• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Author?

I have to say, I like R.A. Salvatore a lot. I don't like all of his books, and admittedly, I only read his newer books for Entreri or Jarlaxle. But I like the author as a person, and I like how he communicates with his fans. I also like Stephen King, too, although he's more of a varied author and not quite "fantasy."

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I have to say, I like R.A. Salvatore a lot. I don't like all of his books, and admittedly, I only read his newer books for Entreri or Jarlaxle. But I like the author as a person, and I like how he communicates with his fans. I also like Stephen King, too, although he's more of a varied author and not quite "fantasy."

Yeah, R.A. Salvatore is a great person. He is so nice to his fans; in fact, he once came to my city for a book signing and Q&A session, and I got an autographed copy of "Neverwinter". He took the time to speak with everyone of us in line. He's also really funny lol.

I really like most of his books. I've read all of the Legend of Drizzt saga and I love it. One of the best fantasy epics of all time, imo. And I also like Stephen King. He is more of a horror/mystery kind of writer, but his Dark Tower series is considered fantasy. I've yet to read it, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I love reading work from RA Salvatore, I have many of his books as collection. And of course I love Tolkien's work as well.

My favorite Fantasy authors:

> J.R.R. Tolkien- How can you NOT enjoy this amazing man's books? They're all beautifully written and have amazing plots. My father and I will definitely be going to see the new Hobbit movie when it comes out.
> J.K. Rowling- I love the Harry Potter series, and have all the book, plus a couple of spin-off ones.
> Christopher Paolini- The Inheritance Cycle is amazing. I saw the movie Eragon, and decided to try the books. Instantly fell in love with it.
> Richad A. Knaak- The most books I've read from him are the ones he was commissioned by Blizzard to write for their World of Warcraft game. I have his Dragonrealm anthology book, and plan to read that. I really like his work, they are all amazing books.
> Christie Golden- Like Richard, the only books I've read from Christie are her WoW books, but they are all fantastic. I really enjoyed her book, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. She is coming out with a new WoW book called Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War. It looks very promising.
> Sara Douglass- This amazingly brilliant woman wrote the Wayfarer Redemption series. If you want an incredible fantasy story, you HAVE to read The Wayfarer Redemption series, PERIOD. It has an amazing storyline and fantastic characters who will make you either love them or hate them, and there PLENTY of twists. You will NOT be disappointed with these books. She other novel series out as well, but I've never looked at them, but you should consider looking at those as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom