• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Does Everyone Hate COD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Byrne, I would tell you to go buy a book if you're looking for story, but I know story-enthusiasts don't like to have to READ every single page :lol:

CoD is a modernized game series, you should expect blood as well as violence. The violence in CoD I'd say amounts to the violence in Zelda; it's just that with Zelda the graphics don't look anywhere near realistic so it "gets away with" all the violence featured.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Byrne, I would tell you to go buy a book if you're looking for story, but I know story-enthusiasts don't like to have to READ every single page :lol:

CoD is a modernized game series, you should expect blood as well as violence. The violence in CoD I'd say amounts to the violence in Zelda; it's just that with Zelda the graphics don't look anywhere near realistic so it "gets away with" all the violence featured.

So I guess all books have amazing stories. Forget about TV, Movies, and Video Games. Only books can have great stories guys.

And yeah, I don't see what's the problem with blood and violence. It's a game about war, what are they going to do? Talk each other to death? I'd say almost every game is violent if not, all of them. As for blood, it adds realism, it's part of life. So Vanitas is correct on that part.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Because no matter what, the entire game is the same thing. The developers release different titles each year or so, but that's it. People all over the world line up for each "new" release, so hyped to play the "new" game. Why pay for something that's unoriginal if you already own one version?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So I guess all books have amazing stories. Forget about TV, Movies, and Video Games. Only books can have great stories guys.
Turo hit the nail on the head, then beat the nail THROUGH the wood. That's how awesome this quote is.

Because no matter what, the entire game is the same thing. The developers release different titles each year or so, but that's it. People all over the world line up for each "new" release, so hyped to play the "new" game. Why pay for something that's unoriginal if you already own one version?
Actually, we do get different killstreaks, different Prestige emblems, different guns, different graphics and slightly different sound FX with each new release. Also, the frame rate is slightly different for each game. I did not enjoy MW1 at all and neither did I enjoy MW2, but Black Ops was enjoyable oddly enough (Speaking solely about the gameplay).

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I prefer the IW CoD games of the Treyarch ones. IW just has a better feel.

But back on to the conversation. I'm actually part of the minority that actually plays the CoD campaigns. I love the Campaigns on MW1 and MW2. I wasn't so fond of Black Ops and I haven't/never finished them on MW3 and WaW. Are the campaigns the best in the world? No. Are they fun? Depends on the person you are. But I think they are.

About the co-op modes. I despise Zombies. I thinks it's overrated and am tired of hearing about it. I myself am a Spec Ops person and I just LOVE the new Survival mode. Some say it's just like Zombies. Not from what I've played.

And for people I know in real life. Some of my friends like CoD and play it all the time. It get's quite annoying with they criticize great game series like Zelda or Uncharted yet they play a LOT of CoD.

I love the series (Mainly the MW series) but I hate the people it attracts to its fan base. Most of them are ignorant, stupid and can only seem to swear uncontrollably at someone when they are mad.

I really like CoD, It's just a break from Zelda every once and a while. I mean zelda Is Awesome!!!! but after I beat the current one, I need to do some mindless shooting. I really lke the Spec ops, zombies is ok every now and then, but I prefer online with a friend. It's just fun every once and a while.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Well, despite the fact they can be fun to play, despite zombies and new weapons and maps... it's really the same thing with a new campaign and slightly better online. they're just not original. I love CoD, especially with friends, but they aren't exactly original.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Call of Duty is fairly overrated. Yes, it does have impressive graphics, I'll give Microsoft credit for that one. Aside from that, Call of Duty is centered around blowing up and killing things... and not much else. That's part of why its so popular- there isn't a lot of thinking required to play the game. People are naturally attracted to the idea of less work. I would assume most of the hate you're seeing is from Nintendo fan sites like this. If you go outside of these sites, my guess is that the majority of gamers would say they love CoD. Personally, I don't like the game because I can't tolerate gory images and it doesn't require a lot of thinking.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I At least where I live, Nintendo isn't seen in a very positive light while Call of Duty is the constant topic and source of entertainment.

This the exact what I was thinking when I read the surprising post. Literally, I've worn my ST shirt a few times and people are like "OMFG! Zelda!" And then I try to talk to them about it, and they're all like, idk crap about it, I just watched it on youtube. I only hear of "Dude. You should play me on CoD MW. I have a headset and an awesome squad." I swear. I don't think anyone I know "hates" CoD as much as "dislikes" it.

I honestly don't know much about Call of Duty... so I can't judge it too much.

However, one of the reasons I've always had a bit of contempt toward it is as stated above: It really doesn't seem worth all this attention. I'm actually surprised you think a lot of people hate Call of Duty, since it's the other way around in my experience. At least where I live, Nintendo isn't seen in a very positive light while Call of Duty is the constant topic and source of entertainment.
This is quite true. I hardly know but one person who doesn't play Call of Duty. I honestly don't like FPS games. They're fun once in a while, but not as often as being the reason for half the people I know's existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom