• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Want As the Zelda U Villain?

Who do you want as the Zelda U villain?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
As much as I love the old villains, I just enjoy fighting new ones.
Me too Owly! I enjoy fighting the main villains but I always like to fight new ones. And I hope they will not repeat the Zant thing again. Just leave the Villain mysterious and don't make another "Ganondorf" twist like what happened in TP

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Ganondorf established himself as a premier villain in OoT. We've seen him twice in the years sense. With WWHD released, he's fresh on our minds. It's time he achieved villain-dominance once again.

B

Brothakal

It's been a while since we've seen Gannon/Ganondorf. I think they should bring him back for nostalgia's sake. I'd like to see a transformation in him as well like in OoT when you beat Ganondorf but he rises again as Gannon. I'd like to see this same basic idea remade but not a carbon-copy. I think it would be really neat.

So far, Ganon and a new villain are tied evenly with 27 votes each. If this is the way most Zelda fans feel, would it be a good idea for Nintendo to make a Zelda game that features both a new guy and Ganon? I think most fans are reluctant to try a servant-to-Ganon approach again ever since it turned out Zant was a pansy, but that only means Nintendo needs to try a different method. They could be working together as equals, against each other as enemies, or perhaps Ganon could even wind up subservient to him for some reason. It could make for some fresh, diversified Zelda stories. Anybody else have any thoughts on that?

And again, I must stress that I never expected this thread to get so popular. Think we can get to 100 votes to make it even?

I voted for Dark Link. But an even better idea would be Link's shadow is stolen and turns evil and Link has to fight it.
I don't see this as the whole game villain but more like Zelda 2 where as it's just one of the bosses, possibly the last boss. That's one thing I liked about Zelda 2. You had no idea what the last boss of the game would be. All you knew is it would not be Ganon. I think this frees up the game from an overhyped but poorly executed boss.

In short have a Zelda game where you do not know who the last boss is. If Nintendo want to really be innovative there is a lot from Zelda 2 that can be learnt.

Last edited:
W

Wisenheimer

Here's what I'm thinking. Why do we have to choose? I'm going to go ahead and be a bit specific, but I would like Gannon, Dark Link and a new villain all in one game. Gannon/Gannondorf can be the primary villain while a new villain is over him and secretly controlling him in some way. Dark Link can be a smaller villain in the game but be more than just a simple boss. That might be too much to ask though, so in that case my nostalgia will get the better of me and Gannon will take the cake, though I'd be perfectly fine with a new boss provided that he/she is really good.

A new villain that is not planning to revive some ancient demon. I want the new villain to be really menacing, like Zant seemed to be before fighting him at the Palace of Twilight. Or maybe some evil presence that is not seen before the final boss battle against it. :eek:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ganon. Yes, he made an appearance in A Link Between Worlds, but only as a puppet, since Yuga fused with him. He had no actual presence as a villain himself. That makes four games in a row where he hasn't been the main villain. I'd say that's enough of a break from the guy. We DID need a break, but... well, it's been taken. It's time for him to return in his full glory.

We DID need a break, but... well, it's been taken. It's time for him to return in his full glory.

Yeah, that's a good point. Back when Phantom Hourglass was announced, I'm sure it was pretty unanimous that Ganondorf needed to step aside for a little while. He was the final boss of most of the major games up until that point, and was quickly becoming the Bowser of the Zelda series, with pretty much everyone coming to expect him in the big games in some form or another. People were ready for a break, and we got a very long one.

PH had Bellum. ST had Malladus. SS had Ghirahim/Demise. I would also argue that Ganon's appearance in ALBW is the most minimal we've seen since OoX, so I place them in the same vein. Yuga is the primary antagonist of ALBW, unless some massive plot twist comes at the end of ALBW that turns everything on its head. I seriously doubt that though (haven't beaten it yet, but I'm over half-way finished).

It's time for another OoT/TP-esque appearance of Ganondorf, I think. Ideally I would love for it to be further on down the Child Timeline, with the same fantasy setting as opposed to whatever PH and ST were going for. Maybe he could be reincarnated in the same body, but hundreds of years down the line or something. I'm really not all that great with the timeline, but I don't think any contradictions would occur with that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganon. Yes, he made an appearance in A Link Between Worlds, but only as a puppet, since Yuga fused with him. He had no actual presence as a villain himself. That makes four games in a row where he hasn't been the main villain. I'd say that's enough of a break from the guy. We DID need a break, but... well, it's been taken. It's time for him to return in his full glory.

Agreed, it is time for The Dorf to make a comeback as the main villain. I just hope they can pull off something amazing with his presentation this time. SS was the first game in the series to take main character development to the next level. I hope to see even better in this game with the villain and of course the other main characters.

theory

I want a combination of two enemies,
one of them is Malladus, and maybe Ganondorf
something like in FSA with vaati and Ganondorf
but ganondorf is boring is so standard, in almost every zeldagame he
appears.

Hallo, I'm new here and somebody on ZD referred me to the
ZD forums, where I can put my theory, but I don't where I can put my
theory, because it doesn't fit on the forums...
Do you know a forum where I can put it on?

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've been thinking about this and usually I'd go with the cliché, well, obvious choice - Ganondorf. However, I've been thinking about the concept of a new villain and sometimes it can be hard to introduce a new villain and have it compete with the likes of Ganon and his legacy, but if done right I think it could breath new life into the series.

For one, a new villain doesn't have to rely on old staples in the series; it can take a different route, and I feel that's where we will have something fresh. Of course we've had a fair share of new villains being introduced, but they don't have that long term effect, nor do you ever feel like they're something more outside of that game. Take Zant and Ghirahim for example, both were great villains in their own ways, but outside of their respective games they're basically nothing. What if Nintendo were to create a new main villain and by "main" I'm talking long term as they will make several key appearances down the line. I guess one big problem is that it may be hard to just retcon in a new villain especially in the middle of certain eras we already know of in the Zelda timeline. So for this to be executed right, they'd have to find a spot to introduce said villain that isn't contradictory to the constraints of the timeline and so that it makes sense.

What traits should this new villain have then? Well it's hard for me to just create a new villain on the spot, that's Nintendo's job; however, I do have a few ideas in mind. First off I think they should break away from two current trends for: out of the ordinary villains and sub/main villains. It seems like a reoccurring theme now to have one borderline crazy villain serving a higher power. Make this villain distinctly the greatest threat. Also, break away from Ganondorf and his traits, what would be the point of making Ganondorf 2.0? I would love to see a young villain rising to power, maybe the heir to the throne of evil and one that is stronger than anything we've ever witnessed. This also allows for character growth. We can see this villain transform throughout the game from a careless, rather naive, power hungry man/woman to eventually becoming a more clever, more tactical villain - and maybe this villain will also go down the route of going absolutely mad with power, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom