• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Who's the Mage?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Oh, wow... I didn't even see the glowing blue orb.

200px-Agitha.png
Hmm, why does that mage girl remind me of Agitha? Now that's not to say they're somehow related or anything.

How this girl:

screenshot2.jpg~original

Remind of you of this girl:

200px-Agitha.png

I don't see any similarities between the two. The mage girl has really light blue hair, Agitha has blonde (a complete opposition to blue), Agitha collects bugs, mage girl uses magic. I don't see how they are connected as they are a least a bit too different to be.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I was initially wholeheartedly saying that was post-corruption Cia, but now... Idunno, I think she COULD in fact be Cia's sister.

I thought it was for sure Cia, due to the love triangle between Link, Zelda, and Cia, and how those three are positioned on the image. But the point made where it would be a huge spoiler revealing Cia in her uncorrputed form got me thinking that it was her sister instead. Definitely related to her, though, considering the look of the magic she's using.

Fig

The Altruist
Considering how Cia is a main character in Hyrule Warriors in terms of plot, I wouldn't be surprised that this mage is in fact Cia in some form. While others have stated that it could pre-evil Cia that this mage could potentially be, I personally believe that this is more likely post-evil Cia. Considering that this mage is in the box art for Hyrule Warriors, I'm positive that she's going to be a playable character without a shadow of a doubt. Though the mage could not be Cia, I think it is simply because of the many similarities between the box art and backstory screenshot not to mention just how similar the mage and Cia are to some degree.

As for the possibility that the mage is Navi, I don't think that's the case considering that when anew objective or information is displayed on the screen you get to here the famous "Hey! Listen!" dialogue that we all know and love, though the pitch and tone of Navi's voice has been altered and I personally enjoy Navi's soundbite now than in Ocarina of Time. If you listen carefully to this video, you can hear Navi's near voice and will speak for Link on his behalf when Link meets up with other characters for him.
[video=youtube;vfxSWImRPb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfxSWImRPb4[/video]

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
As for the possibility that the mage is Navi, I don't think that's the case considering that when anew objective or information is displayed on the screen you get to here the famous "Hey! Listen!" dialogue that we all know and love, though the pitch and tone of Navi's voice has been altered and I personally enjoy Navi's soundbite now than in Ocarina of Time. If you listen carefully to this video, you can hear Navi's near voice and will speak for Link on his behalf when Link meets up with other characters for him.
That fairy is simply called "Fairy". (Sometimes it appears in a text dialog just like when other characters are talking to you.)

Okay, so this game is based on the Dynasty Warriors mold or whatever, so it likely has less emphasis on plot development. But knowing this, it kind of bothers me that the mage could potentially be Cia in some form. It irks me because it comes off as REALLY, REALLY obvious. Such a revelation could wind up ruining what little plot this game may have. Now, this wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game (or a lack thereof)—hack n' slash is good enough for me—but it seems like an overbearingly low quality, overused plot device.

Didn't see this post:
How this girl:

screenshot2.jpg~original

Remind of you of this girl:

200px-Agitha.png
I dunno. Artist's perspective?

I don't see any similarities between the two. The mage girl has really light blue hair, Agitha has blonde (a complete opposition to blue), Agitha collects bugs, mage girl uses magic. I don't see how they are connected as they are a least a bit too different to be.

Er, that's great that you don't see any similarities? I neither meant to say that I sensed a connection, nor did I suggest one (I blatantly put that in my post). I just said that the mage girl reminds me of Agitha. Her soft facial features and similar eye color are what stood out and made me think of Agitha. Now, if you're suggesting that you thought I meant that the mage girl could actually be Agitha...then uuuuummm...no. No. Agitha's plot importance in Twilight Princess was as significant as a blade of grass in Hyrule Field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is bothering me about the whole idea that this Mage character is Cia of some kind. After looking at what we know about Hyrule Warriors, I'm more certain that this Mage isn't Cia. If this Mage character is indeed Cia, then why was she spotted fighting with Link in the very first trailer of Hyrule warriors? Cia is the cause of the war within the game and she is the one who commands the evil army. The battle we see in the first trailer most certainly happens after Cia's corruption, and this Mage character is seen fighting alongside Link. With that in mind, I don't really see how this Mage character and Cia can be one and the same, it just doesn't add up.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I want to say it's Nayru, but it seems strange to me to have Nayru but not Din or Farore in the same picture. Not that it couldn't be, but I am leaning toward a new character.

Lanayru. Hmm, maybe she is connected to the three goddesses. All that's left now is Elda(?) and Faroria(?). lol

She reminds me of Ty-Lee from The Last Airbender, for some reason. Maybe it's her outfit, or her hair, but...

b00b7f4763.png

263bec07d0.png

Seriously, Ty-Lee.

And, yeah... Like Tungsten said, the Lanayru thing. She might not actually be associated with him, but was probably named after him if that's the case. Though, considering she casts lightning magic, you can't hepl but wonder. Also, I'm kind of going to refute my earlier thoughts about her being connected to Cia based on her similarities in dress (especially the leg brace and feathers), because it just appears to be a fashion trend. Impa's outfit also sports feathers, so it's probably just the ladies of Hyrule being stylish.

She also resembles Ghanti from the A Link to the Past manga, in my onion. I'm hoping she'll have a similar personality.

Last edited:

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm starting to think Lana and Cia might be related by blood somehow, most likely sisters. They have some noticeable similarities in how they dress, pointed out in this thread plus it's been confirmed that the two have a history of some sort: "Lana and Cia have an unspoken hostility, even beyond the normal anger that war brings out. Lana is fiercely determined to put a halt to Cia’s plans, even at the cost of her own life or happiness."
Maybe Lana is angry at her (maybe) sister for what she's become, not knowing that she's been possessed by something. :hmm:

Aside from finding a potential link between Lana's name and Lanayru's name, which derives from the goddess Nayru, there's some other stuff I've been thinking about.

For one thing, the scans appear to showcase Lana using what appears to be barriers offensively, kind of like how the Metsu spell is used in Kekkaishi—for those of you who are familiar with the manga/anime. This got me to thinking. Nayru is regarded throughout the series as a sort of goddess of protection. She even has a spell dedicated to her in Ocarina of Time called Nayru's Love. Lana's 'barrier magic' also appears to have the same coloration as the aforesaid spell, but admittedly, this isn't too big of detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom