• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Do People Find the Shadow Temple Difficult?

MW7

I find for one of the last temples in the game it is a bit to easy. I have never found it difficult because it is very linear, quite short, and The enemies are easy and there is very few of them. Alot of people find Bongo Bongo to be one of, if not, the hardest boss in the game and I dissagree. By the time you get to him (excluding 3-heart challenge) you already have alot of health which makes for a boss who does only a fair amount of damage to be a bit of a push over. I am not saying the temple is bad or is the worst temple. Just abit too easy for my liking.

I am one of the people who would say the Shadow Temple is one the harder dungeons in OOT. However no dungeon in OOT is hard at all. I would not argue that the Shadow Temple is difficult. I would just say that of the easy and moderately challenging dungeons in the game that the Shadow Temple is one of the harder ones. I would definitely agree that the Shadow Temple should have been more difficult since it is so late in the game.

The reason that I think the Shadow Temple is one of the harder dungeons in OOT is because Bongo Bongo is the hardest boss in the game IMO. I've played through the game probably 20 times and the one and only boss that has ever given me trouble is Bongo Bongo. I think it has to do with the fact that you only have a small window of time to hit the other hand once you hit one of the hands. My problem occurs when the Z-target doesn't capture the other hand and by then it is too late to avoid the hand flying at you and you get hit. Granted I would only die if I was doing a 3-heart run but that doesn't change the fact that from my perspective Bongo is the hardest boss because no other boss usually even touches me.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
Well, what makes a dungeon hard is purely based on each individual player's perspective. Some people may find the Forest Temple hard, and some could do it with their eyes closed, while at the same time, those same two people could find the Water Temple very easy, and the Shadow Temple extremely difficult. Every person is individually skilled in different parts of the game in their own unique way, making the actually difficulty of the dungeons completely relative.

I myself didn't find the shadow temple hard so to speak, but on my first playthrough, I spent a long time in there, because I had NO idea you were supposed to shoot that tower thingy towards the end.... not sure if you guys know what I mean by that, but uhh, after you ride that boat across, and you jump down, I believe there's pillars on the other side, and you have to shoot the bombs at the foot of one to make it fall.

As for myself, I think the hardest temple is probably the Spirit Temple. I say this because none of the dungeons are necessarily difficult to me, but this one takes the longest for me to complete, and often confuses me towards the end, so I'd place it at the top of the difficulty ladder.

Back on the subject of difficulty however, I personally find the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask to be the hardest temple in any game in the entire series, but most people I know say the water temple is the most difficult. I however find that the Water Temple really isn't all too hard, it's just finding the last key that can be a little difficult. As for Dark Link, even on my first time through the game, I just whipped out my megaton hammer and annihilated him.

A

Altaria

I found Bongo Bongo the easiest boss in the game
If you run to the edge of the bongo stage, you barely bounce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom