• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Who is THE most annoying minion/boss/enemy in any Nintendo game ever?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I'll reference Nintendo IPs, even if the games are not Nintendo made.

In terms of being a ripoff from another game - Gohdan from Wind Waker wins this category.
Whoever from Nintendo designed this boss was so lasy that they just took Andross from Star Fox and reskinned it and put it in a Zelda game. If that's not what happened, it sure as hell feels like it. Most lazy design of any Zelda boss ever.

In terms of being hard? Hmmmmm.
Culex from Mario RPG is actually quite hard.
Andross from Star Fox Zero is also very hard and also not very fun at all.
Prime on hard mode from Metroid Prime really takes skill to beat.
Dark Samus at the end of Metroid Prime 2 need skilla and luck to beat.
K.Rool inside the volcano in Donkey Kong Country 3 is hard but not super hard. With some practiceit's doable.
K.Rool from Donkey Kong 64 needs perfect timing to beat. One screw up and the round resets which makes the entire battle impossible it beat. it's doable, just really hard. Also really annoying to lose right at the end and have to re-do all the other rounds over and over.
Shadow from Zelda 2 is very hard if you don't cheese the AI.
Majora's Mask from the same game has some challenge to it if you don't use the Fierce Deity Mask.

It's not the worst 3D Zelda game ever made. Well worth a play. It's not amazing, but it's also not garbage either.

if you’re gonna say gohdan you might as well lump in bongo bongo, the boss in the desert level of Mario 64, sigma from mega man x, and a few others. singling out gohdan specifically is a little unfair.

I know, I’m specifically surprised that Spirit is recommending SS. I too think it’s a good game, far better than TP anyway.

if you’re gonna say gohdan you might as well lump in bongo bongo, the boss in the desert level of Mario 64, sigma from mega man x, and a few others. singling out gohdan specifically is a little unfair.

I know, I’m specifically surprised that Spirit is recommending SS. I too think it’s a good game, far better than TP anyway.
Sigma from Megaman X is not the same thing at all. No comparison there.
Eyerok in Mario games is similar enough to be classified as a clone boss. It's in SM64, Mario Kart DS, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis Aces. Though the Odyssey version did add in a new mechanic though with punching it with it's own fists.
Bongo Bongo is different enough I guess. It's in the same style but also different enough not to be a clone boss.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Odyssey? Oh, right. That never occurred to me...

Poison! Not technically an enemy, but it can be very frustrating when it insta-kills you.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Iron Knuckles/Darknuts. The least frustrating ones are the ones in WW, and that's just because of the insanely good parry system. The TP and OoT/MM ones are just random hacking and shielding and hoping you get a lucky hit. And that's when there's just one.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
tumblr_mcnytvp2kz1qiidnro1_500.gif

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Those flying mushrooms that spit bombs in Link's Awakening. You know the ones. HOW THE HECK DO YOU KILL THEM?! Also the one eyed ghosts have an insane amount of health for a dead thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom