• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
He's got the same number of bottles as almost everyone else, and the fight conditions state masks are at a minimum, so I think that rules out transformation masks. The Bunny Hood would probably be valid, though, and if his swordsmanship were to somehow improve in a sequel/interquel of some sort, it's be a deadly combo.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
OoT/MM Link would stand a chance, due to his skillful fighting and such in MM. However, were it OoT Link fighting he would have no chance, by MM he has suddenly become more powerful, AND CAN FLIP!

Honestly? WW Link? Like I stated earlier, WW/PH Link is so physically weak he gets dizzy from either the great spin attack or from rolling 3 times?! TP Link can roll throughout the entire massive TP Hyrule feild without batting an eye lid. Also, I completely disagree, if there is one Link that feels invincible, it is TP Link. He has so any different sword skills, and as someone mentioned earlier, his 'Mortal Draw' is practically un-blockable. WW Link to me felt fairly bog standard, his only advantage was that he knew when people would attack him and he could dodge, but I don't think any Link is as stupid as a Moblin and would simply watch him flip over their heads. Besides, while he'e flipping through the air *Bomb arrow* bye bye WW Link :D.

One thing I would like to point out, is MC's power bracelets. Effectively, if there is a tree-stump nearby, he can shrink, and lift anything that he could normally lift, and none of the other Links would be able to see him! All the Link's would suddenly go flying through the air as Minish-sized MC Link picked them up by their feet and threw them through the air. Don't forget MC Link can also split into four, and has the longest ever great-spin attack AND is the only other contender for most sword skills other than TP Link. Imagine this aswell, you almost kill him, get him down to one heart, and PERIL BEAM! Also, he'd be planting his remote bombs all over the place and setting them off whenever someone went near.

Also, I've had to re-consider something I said earlier. I said LoZ/AoL Link would have a shout due to the fact that he is quite primal and brutish. However, I play both LoZ and AoL today, and realised that in these games, Link feels very... venerable. He dies more frequently in these games then any others, I know he faces lots of harder enemies, but AoL Link in particular, has a small life metre and can stand alot less hits then other Link's. So I no longer think he has a chance, and I'm going to award MC Link 2nd place.

Last edited:
L

Lonewolf92

ok. think about this. this might have already been posted but... *Minish Link walks in* *all other Links say in unison: "He is SO cute! We can't hurt him!"* *Other Link's give him the donut* *Minish Link walks away grinning with a sticky face*

BUT!!!
you also have to think of all that stuff OoX Link went through! He went through Veran, (i just restarted that game, that was one of the better one's) and that other boss's name that i forget... i might edit this when i figure it out, and than onmce he beat those two, not to mention thos insanely hard temples, he had to fight gannon/gannondorf, than, in turn, marry the Maku tree! OMFG i mean really!

*=movement/motion

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarom

The King
He's got the same number of bottles as almost everyone else, and the fight conditions state masks are at a minimum, so I think that rules out transformation masks. The Bunny Hood would probably be valid, though, and if his swordsmanship were to somehow improve in a sequel/interquel of some sort, it's be a deadly combo.

It is not true. Young Link in OOT & MM has more bottles than all the others Links! He has 4 in OOT + 6 in MM, so a total of 10 bottles! With them, he could carry like 10 Blue Potions so he would die! He could also have Chateau Romani to replenish all his magic. :bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle: :bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle:

ALSO, he has the most powerful sword of all: The Great Fairy's Sword! (Well, that is what it is said in the game when the Great Fairy of Kindness in Ikana Village gives it to you.)

And on top of that, he has the Fierce Deity Mask! I mean, come on, the other Links don't have a single chance...

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
It is not true. Young Link in OOT & MM has more bottles than all the others Links! He has 4 in OOT + 6 in MM, so a total of 10 bottles! With them, he could carry like 10 Blue Potions so he would die! He could also have Chateau Romani to replenish all his magic. :bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle: :bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle::bottle:

I'd say he has 6 bottles. Reason being that the ones he has in OoT he no longer has in MM, so jus the MM masks would count.

ALSO, he has the most powerful sword of all: The Great Fairy's Sword! (Well, that is what it is said in the game when the Great Fairy of Kindness in Ikana Village gives it to you.)

You don't know this is the 'most powerful sword of all,' it has never been compared to the Biggoron sword or the four sword so really, we don't know. I'd say the most powerful sword of all is probably AoL's sword when fully upgraded, or the Four sword as it gives you the ability to split into four or the Biggoron sword due to its weight and range and the amount of damage it does to Ganondorf. It's impossible to tell which is the most powerful.

And on top of that, he has the Fierce Deity Mask! I mean, come on, the other Links don't have a single chance...

If you had read the first post you would have seen that transformation masks aren't allowed. Therefore, no Fierce Diety Mask.

Zarom

The King
I'd say he has 6 bottles. Reason being that the ones he has in OoT he no longer has in MM, so jus the MM masks would count.

Yeah, but take makes a total of six bottles! That is great if he has six blue potions

You don't know this is the 'most powerful sword of all,' it has never been compared to the Biggoron sword or the four sword so really, we don't know. I'd say the most powerful sword of all is probably AoL's sword when fully upgraded, or the Four sword as it gives you the ability to split into four or the Biggoron sword due to its weight and range and the amount of damage it does to Ganondorf. It's impossible to tell which is the most powerful.

Actually, the Great Fairy state that. Not me. And in comparison, to be honest, I think it's the same as the Biggoron's Sword, I tested it on some ennemies that appeared in both games. :sword:

Example: The redeads takes two hits to die in OOT with the Biggoron's Sword. In MM, with the Great Fairy's Sword, they take two hits as well.

If you had read the first post you would have seen that transformation masks aren't allowed. Therefore, no Fierce Diety Mask.

Yeah. I've read it. But why should they not been allowed? And who he is to actually say that? I mean, I could write myself that the Hidden Skills are from now on, forbidden too. :lol:

SORRY IF IT SEEM WEIRD BUT THE MULTI QUOTE DIDN'T WORK.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Yeah. I've read it. But why should they not been allowed? And who he is to actually say that? I mean, I could write myself that the Hidden Skills are from now on, forbidden too. :lol:

Shadsie is the one to say that... the one that made the thread... The transformation masks are not allowed as they give MM an unfair advantage, and with them, no other Link has basically any chance. That would therefore make a very boring discussion. So, the transformation masks were banned from the competition to allow for an actual debate where people have different opinions.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Back by request...

Among all the different Links/versions of Link in all the different Zelda games that have been created and have been played by the general public so far... who would win in a big nasty all out duel?

Here is the situation: The Links are not a single soul reincarnated, but are seperate entities. OoT Adult Link is seperate from his OoT/MM Young self. The stage is neutral. The Four Sword Links count as "one Link" on the poll, but are able to seperate/be a group. Transformations (animal or mask) are to be kept to a minimum (UNLESS you are able to explain just how wearing the Fierce Diety mask WOULD NOT make Young Link invincible/utterly devestating). Magic and Items are allowed. No murders - this is like Super Smash Bros. in that no matter how lethal an attack should be realisitically, it's not going to kill - the Links are just able to lay the hurt on each other, maybe "faint" each other as in Pokemon.

They are fighting for a very important prize: The last donut. The last donut in the world. Everyone is hungry for victory.

So, who do you think would win and why?

I didn't say completely unallowed, just kept to a minimum, mostly because I think the FD would give Young Link an unfair advantage.

(He's going to be using it in my silly painting, though).

Zarom

The King
But without the transformations masks in MM, young Link is a little disavantaged, since he can't used them anytime. :(

...Anyway, after seeing all your opinions, I would say that Link in AOL could have a great chance of winning, because like angelkid said, his sword can be upgraded up to level 8. :sword:

But I still think that young Link in OOT/MM would be the best.
Another of my reason is because he's been trough a lot and he is one of the most experienced Link of all. (He did SO much things...) :cool:

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Honestly? WW Link? Like I stated earlier, WW/PH Link is so physically weak he gets dizzy from either the great spin attack or from rolling 3 times?! TP Link can roll throughout the entire massive TP Hyrule feild without batting an eye lid. Also, I completely disagree, if there is one Link that feels invincible, it is TP Link. He has so any different sword skills, and as someone mentioned earlier, his 'Mortal Draw' is practically un-blockable. WW Link to me felt fairly bog standard, his only advantage was that he knew when people would attack him and he could dodge, but I don't think any Link is as stupid as a Moblin and would simply watch him flip over their heads. Besides, while he'e flipping through the air *Bomb arrow* bye bye WW Link .

The 3-roll thing is from PH, which was technically an alternate universe dream thing, so I don't consider it much of an issue. The Hurricane Spin leaves him dizzy, but no other Links are actually flying around the islands at those kinds of speeds- would you be able to execute Hurricane Spin at all, much less do it without getting so exhausted you can't move at all?
Mortal Draw doesn't work on bosses, and again it leaves him vulnerable, so it's more of a situational thing, that like many of the Links' uber weapons would be unlikely to deal OHKOs or even do much more than a few hearts of damage. TP Link certainly has a myriad of Hidden Skills, but other than the jump strike none of them seem too useful in a melee. He's just not as agile as WW Link without the Back Slice and Helm Splitter, and his normal blows have a smaller arc.
WW Link is definitely not physically frail- his sword is plenty powerful enough to rip through the game's enemies, and again he's jumping and dealing consecutive 540 spin attacks even in his basic attack combos. He also wields the Skull Hammer and has Power Bracelets to shore up other physical weaknesses.

My main point is that WW Link is likely to do very well and come out ahead in the inital round of combat, which would likely see some of the weaker Links (OoT Adult, LttP, MC, OoX, maybe MM depending on masks) fall. His swordsmanship style is geared toward that type of melee, and because of this he'll likely come out of the first round with only a few scratches.
On the other hand, TP Link is amazingly powerful in duels, and could likely easily combat the other Links in single or even double combat. However, he'd have to be fighting very defensively to come out strong in the second round, since many of his skills (Ending Blow, Mortal Draw, Jump Strike) leave him vulnerable. As such, it all depends on his aggro in the first round. If he comes out battered by a reckless offensive, even with his skills he'll likely be too weak to take many more hits, making his riskier moves harder to use.

In short, it's really comes down to TP and WW Link, plus the few who survive the initial fight (likely Loz/AoL, MM, and Four Swords, depending on FS man count). TP Link would easily win the last moments, but his options would be really limited if he loses too much health early on. WW Link is agile enough to survive easily in the first round, so nutshell? TP wins if he comes out strong, WW wins if TP Link is too weak.

(BTW, Shadsie, what's the story with potions and fairies? What kind of healing can we assume here, and how should magic armors and such factor in?)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Don't forget that WW Link has the Skull Hammer, which is an awesome pancake-maker! :) (I'm just putting it in the master painting because I like it, not because I think it's much of a factor). I already voted, anyway.

Potions, Fairies and Magic Armors are fine. WW Link had better have some of Grandma's soup and TP Link had better be rich if they're gonna use the magic armor, though!

Maybe AoL Link could turn into a fairy and just float above this whole mess until he's ready to take out the last one standing one on one?

The possibilities are endless. :D

Zarom

The King
Maybe AoL Link could turn into a fairy and just float above this whole mess until he's ready to take out the last one standing one on one?

I don't think so. Unless the area change during the fight. Because when he does his fairy magic power, he has to leave the area to transform back into his form.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
But without the transformations masks in MM, young Link is a little disavantaged, since he can't used them anytime. :(

Young link would not be at a disadvantage, he would be equal to the others, giving him the transformation masks would give him an unfair advantage.

Another of my reason is because he's been trough a lot and he is one of the most experienced Link of all. (He did SO much things...) :cool:

He's certainly not one of the toughest lol. Infact I'd say he was physically the weakest Link of all time. He needs damn bracelets to lift up bombs! No other Link has ever had problems with lifting up a bomb.

The 3-roll thing is from PH, which was technically an alternate universe dream thing, so I don't consider it much of an issue. The Hurricane Spin leaves him dizzy, but no other Links are actually flying around the islands at those kinds of speeds

Actually, MC Link has the great spin attack which I think when fully upgraded lasts longer then the hurricane spin, and he doesn't get dizzy.

Don't forget that WW Link has the Skull Hammer, which is an awesome pancake-maker! :) (I'm just putting it in the master painting because I like it, not because I think it's much of a factor). I already voted, anyway.

Potions, Fairies and Magic Armors are fine. WW Link had better have some of Grandma's soup and TP Link had better be rich if they're gonna use the magic armor, though!

The possibilities are endless. :D

Yes, but then again OoT Adult Link has the Metagon hammer, and TP Link has the Ball and Chain which is effectively, a more powerful, long ranged hammer. If TP Link used the Ball and Chain at all I think the other Links would stand no chance in the initial round. In the freeforall where everyone is killing everyone. I think in this round the Links would rely almost completely on strength and primal, brutal ability. The ability to take hits. So, therefore I think the weaker Links would be knocked out here (OoT young Link, OoT Adult Link, WW/PH Link, OoX Link ETC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom