• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Want As the Zelda U Villain?

Who do you want as the Zelda U villain?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters
This poll is in partnership with the "Who do you think the next Zelda villain will be?" poll. Naturally, in this poll, you vote on which villain you personally want to appear as the main antagonist in Zelda U. In the aforementioned poll, you vote on which villain you think Nintendo will go with regardless.

In light of people asking casually who the villain of Zelda U should be, I figured it would be beneficial to create a basic poll to show hard numbers. Naturally, elaboration on your choice is much appreciated, particularly if you chose "A new villain."

My personal choice is Ganon - he's been away too long, and he'd look awesome in HD. My next preference is a new villain altogether, one that either further explains certain Zelda history elements (Interloper War, the unspecified "Era of Chaos") or is simply a nearly-intangible force of evil rather than a creature or person. Both would be enlightening and refreshing.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
New Villain. As much as I like the others, I love seeing new villains in Zelda games. And I prefer it when they are one timers (like Demise, or Malladus).

Oh, and I thought I should point out.
Dark Link is not a villain, he is a shadow. The one from Four Swords Adventures is the only one I would call a "villain", and he is actually called "Shadow Link", not "Dark Link."
Yes, I am nit-picky. :P

I think its still a little too soon for Ganon/Ganondorf to make another appearance. Him being shoehorned into Twilight Princess really highlighted the fact that Nintendo was running out of ways to make him interesting. I think one more major console Zelda without him should give him enough time to regain his novelty and make his final return all that more satisfying.

Seeing Vaati in 3D would be interesting. I wouldn't mind him returning, even though I'm more than satisfied with his character arc as it currently stands. Him appearing in Zelda Wii U doesn't seem very likely, however. As the main villain of the Four Swords trilogy, it would be weird to see him in a game that doesn't feature the Four Sword in some way. Somehow I don't think Zelda Wii U will be touching on it.

Dark Link is too bland to work as a main villain. I've always felt Nintendo's habit of making dark versions of their heroes- so far they've done it with Mario, Link, Samus and Pit at least- was lazy writing more than anything. I wouldn't mind Dark Link being developed as a convincing character- you know, one with an actual personality- in a game, but I think he works best as a servant of a greater evil.

Having a previous one-time villain reappear would be the best option if there were actually any workable choices. They can't use Majoras Mask, it's too soon after Skyward Sword for Ghirahim to appear again, Zant's story doesn't leave any room for further development and Bellum and Malladus from the DS games just flat out sucked due to how generic they were.

A new villain seems the most likely course for Nintendo to take, though it too is full of pitfalls. Nintendo has been pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to introducing new villains to Zelda, as my commentary on Bellum and Malladus above shows.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'd like Ganon/Ganondorf to return, but seeing Dark Link as some form of dungeon or mini-boss couldn't hurt as well. I'd also like to see a new villain, but sometimes it's nice to reuse old bosses.

Definitely Ganondorf as he hasn't been the main villain since Twilight Princess. Plus I think Nintendo will make him look awesome in HD.

DarkLink17

Well then
It was pretty hard to choose between Dark Link and Ganon, but I had to go with Dark Link. He is just a very interesting character and I feel that he deserves a bigger role and backstory than he has already. As for Vaati, he's pretty cool too, but I think he should stick to handheld titles and the more "cartoon" style world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom