• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Want As the Zelda U Villain?

Who do you want as the Zelda U villain?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Oh rats I'm so dumb! I picked "new villain" and didn't even see Dark Link til after I submitted D:

Although I see Dark Link more as the crony of the big bad, like how Girahim was to Demise. So the best combination would be a new bad guy with Dark Link as his dragon. As much as I love Ganondorf as a bad guy, I enjoyed Demise and Girahim so much that I look forward to a different villain. Besides, Ganon is kind of all but done, really. He's been soundly trounced in all three time lines. He's straight up dead in the the CT and AT, and in the DT he's very much sealed. If they keep bringing him back he's not going to be as cool a villain. So I don't mind if they have different bad guys for a while until they think of a really cool way to bring him back to the forefront.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
That was a really hard decision. Between Vaati and Dark Link. I would love to see Vaati as an adult Villain, unlike his MC counterpart. I dont know about a new villain again, SS was the last console game and we got one then, ganon was in the last game released, however you wouldnt hear me complain if Ganondorf was used. As for a past One Time villain, Demise and Zant come to mind, Zant being the only one i wouldnt cringe about. so i guess im just a sucker....

Final Answer.... Dark Link... Cuz.... well its Dark Link, and we have had no back story on him, and i would love to see an actual story made for him, i would also like him to be used in a game that was a Sequel to a past game, as Link would already be a hero, and the plot would be ripe for Dark Link to come in and Pose as Link and do something evil, making Hyrule turn on Link setting up a nice roller-coaster ride of a story!

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Final Answer.... Dark Link... Cuz.... well its Dark Link, and we have had no back story on him, and i would love to see an actual story made for him, i would also like him to be used in a game that was a Sequel to a past game, as Link would already be a hero, and the plot would be ripe for Dark Link to come in and Pose as Link and do something evil, making Hyrule turn on Link setting up a nice roller-coaster ride of a story!

You know in the CT Zelda sent Link off as a kid with the Ocarina of Time to keep it away from Ganondorf. What if Ganondorf creates a Dark Link to cause havoc in Hyrule in order to draw the Link back so he can get the Ocarina and the Triforce of Courage he now holds?

bunny

birb overlord
I think I'd like to see Ganondorf make a full return.
I know he was technically in ALBW, but it wasn't really... explained very well in my opinion. He just fused with Yuga, and then was defeated by Link... Like?? We never got to hear him talk or anything, so...
It would be nice, but if not, I want an all new villain.

Fig

The Altruist
I think I'd like to see Ganondorf make a full return.
I know he was technically in ALBW, but it wasn't really... explained very well in my opinion. He just fused with Yuga, and then was defeated by Link... Like?? We never got to hear him talk or anything, so...
It would be nice, but if not, I want an all new villain.

^This pretty much sums up on what I have to say about Ganon/Ganondorf earlier.
It really urks me that we couldn't see more input on Ganon. As Abi stated, Ganon simply was fused with Yuga and that's the biggest contribution that Ganon did in the entire game of ALBW.
As I stated earlier, I really don't mind seeing a new villain be the main antagonist or if Ganon/Ganondorf returns, as long as they implement their character correctly and in this case of Ganondorf, I really do not want another Twilight Princess occurring in terms of Ganondorf being mentioned so unprepared and sorta ruined the game to a degree.

Shoot the lame horses, I say. I have no confidence whatsoever that Ganon will be restored to his mediocre-at-best self. Seriously, his last decent role was way back in WW, it was the only time he showed any real personality other than Mwahaha! I'm so evil. After his seven year hiatus, Nintendo still doesn't even try with him anymore, but at least they made him look like the worthless sack of crap he is. But if this was all to get us warmed up for his big plan in Wii U, I'm up for that.

Now for the other villains, I see no point in bringing them other than for two reasons; one) to build on a previous game and 2) to just repeat something they did before. If any will happen, it's gonna be 2.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
You know in the CT Zelda sent Link off as a kid with the Ocarina of Time to keep it away from Ganondorf. What if Ganondorf creates a Dark Link to cause havoc in Hyrule in order to draw the Link back so he can get the Ocarina and the Triforce of Courage he now holds?

See now this is a great idea!

Why can't we have both Dark link and Ganon?!?! ;)

I dont see why not, i mean yeah if Ganon were there then Dark Link would no longer be the Main Villain but instead the....Ghirahim of the game without all the feminine quirks. So we would still get to fight him which would make me happy, and the story could be amazing!

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
That's basically what I would like to see. Of course it would have to be different enough from Dark Link and Vaati from Four Swords Adventures, but I think there is plenty of room for originality.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Personally I want to see a brand new villain who's aware that he's an incarnation of Demise. Or, have the new villain go about his business as usual but bring up the fact that he's an incarnation of Demise's hatred within the game as the reason for why he's doing what he's doing. Basically, connect the villain who's supposed to be the source behind all Hyrule's problems to the current villain of the day.

This can even be made more interesting than simply being another Demise/Ganondorf clone. Perhaps he knows he's just an incarnation and doesn't care for it (maybe he's trying to fight his urges for destruction, or perhaps he simply doesn't care to share any credit for his deeds with anyone else and wants to make his own identity, I'm just spitballing here). Or maybe he's not aware of his status as incarnation at first but develops from a regular stand-up guy into world-destroyer as the events of the game proceeds. In any case there's a lot of mileage to this whole "incarnation of Demise's hatred" bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Look, I don't care how, I just want another showdown with Dark Link, and give him an awesome in depth back story too, not just a one off miniboss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom