• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Author?

I don't read fantasy books but I am just going to throw a name out there.

D.J. Machale - he is the creator of Are you Afraid of the Dark. Since then he has become and author, mostly books for teens I am pretty sure but from what he told me, anyone can enjoy his books. I suggest some of you guys that like to read fantasy check him out. Let me know if any of you already have. Thanks.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Jerry B. Jenkins is one of my personal favorite writers (he made the Wormling series). I also loved Brain Jacques' work, but I'm not sure if Redwall counts exactly as Fantasy.

Oh, and I also liked C.S Lewis and his work, Narnia is probably one of the most memorable works ever in existence :).

R

RelentlessMuse

R. Scott Bakker - His Prince of Nothing series is absolutely amazing. It's really heavy on world building and reads like a philosophy text at times, but those are things I really like.

Patrick Rothfuss - Despite major plot-holes, I really did enjoy The Name of the Wind, and I have Wise Man's Fear on my bookshelf, ready to be read.

Anne Lyle - She's a new author, with only one book out right now, but I'm finding myself completely lost in The Alchemist of Souls. I can't wait for her next book to come out.

and...

George R.R. Martin - of course. He's local, so he's usually at all the conventions here and is really nice and encouraging to other writers. Plus, his writing is great. I'm working my way through the A Song of Ice and Fire series slowly but surely. I've got signed copies. <3

JRR Tolkien
JK Rowling
Terry Pratchett

The only thing about JK Rowling is she's leaving the world of fantasy behind her to work on her adult novel which is a crime novel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom