• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Who's the Mage?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
screenshot0.jpg

Who's that on the right? A new character? Nayru? Seres? Post-mind-control Cia?

Regardless, I'm maining her.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That would be a pre evil Cia.
The same orange feathers are present on the evil Cia, there are also things about both costumes that match up.

Plus, her hairstyle looks a lot like this mage character's hair and even kind of matches up with the depiction of her in the intro with the big bow in her hair and the large, flowy sleeves.

Except there is a inconsistently. Notice the fringe on her hair in the intro pic? If you compare it to the pic above, you'll notice that it flicks the other way. The intro pic is to the left (as you look at it), the box art pic is to the right. If it was the same character, the fringe would both face left if it was a pre-evil Cia.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
*Just in case I might be a bit off, I haven't really followed much of this game so far*

Anyway, I think it could be Cia, relating to one of the concept arts of her non-cursed self, but something seems to tell me otherwise. I mean look at the placing of her on the screen provided, she's shown off to the side of the two main figures, Link and Zelda. To me this screams side character. Surely, if this was the villain, even before she was evil, it would be more of a focal point. I'm not ruling it out though, but the placing makes me think this is a side character who we can play as - much like Impa and Midna.

So who else then? Well I'd have to echo what some others have said, it looks like Nayru. When I say Nayru, I'm referring to some of the older concept art images such as this. I'm not exactly sure though, it could be literally anyone, even a new character being introduced. It's hard to exactly say at this stage as, with this being a non-canon title, they can do anything.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Maybe it's a human Navi. That sounds interesting. On the matter of similarities to Cia, I believe that whatever character she is, she is Cia's sister.

'Other note, why the hay is Link the only dude on the box-art?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I still want to know who the heck this supposedly existing "Seren" character is. Can someone please tell me? Also, I still believe the mage girl is definitely Cia not possessed, I can tell due to her hair and that piece of attire that she wears on her hair to pull her hair up.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I still want to know who the heck this supposedly existing "Seren" character is.
I'm guessing he probably meant Seres, but I was confused at first as well, haha.

It's quite possible that it could be Cia. At first I didn't think she was, and then I became convinced, and now I'm somewhat doubting it. He hair is colored differently and longer. Despite that, I have no doubt that they're related in some way. The feathers on her head and similarities in their outfits definitely hint at some kind of connection. Locke mentioned on Skype yesterday that Impa has feathers, too, so maybe they're ALL related?

I don't think it's Nayru, though. I guess it could be, but they could have made her look a LOT more like Nayru if they really were going for that. Nayru's hair is longer and she doesn't wear purple. Plus, why would they only feature one of the three Oracles on the box art? What makes Nayru so much more special?

She's likely an all-new, original character designed especially for Hyrule Warriors. Perhaps she's this game's version of one of Seven Sages? I doubt that she's pre-corruption Cia, though. Revealing Cia's uncorrupted form like this—and this early, too—seems like a huge spoiler. I mean, doesn't that seem like a MAJOR plot point? Anyway, if not some original character, I'm leaning towards Nayru. Humanoid Navi would be neat, too, save for the 'out of left field' nature of that spell book.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I have a couple things to grant toward the Cia theory. First, keep in mind that images can easily be flipped (see Jinx from League of Legends - tattoos on the wrong arm). If you flip this image, the hairstyle actually matches up EXACTLY with Cia's. It's just the wrong color. But in that image someone else linked, pre-evil Cia has blue hair.

I think it's more likely that she's "post-evil" than "pre-evil". Why have a playable character turn evil partway through the game? Then you can't play her anymore? Also I assume Cia is evil from the start, in order to get the plot going. ('used to protect the triforce' is just backstory.) It makes much more sense to 'unlock' her by releasing her from the main villain so she returns to being good.

But there are many things telling me that it's not Cia. First, pre-evil Cia still wears that v-shaped hat. Second, their ...body types are slightly different, mostly in terms of scale, if you know what I mean. I'm willing to believe that this is Cia's younger sister.

@Nayru, what Heroine said. Why doesn't she resemble the oracle at all, and why no sign of Din and Farore? (Din had better be playable btw.)

@Navi, that's an interesting thought.

I'm willing to believe that this is Cia's younger sister.

I have a sneaking suspicion that such is the case. Either they're siblings, or they're closely related in some other way. I'm kind of hoping that there's no "Light/Dark" dynamic between them, though. That concept has become very trite over the years.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Is it the whole Navi comparison purely from the light blue orb that seems to be emitting from this unknown characters hand?

Is it the whole Navi comparison purely from the light blue orb that seems to be emitting from this unknown characters hand?

Oh, wow... I didn't even see the glowing blue orb.

200px-Agitha.png
Hmm, why does that mage girl remind me of Agitha? Now that's not to say they're somehow related or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom