• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Not Ganondorf?

Pikacondon

Title.
About the Ganon and Ganondorf thing, I think they're the same person, Ganondorf just switches between his 2 forms, as seen in TP. And about Ganondorf returning for SS, i'm for it and against it. Ganondorf is a cool, epic, awesome character, and I can bear with seeing him again in any of his forms. but Ganon sorta doesn't fit with SS's art style, and with a "Dark tribe" in SS, A new villain, or a return of Majora or Vaati is quite possible. I can't decide if I want to see Ganon or not.

Kybyrian

Really, I can't see why everyone is saying that Ganondorf is overused so they don't want him as the main villain. Hes only appeared in three games (mentioned in alttp and fsa, but he didn't appear). That's the same amount as Vaati and no one says that he's overused! Ganondorf is different in all of his games too. In OoT, he's just some ruthless wannabe usurper king who eventually takes over. In WW he's a (fat) man with a dark personality who has obviously gone insane from being locked away for a long period of time (with chips?) and is intent on bringing what was for a short time his kingdom back into the known world, and in TP he's a cold shell of a man, hiding behind some awesome guy with a fish helmet who would've made a much better main villain, but it had been 4 years since his last appearance and Nintendo needed to keep their copyright, who is bent on his revenge, bringing what was once his kingdom down with him. Those don't even really sound like the same person (to me) and he has only appeared these three times. How is that overusing him? Even Vaati keeps the same character. A pointless flying blob of... something... with no personality other than cruelty. BORING!

When people talk about Ganondorf, they are usually referring to Ganon overall, whether he appears in strictly beast form or not. If you count all of the games he appeared in as Ganon only, then he has appeared 9 times. As you can see, Ganon/dorf has appeared in the majority of Zelda games, which is why people believe he is overused. Wherever there is Ganondorf, there is almost certainly going to be his beast form, Ganon. Ganondorf is also typically referred to as Ganon regardless of not being in his beast form, such as in The Wind Waker. Many people refer to him as Ganon even though he never had an occurrence of his beast form throughout the entire game. People just don't want to see Ganon/dorf altogether so much because he is overused. Ganondorf is associated with Ganon, therefore he has appeared in far more games than your comparison, Vaati.

I happen to agree with the majority of people, as well. Ganon/dorf is being overused, regardless of being a good villain. I'd prefer that they didn't reuse Ganon/dorf so much, but rather gave a good villain with some more background to him. As it stands, Ganon/dorf is one of the few villains we've seen that works well. Vaati was pretty good, and Zant, though he was, disappointingly, not the main villain, was also a very good villain. Other villains such as Malladus and the like were horrible, in my opinion; so if they do decide to discard Ganon/dorf in Skyward Sword, then let's just hope they can replace him with a decent villain.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
I know they have got to have Ganondorf in there, or some boss like him (humanoid) mainly because SS will be Wii-Motion Plus oriented, you gotta have a sword-fight in there somewhere. Anyway, if they do make a new boss, I hope it won't be some pathetic Ganon take-off
(cough cough
Malladus.jpg
)
Anyway, whatever final boss they do decide to use it will barely effect the game-play at all, so I'll be excited Ganon or not. It would make sense to not have him though, because Link just learned about him in OoT. Then again SS Link could be Link's dad or something. Either way, what I'm trying to get at is Nintendo can make it work with or without Ganon/dorf and we'll just have to accept it as it is.

I agree, I dont think ganondorf is overused, and would love to see him in skyward sword. but seeing as skyward sword is supposedly the first game in the timeline, he woudnt be in it anyway, because we first learn of him in oot, which happens after skyward sword and minish cap. however, we might see an ancestor of him or him in his beast form, ganon, and that would be cool as well!

O

Ogami Itto

Why do people keep dwelling on this game being before OOT.

There is more than one Ganon. There may very well be a Ganon prior to the one in OOT.

ganon is ganondorf to me.
ganon is just short for ganondorf.

he has been in loz,oot,lttp,ww.

have not played any of the oracle zelda games or minish cap,4 swords,and tp hardly at all.
so i do not know if he is in these ones.

David

But you called me here...
Why do people keep dwelling on this game being before OOT.

There is more than one Ganon. There may very well be a Ganon prior to the one in OOT.

There is NOT more than one Ganon. The Ganon in each game is the same one. He has been put in the sacred realm, twilight realm, and other places to seal him away so that he cannot harm anyone in Hyrule. The reason why everyone is so focused on the game being before OoT is because OoT reveals the origins of Ganon. Ganon was born by the greed and magic of Ganondorf and OoT tells us that he was born shortly before the game began. There cannot be multiple Ganons, it is illogical and impossible.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'd like to see ganondorf again, but I'd like to see Majora more. (What can I say? MM is my second fav zelda game.) True, HoM, all Ganons are the same. You'd think he'd be dead because of his major obesity or something...

O

Ogami Itto

There is NOT more than one Ganon.

No. Four Swords Adventures shows there is more than one Ganon what with the different backstory for said Ganon.

The Ganon in each game is the same one.

Never said anywhere. Deconfirmed in FSA.

He has been put in the sacred realm, twilight realm, and other places to seal him away so that he cannot harm anyone in Hyrule.

Okay.

The reason why everyone is so focused on the game being before OoT is because OoT reveals the origins of Ganon.

That particular Ganon. Since it's established that there are multiple Ganons it would be the origin of that particular Ganon. Who is killed in both WW and TP.

Ganon was born by the greed and magic of Ganondorf and OoT tells us that he was born shortly before the game began. There cannot be multiple Ganons, it is illogical and impossible.

Yeah well there is.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I'll mainly address my thoughts on the question of whether or not Ganondorf is an overused antagonist. I'd have to say no to that. I think Ganondorf still has a lot to offer as the Zelda series' main villain. Doing away with him obviously isn't a smart move by any means, but that doesn't mean he should be used on a whim of Nintendo without making his appearance actually worthwhile. I think the way Nintendo portrayed Ganondorf in Twilight Princess was great. However, as Axle and others have previously said, he was just thrown in at the last minute or something, when he really wasn't needed to make the game good. Zant's character was a little quirky at the end, but overall he was a pretty badass villain and fit the story very well. Ganondorf could have been a really good antagonist for TP as well, if the story was built around him as the main villain.

Let's face it, we're going to see good ol' Ganny again sooner or later, which I think is good, but whether or not he will be used well is questionable. And as others have said already, Ganondorf will most likely not be in Skyward Sword, seeing as it takes place much before his time. We may see a referance or foreshadowing of Ganondorf (which I think would actually be pretty cool if done right), but we can safely say he won't be our main bad guy.

I am a huge ganondorf/ganon fan and I wouldn't mind seeing him again but I really hope they don't introduce him the way they did in TP. As cool as he was in that game (you really see the beast inside him), his appearance undid all the coolness that Zant seemed to have. I mean Zant was really scary in the whole first part of the game and the Palace of Twilight (I think that is what is called) was really creepy with the atmosphere and the hands. However as soon as they revealed that Ganon was behind the whole thing I felt that they had to make Zant not as cool as Ganon. This resulted in a really bizarre fight with Zant that was fun but made Zant out to be a real strange insane Twili dressed in a metal hat. (Sigh) why not just make Zant the main bad guy...(in that game)

R

roflz567

gdhglrdghlrjdghiurldhgrdxygh;.rujghtuy;sodihg;si yhg;dtfklhj;gd

people say that ganon "wouldn't fit" according to the timeline, but i don't get why he wouldn't. think about it, if their are multiple links, why not multiple ganondorfs? some people say that there's only one ganondorf, but he's died about 5 times, so nobody can tell me that there's only 1 ganon. also, if people say "he didn't get the triforce until OoT, so he couldn't be in SS" wouldn't that go for link too? i mean, if ganondorf was only a regular thief until he got his piece of the triforce, then that would mean that link was only a normal kid until he got HIS piece of the triforce? there's no reason that ganon/ganondorf can't be in it if link is. also, some people say that "ganon needs a break or he won't be awesome anymore" let's all remember: it's been FOUR YEARS AND TWO GAMES WITHOUT GANONDORF. i think that's been enough of a break don't you?

personally, i hope he appears in this game. i think he's an awesome villain and he's a part of The Legend just like link is.

Djinn

and Tonic
I still do not think the problem is so much Ganondorf appearing too much. But the way he appears. FSA, the Oracles and Twilight Princess all had new and different villains starring but then Ganon appeared at the end taking away from the new villain characters.

So since this has happened more than once in past titles people believe that it might become the norm for future games. We get an interesting new villain with a different plan and agenda. But near the end Ganon shows up to be the real big bad Link must defeat. Now people are actually calling for a game without Ganon at all in fear of yet another sudden Ganon appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom