be a bit more frustrating than fun. So I guess I won't, but if something like that happens, I don't want to get super angry at the game and not play for a while. Besides later I might want to play it COMPLETELY so I will need a guide for that. I say yes AND no.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I never use guides unless I'm on a puzzle for more than a few hours, depending on the difficulty, like the statue puzzle before the Master Sword in Twilight Princess, that stuff usually requires a guide or a lot of thinking.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'll definitely try not to use a guide. It is a lot more satisfying playing through a game without using a guide. I think from all the Zelda logic I have picked up from playing past games should pay off and I should be able to figure SS out on my own by using other games as a base point. I am not sure about exactly how SS is going to work yet, but each Zelda game (pretty much) has some sort of pattern which leads to your next action. I suppose with the side quests I might need a little nudge in the right direction because I am not so good at finding all the heart pieces in a game without any assistance whatsoever. Basically I will play through SS to the best of my ability without a guide and unless I get extremely stuck, I shall try not to refer to any type of walkthrough.

Ganondork

goo
My one constant blunder in Zelda is not noticing the side-quests right in front of me. Because of this, I think it's almost certain I'll use the guide, but try to ignore the actual walkthrough just so I feel better about how I did overall in the game (lord knows that feeling was taken from me in OoT and MM).

I'll probably consult a guide for one or two moments in the game, like TP.

I mean, I quit playing video games for a while as consoles and handhelds are expensive. So when I started getting some really good paychecks at my job, I went ahead and picked up a Wii, and got back into Zelda. But regardless, I'm just not that good at video games anymore. I mean, I'm fine with boss battles and all that good stuff. But there's a lot of moments in Zelda games (especially Majora's Mask) where I'm just like "I have no clue what to do next." And when I see in the guide I'm like "How the hell was I supposed to figure that out?" Especially in the first NES Zelda. "And if we go to this completely random tree in this section of Hyrule that has absolutely nothing but a bunch of other trees, then burn it, we have our next dungeon!"

A

Anna

No guide unless really outraged, to be honest. I will however think of buying it later on when it is out for a while.

I managed to beat OoTMQ without a guide, so I'm hoping that SS--while still being a challenge--won't be hard enough to beat without a guide. Besides, I want to beat it before a guide is available so I'm not tempted.

KickingGeese

I blame Dinkleberg.
I don't think I will. There was so much hype put into this game and I'm to excited to, but if I get really stuck I might use it. But that's only if I really just can't get past something. I like the "Aha" moment I get from solving stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom