• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would You Want to Play As?

If you could choose whitch character you got to play as in any zelda game, who would it be?

I personally would like to play as either sheik, TP beast gannon, or masked skull kid. What about you?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I'd Think I'd play as Zelda. I mean she can do spells and stuff I assume and that would be pretty awesome. Aside fom she probley would have to scrap her dress in favor of bombing some dodongos.

Either her or Midna would be pretty awesome with her warping and grabby hair type thing.

There's already a game where you can play as Zelda: Zelda's Adventure on CD-i!!!
Oops, sorry, I forgot we were not supposed to ever speak of those games...

I think it would be cool to play as Sheik

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'd probably be simple and play as Link. He's one of my favorite video game heroes after all, mostly because of his courageous attributes and popularity with the locals and most people he meets. Ah, the life of a hero...

Hanyou

didn't build that
Link. He's the good guy, and when properly characterized (though characterization is always sparse) he's badass. The Hero of Winds is by far my favorite, but the Hero of Time is a close runner-up. Conjure up a Link like that, with a bit more depth, and I'll be even more interested; however, I don't think there are many other Zelda characters I respect enough to actually want to play as them.

Although...I actually liked Kafei quite a bit. He was another determined hero character, but had a bit more depth than Link. I wouldn't mind playing as him, though I have no idea how they'd work a game around him. Komali's a character I actually can see being the star of the game. Once he matured, he was a much better character.

I don't really like villains so...I don't see the appeal of playing as them, especially since it would be hard to do anything heroic. And if they did work in heroic deeds, it would eliminate the point of them being villains, which would diminish the heros' accomplishments. People seem to fantasize about playing as villains, but why would anyone want to be evil?

Because the Triforce of Courage gives you no obvious ability.

Isn't that one of the better things about Link? I really hate the anime cliche of characters with over-the-top attacks; it works in some JRPGs, but I always liked the fact that Link, though some kind of "chosen one," really seems just like a regular guy who gradually builds his strength. I would think it's much less interesting to play as someone with godlike powers, because hero's journey stories are generally much more compelling and human. Then again, over-the-top powers are the type of things that have turned me off to the Star Wars prequels, DBZ, etc. so maybe I just don't have the temperament to appreciate those types of characters.

Oddly enough, Okami made playing as a goddess very compelling, but I doubt "destroying worlds" with reckless abandon would even approach the grace and beauty of a title like Okami.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Link would always be the top Person on my list as characters I would choose. But the thought of playing as Zelda/Sheika and Ganondorf gives my spine a tingle of excitement. Until then, I'll have to compensate with Smash Bros.

There's already a game where you can play as Zelda: Zelda's Adventure on CD-i!!!
Oops, sorry, I forgot we were not supposed to ever speak of those games...
GASP! You said the forbidden phrase. Even people who don't like AoL agree that it's not as bad as THAT game.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Fierce Deity, why well he's a demigod and has a really nasty temper reminds me of me technically.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well Vaati(He's awesome and minish)who wants to act bad for once like Vaati. Well I have two and Ganon well Ganon is so awesome as Vaati they are my top top bosses I like well for Link,gosh we used him in every single game but take out that Cdi game with him that sucks. Well I want to be them so bad but I would chose Midna for her awesome powers but I don't like her as Ido but Ganon and Vaait for sure

H

Hylian

I'd like to play as Link.....

....WITH THE MASTER FORCE.

FFS. You spend all game trying to get the damn thing, and then when you DO finally beat down all the bad guys, you never get to play the game WITH the thing in your possession.

IMO a zelda game that has a quest to beat down the bad guys....THEN receive the Master Force, THEN make a wish whether evil or good.... THEN see what effect it has on the world, and maybe interact with it, Righting the wrongs, bring some good guys back to life, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom