• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii remakes?

Remakes?

• I like remakes! old game, modern console. great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bleh...its better playing on the original consoles.

• I don't really mind.

• Total voters
I'm all up for a remake. Resident Evil was remade for the GC, and was the only reason I wanted a GC to begin with. As far as ports go, well I really don't get into those too much. An example: They released the remade Resident Evil for GC on the Wii in Japan. There was nothing special added, just a basic port. Now they are doing it in America. I can say honestly that I won't pick this game up. Its a waste of money, plastic to make a game box, and CDs. I like my Virtual Console, although they release more crap than gold for it.

I don't care a whole lot, but I think I'd rather they not do this.

Most games I just don't think would translate over too well. I mean, it would work okay, but I think they could produce games that work better with the Wii controls if they just made new ones. Especially with Wii Motion Plus.

That's not to say that remakes would be bad, but I'd prefer newer games in general, with perhaps a few exceptions.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Wii remakes are good because if you haven't played Ocarina of Time before you can just download it for 1000 wii points if you really wanted it rather than buying a gamecube version or the N64 cartridge. I also like how they remade Okami for the Wii because it was originally on the PS2 and I could not have gotten it otherwise.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Remakes aren't so bad. Some games are very deserving of them, such as Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Resident Evil 0 & 1.

As for the virtual console? I love it. Why? Because now my older systems can be put on display like I want them to be, and I can play the games on one system. Fantastic! On top of that, it provides a chance for the younger generation of gamers to experience the magic of of older games. Now older gamers such as myself can discuss gaming with the younger kids and actually be able to have a knowledgeable discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom