• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Do People Find the Shadow Temple Difficult?

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
If there is already a thread like this I am sorry. But people on here think the Shadow Temple is hard. I don't understand why people think that. In my opinion it was the second easiest temple. So yeah can people explain why they thought it was hard for them?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I don't find it difficult at all. There aren't many extra rooms, it's very linear.

If there is already a thread like this I am sorry. But people on here think the Shadow Temple is hard. I don't understand why people think that. In my opinion it was the second easiest temple. So yeah can people explain why they thought it was hard for them?

What was the easiest one, then?

I didn't find the Shadow Temple Hard, I found it Scary! (This was when i was younger by the way =P)

I found the Shadow Temple on Master Quest Hard Because once you Began you kinda wonder what to do for like 15 minutes.

..I Didn't know people found it difficult. It's pretty easy. I'm not even scared by it, I'm not even sure what scares players so much.

David

But you called me here...
After playing Ocarina of Time for at least 10 years now, I can say with confidence that nothing strikes me as hard anymore, especially the Shadow Temple.

In my opinion, the Shadow Temple is of the easier side of the difficulty spectrum of the dungeons in Ocarina of Time. If you know what you're doing, you can blast through that temple amazingly fast and with relative ease. However, I can see how it can generate problems for people that haven't played it as much as someone like me has.

The fact that some of the enemies, and traps are invisible, can make it very difficult to get through the temple. Also, the Hover Boots, if not practiced enough, can be a real pain to get used to. Not too many people know the tricks to making them work right.

So, I agree with you that it isn't difficult, but I can see how it could be to some people.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
After playing Ocarina of Time for at least 10 years now, I can say with confidence that nothing strikes me as hard anymore, especially the Shadow Temple.

Pretty much this for me, with a small exception. I can beat Dark Link in about 20 seconds now. For the most part, the rest of the bosses I can beat without losing a heart. Gohma, the Lizalfos, King Dodongo, the Poes, Phantom Ganon, Flare Dancer, Volvagia, Dark Link, Morpha, Dead Hand and Twinrova, I can beat usually losing 0 hearts against each. Dark Link or King Dodongo take a heart sometimes. Dead Hand and the Lizalfos take one occasionally. Volvagia takes one if one of his rocks hit me from the ceiling. Ganondorf and Ganon are easy, but take a couple hearts from me usually. Last time they combined for I think 5.

The puzzles are easy now that I know what to do for all of them. I may have a brain fart where I can't remember what to do for a couple of seconds, but they are mostly easy.

The only hard part, I find to be Bongo Bongo, who consistently takes at least 6 hearts from me, and makes me lose at least one fairy half of the time. I've still only died fighting him once though. I think that time I figured I'd be cool without a fairy because I was too awesome.

So, everything outside of Bongo Bongo is a piece of cake for me.

Pen

The game is on!
Well, my very first time through the dungeon I did find it pretty challenging. However, I can't remember now what I thought was hard, because it was many years ago. Nowadays though, I have no problems at all whatsoever with the Shadow Temple, I just think it's a great dungeon in a great game!

Y

yodagizmo

I don't think it's hard at all, but I can see how it could intimidate some players and somewhat affect their gameplay, I guess. But other than that, it's actually my favorite temple in the game, even though Bongo Bongo is annoying as hell. -_-

One reason could be is that there are lots of hidden holes and its very dark as well.
Also you need the Lens of truth to see secret pathways,and also the hover boots.

But then again the reason people find Temples harder or easier is maybe some gamers are not as good at certain games as others.

amaterasu

Writer
i find it hard mainly because of the obscurity to it. i always miss a key, and it's rare that i can go through it without help from my mom. D :

Ice Sage

these are words
I never found it difficult, just scary on my first time through when I was young. The only thing I found bad was on one of my TVs it looked really dark and you couldn't tell where you were going well.

Conor

the over analysing guy
i find it hard mainly because of the obscurity to it. i always miss a key, and it's rare that i can go through it without help from my mom. D :
I always had this problem, regular and master quest, I'd always forget about some obscure room in the corner of the temple and end up searching for ages in every nook and cranny -.-, guess it wasn't as straightforward as I said previously, in retrospect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom