• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Who is Harder for You: Onox or Veran?

Who was harder: Onox or Veran?

• Onox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Veran

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Be warned, this thread may reveal ending details of the Oracle games.

Onox and Veran are the final bosses of Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages respectively. They are both considered very challenging bosses. So which one do you think is harder? I personally find Veran harder, maybe because she has more stages to her than Onox.

What are your opinions?

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Onox all the way. Veran was a pushover since it's mostly just a copy/paste of when you fought
possessed Nayru
. Onox had tough moves to dodge, they did a lot of damage, and he had a lot of HP (even with the Master Sword and the Red Ring).

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Onox all the way. Veran was a pushover since it's mostly just a copy/paste of when you fought
possessed Nayru
. Onox had tough moves to dodge, they did a lot of damage, and he had a lot of HP (even with the Master Sword and the Red Ring).

You never fought
possessed Nayru
in the final fight, but you do fight
possessed Queen Ambi
during the final fight, if that's what you mean. And that battle is just one third of the final fight. She still has her
"true form" and the various creatures form.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You never fought
possessed Nayru
in the final fight, but you do fight
possessed Queen Ambi
during the final fight, I'd that's what you mean. And that battle is just one third of the final fight. She still has her
"true form" and the various creatures form.

I thought it was obvious that it was a copy/paste job, IE it was just a palette swap of a boss you already fought.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I found Veran much more difficult than Onox. Mainly because she was less predictable than Onox due to her being able to change to another, random, form at the last part of the fight. Once you see Onox change, that's all there is to fight. Because of that, it just took me longer to learn how to react to her without dying than it took me to learn how to avoid Onox's attacks, since there were less to learn to react to. I also recall having more time between Onox's attacks than Veran's, though that may be a distorted memory.

Also, the more you play some games, the better you tend to get at it them. So since I'd played OoS after OoA perhaps that's part of the reason why I found Onox easier. I also had only the Noble Sword to fight Veran with, and the Master Sword to fight Onox with, so that likely had an effect.

B

Bernkastel

To be honest I really loved the battle with both Onox and eran, but Veran is inferior to Onox. ^.^

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Definitely Onox. I had such a hard time getting past that last form, it was just so frustrating for me. I played this as a kid and wasn't as good at games compared to now lol. Veran was difficult but Onox gave me a better run

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I find Onox harder because I always seem to not be able to dodge correctly on it compared to in Veran' battle where i can almost always anticipate her move in order to hit without being hit. I think it is kind of funny, at least to me, that I found Onox hard but OOS easy and vice versely Veran easy and OOA hard.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I've played both games before and after a password-upgrade.

I believe they are both about equal, but Veran maybe slightly harder without super-beef, and Onox maybe slightly harder with-super beef.
Pretty much because Veran's attacks seem to kill you slower, so if you have the best sword/rings/hearts/etc., you can disregard your own safety and brutally attack until you win, but if you try the same tactic on Onox you'll die. But if you're playing strategically (read: you don't have super-beef so you have to be careful) Onox is easier to defeat as, other's have said, Veran is less predictable.

Ganondork

goo
Veran. It was the dang bee form. That one slowed me down and then I'd get hit. Why couldn't she be like a regular bee? Just sting you and drop dead..

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Onox was easier to me.

Damage-wise, Onox would be the harder one. I recall his dragon form taking away around 2 or so hearts per hit, possibly more or less (memory is a bit foggy).
Tactics wise, Veran would be harder because you wouldn't know what to expect out of her different forms unless you paid attention to the previous fights. Onox was simply "spin attack" for his first form, "Roc's Cape onto claw and spin at his jewel" for the second form. Dodging his flame breath was quite simple.

I beat both with the Noble Sword, was only able to fight Onox with the Master Sword because I lost my OoA cartridge sometime ago. But using the MS is just for speedrun purposes.

I played Ages first and then Seasons, and found Veran's battle to be easy, even with her many forms and using no rings and the level 2 sword. Onox, to me, was the third most difficult boss of any Zelda game I'm played, after Link's Shadow and Thunderbird from the infamous Zelda II. I'm very surprised to see how many people thought the battle was easy. He has the more obvious weakspot and less forms, but he was still quite a challenge because of his stamina and powerful attacks. Although, again I didn't use any rings, I didn't want to bother to pay to have them appraised, so this might have made the battle harder.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
They are both quite difficult to defeat (and to master). But I had to vote for Onox, he took the most time for me (I tried him with the "Woden Sword" and that could affect my decision I guess).

The two are both great bosses, some of the best ever in the world of Zelda actually, but I must say that the fight against Veran is more interesting and also funnier I think! :)

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I chose Onox. Veran was ver easy for me and not a lot of trouble at all. Though for Onox, his first form is really easy but hid Dark Dragon form took me a lot of tries, even using the lv 3 sword with the red ring and a potion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom