• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Best Friend on ZD?

Dan

Treebeard sums up my list of friends:

Speaking my mind seems to have a negative effect on my friendships. But I consider it no great loss. Someone who would prefer to be lied to with false platitudes than be told the honest truth really isn't friend material.

I still care about the woods :(

@misskitten is my answer.

Others I have gotten on well with on the forums (even if we share opposing views at times, but I still respect those views) are:

@Triforce King
@Lozjam
@Malon
@A Link In Time
@Farore's Chosen
@Frozen Chosen
@Vanessa28
@VikzeLink
@AncientPoe

I do think highly of a few others views here too but I hust have not had much coversation with them, that's all.

Some of the people I really like are

@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Beauts
@Dan
@Deus
@Jamie
@Soul
@Terminus
@DARK MASTER
@TheRockinStallion
@the8thark

Idk if all of them see me as a friend, but I would be glad to call them mine.
Thank you very much. Likewise, I would consider you a friend . . . but I don't know you all that well. If I knew you more I think I would totally consider you a friend :) .

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
lol The last time I posted in here, I was a bit of a dick and just posted that I'd find a BFF and then posted an advertisement of it or something. But if I could actually make a sincere post in here, I'd like to do that now:

So the term "best friend" is actually one I take pretty seriously when it comes down to it in that if I ever end up calling someone a best friend, then chances are they will have my unbending loyalty, mama-bear-like protection and unconditional love as a result. The thing is to get to that point where I love someone that deeply, it will either take a while, or a significant event that changes everything for us. People whom I care for like this are rare, but they exist, and I treasure them dearly and always will.

That said, I'm not exactly the most active person here and I've not made a lot of connections in regards to getting to know people--I don't say that bitterly like woe-is-me lol, because honestly now, I get that some people have just been here longer or have put in the effort and time to get to know this community, so I would expect their outcome to be a million times greater than what I have currently. And that's okay! That's how communities work and I'm quite content to enjoy seeing that around me as I kinda flit from thread to thread, contributing wherever my current fancy takes me.

I would, however, like to point out some people that I very much enjoy seeing around these parts and have interacted with on occasion here, and so would list them as the closest I have currently to acquaintances or possible budding friendships. Some may not even be acquaintances lmao in that it's really just me admiring their posts, but who gives a ****, I'll list it anyway.

I have spoken to @Deus a bit on my wall and, while truth be told I'm not the best at maintaining conversations, he's put himself forward more than once to get to know me, and I think that says a fair bit about him as a person (and prob some about me and my severely lacking social skills haha) in a good way! And I appreciate that effort.

@Vanessa28 is... well, the best word I can think of is -wise-. There's a wisdom/understanding to her posts that speaks volumes of life experience, or I think so anyway, and I think it's well worth noting. She's also always had a kind word for me whenever we've interacted through post, and kindness I often think is a quality that is not often appreciated enough.

@Dan is a ****ing boss and his dedication to this community is off the charts; literally one of my fave things to come across on a forum are the people who are proactive in keeping it alive; I think Dan is this, all jokes and bi-curiosity aside lol. I also dig his sense of humour a -lot-. Further, I've seen him Like a few of my more dick-ish/lulzier posts, so that says to me he gets my sense of terribad humour, which is either a good or bad thing depending who you ask lol, and I think had I the chance to interact with him a bit more we'd prob have a good lulzy convo.

@Tristan is cool. From what little chances I've had to interact with him, he comes off as kind/understanding (:

There are a few others whose posts I enjoy reading, but haven't really spoken to them, not even through post haha but just saying there's a fair few others though it might be a bit odd to list those names (if listing the above names, with what little I've had to go on, wasn't odd enough already? lol?)

Forgive me if any of the reasoning seems flimsy haha. I am looking to try and get more involved with this community, though I'm unsure where exactly to start, but that's alright with me; I'll muddle my way through and figure it out, while making posts like this where I basically have a tattoo on my forehead that says LOOKING TO INVEST IN FRIENDSHIPS WITH SUBSTANCE PLS SEND HALP lmao.

xo

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
@Malia , from what I've seen from your posts, you seem to be a very fun and open person. You're always in for fun and can be very serious as well. You're very open. At least you appear that way in my opinion. We don't talk that much though but I like it when you're around. And I think you're a person I would get along with very well :)

Dan

lol The last time I posted in here, I was a bit of a **** and just posted that I'd find a BFF and then posted an advertisement of it or something. But if I could actually make a sincere post in here, I'd like to do that now:

So the term "best friend" is actually one I take pretty seriously when it comes down to it in that if I ever end up calling someone a best friend, then chances are they will have my unbending loyalty, mama-bear-like protection and unconditional love as a result. The thing is to get to that point where I love someone that deeply, it will either take a while, or a significant event that changes everything for us. People whom I care for like this are rare, but they exist, and I treasure them dearly and always will.

That said, I'm not exactly the most active person here and I've not made a lot of connections in regards to getting to know people--I don't say that bitterly like woe-is-me lol, because honestly now, I get that some people have just been here longer or have put in the effort and time to get to know this community, so I would expect their outcome to be a million times greater than what I have currently. And that's okay! That's how communities work and I'm quite content to enjoy seeing that around me as I kinda flit from thread to thread, contributing wherever my current fancy takes me.

I would, however, like to point out some people that I very much enjoy seeing around these parts and have interacted with on occasion here, and so would list them as the closest I have currently to acquaintances or possible budding friendships. Some may not even be acquaintances lmao in that it's really just me admiring their posts, but who gives a ****, I'll list it anyway.

I have spoken to @Deus a bit on my wall and, while truth be told I'm not the best at maintaining conversations, he's put himself forward more than once to get to know me, and I think that says a fair bit about him as a person (and prob some about me and my severely lacking social skills haha) in a good way! And I appreciate that effort.

@Vanessa28 is... well, the best word I can think of is -wise-. There's a wisdom/understanding to her posts that speaks volumes of life experience, or I think so anyway, and I think it's well worth noting. She's also always had a kind word for me whenever we've interacted through post, and kindness I often think is a quality that is not often appreciated enough.

@Dan is a ****ing boss and his dedication to this community is off the charts; literally one of my fave things to come across on a forum are the people who are proactive in keeping it alive; I think Dan is this, all jokes and bi-curiosity aside lol. I also dig his sense of humour a -lot-. Further, I've seen him Like a few of my more ****-ish/lulzier posts, so that says to me he gets my sense of terribad humour, which is either a good or bad thing depending who you ask lol, and I think had I the chance to interact with him a bit more we'd prob have a good lulzy convo.

@Tristan is cool. From what little chances I've had to interact with him, he comes off as kind/understanding (:

There are a few others whose posts I enjoy reading, but haven't really spoken to them, not even through post haha but just saying there's a fair few others though it might be a bit odd to list those names (if listing the above names, with what little I've had to go on, wasn't odd enough already? lol?)

Forgive me if any of the reasoning seems flimsy haha. I am looking to try and get more involved with this community, though I'm unsure where exactly to start, but that's alright with me; I'll muddle my way through and figure it out, while making posts like this where I basically have a tattoo on my forehead that says LOOKING TO INVEST IN FRIENDSHIPS WITH SUBSTANCE PLS SEND HALP lmao.

xo

Thanks pal, it's always rainbows and tea to me when you pop onto ZD every once and a while. I really want that mama-bear perk though, could come in handy in the future.
Bubsy be with you Malia. :bubsy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom