• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Why Doesn't the Guard...

Stop the robber from taking the bomb bag from the little old lady in North Clock Town that night? He's a guard, he's supposed to protect! Yet he just lets him run off, tsktsk.

Beeker

Wild Card
I never thought about it. All those guards do are guard the gates so that only prepared people can leave town.
Sigh...I guess the Hero just has to do ALL the work.:dry:

maybe Sakin was prepared to go to the field? I think those guards in those games are really blind. They can only see a few things. Like when you are in the pirates fortress, they aren't very assertive to catch you at a distance.

W

wideyedwanderer

I wonder if those straight faced guards in Britain would stop a robber? I heard they're not supposed to leave their post.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think lazy guards is becoming a Zelda theme.
In TP they all run off when Telma says they will have to fight off monsters.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Yeah I always thought that to be kinda funny. Sakon steals the old lady's bag literally right in front of the guard, starts running around. Link shoots the bag with an arrow to make the said thief explode, then puts on a strange mask that transforms him into a Deku and tries to leave. The guard witnesses all of this, but the only thing he does is tells Link the outside is too dangerous for a kid, lol.

The Clock Town guards remind me of the guards at Swamp Castle in Monty Python & the Holy Grail. They're instructed to keep the prince in the room but don't bat an eyelash when he's writing a distress letter and firing it out the window with an arrow, simply because they're only instruction was to prevent him from leaving the room, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9StK1HIos

Skip to about 5:30 if you wanna see the part I'm talking about.

Last edited:
The way I see it, its not the guard's job. The guard stands there to keep small children of any race inside the safety of Clocktown. The reason Sakon was able to leave was merely because he was an adult; he didn't have to be prepared. You can leave Clocktown as a Goron or a Zora because they know how to fight and defend for themselves, much like Sakon probably. Dekus and small children can't, unless they are prepared. If you try to leave Clocktown as Link, the guards will still try to stop you until they notice the sword. When Deku, you can't leave whatsoever.

So, if the same scenario of Sakon stealing from the old lady happens, and the guard tries to stop him, a kid or a Deku could easily sneak out of Clocktown while all of that is going on. The guard would fail his job, and that wouldn't look so good for him.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
1) sakon bribed him
2) all guards are racist twords dekus and were too busy thinking how they will never let them pass and how much they hate them

I think lazy guards is becoming a Zelda theme.
In TP they all run off when Telma says they will have to fight off monsters.

lmao yeah. And they act cowardly when you go in as wolf Link, and run away when you do one of your attacks :')

Yeah I always thought that to be kinda funny. Sakon steals the old lady's bag literally right in front of the guard, starts running around. Link shoots the bag with an arrow to make the said thief explode, then puts on a strange mask that transforms him into a Deku and tries to leave. The guard witnesses all of this, but the only thing he does is tells Link the outside is too dangerous for a kid, lol.

The Clock Town guards remind me of the guards at Swamp Castle in Monty Python & the Holy Grail. They're instructed to keep the prince in the room but don't bat an eyelash when he's writing a distress letter and firing it out the window with an arrow, simply because they're only instruction was to prevent him from leaving the room, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9StK1HIos

Skip to about 5:30 if you wanna see the part I'm talking about.

Yeah lmao.
You can turn into any race you want infront of anyone in MM, but it's quite interesting they took that away in TP, and gave it more realism by not allowing you to simply transform into a wolf infront of anyone.

I wonder why they did that... just to make it more "realistic", or was there truly a gameplay motive?

And lmao, that's funny.
Never watched the show, but I always hear about it xD

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
lmao yeah. And they act cowardly when you go in as wolf Link, and run away when you do one of your attacks :')

View attachment 6410<-I had to share this screenshot. Left the room and came back to this. Look at them and their cowardlyness.>8D

But then again, having the guard only protect unarmed children makes a lot more sense. I don't see why they could protect from criminals. I'm sure they could at least alert another soldier(There must be more):hmm:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
But then again, having the guard only protect unarmed children makes a lot more sense. I don't see why they could protect from criminals. I'm sure they could at least alert another soldier(There must be more):hmm:

Also, the robbery happens at 12:30 in the morning .. I'm sure kids (except the Bomber Gang) are all in bed by then. Which brings up another question about the guards ..

Whenever you're playing Hide & Seek with the Bomber Gang, they can run into the exit area and go behind the guard, and he just stands there and lets them get past him but will block Deku Link if he tries to get back there to catch the the kid. Shouldn't the guard be blocking them as well since they're kids?

That'd also make it less of a headache trying to catch the little hellions. It's irritating when they go behind the guard and just stand there, and you can't do anything about it. When this happens to me it's usually one of the 2 in East Clock Town.

lmao, fun screeny :D

it'd be fun if they kind of keep that kind of theme to the soldiers for the rest of the games n_n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom