• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are the "Dark Interlopers?"

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Interlopers

Supposedly, they might be the antagonist of Skyward Sword. But, what if they were the same tribe as the one mentioned in Majora's Mask?...

The Happy Mask Salesman tells you that Majora's Mask was used by an evil tribe for hexing rituals. I think this is the same tribe as the Interlopers, except, Termina's version. Just like Romani is Malon, the Dark Tribe could easily be the Interlopers. The ancient ones that sealed the mask in shadow could be Termina's version of the gods that sealed the Interlopers in the Twilight. In fact, the Twilight Realm could be the same shadow the mask was sealed in. And the mask salesman could've gone to the Twilight Realm in order to get it. He did say he went through great trial and hardship to get Majora's Mask...

Last edited:

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Sure, why not? I mean, "dark tribe" is pretty inconspicuous and there isn't a lot of information about them in MM. Personally, with such little information on the dark tribe, I've never really bothered to think about what they are or what their deal is, it was very much just thrown out there as a nice little back story for Majora's Mask itself (the actual mask).

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
There are a few 'dark tribes' throughout the records of Hyrulian history:

AlttP: 'the tribe of evil' - referenced by Agnahim
OoT/TWW: Ganondorf's 'demon tribe' - Japanese Translation reference
MM: Majoran Tribe - (May not be exclusive to the Hyrule Universe though)
TP: The Interlopers/Twili
OoX: The 'Evil Realm' inhabitants - (Onox and Veran - references as being from this particular place)\

It might be that they are all some how connected, imo.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There are already a fair number of threads like this; I'll be merging this onto another one.

Please use the search function before posting a thread to find out if there any similar ones that already exist.

Pen

The game is on!
It might be the Sheikah, they were sealed away sometime before OoT (perhaps during the civil war), cause there aren't many Sheikahs in OoT. It is hinted that the Sheikah did something bad against the royal family of Hyrule. Also, the Sheikah were great warriors, so are the Twili.
Also, the Sheikah have red eyes, so does the Twili.

It might also be the Gerudo, they were sealed away sometime before TP, cause Ganondorf is the only Gerudo in TP. One thing that supports this theory is that the Mirror of Twilight is located in the desert. The Gerudos are also great warriors, just like the Twili.
Also, Zant was mad because he didn't become king in the Twilight Realm, perhaps he was suppose to be the king, but the laws had been changed so that females could be leaders too, and Midna was the first one.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
It could be that both the Shiekah and the Twili were originally the same tribe but the Shiekah were the the Interlopers who stood against the Evil Interlopers causing the Godesses to give them Hylian bodies, whereas the Twili were originally the evil interlopers who were banished to the Twilight realm. The connection with the eye really connects the two tribes. This is not factual but what I believe!

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It could be that both the Shiekah and the Twili were originally the same tribe but the Shiekah were the the Interlopers who stood against the Evil Interlopers causing the Godesses to give them Hylian bodies, whereas the Twili were originally the evil interlopers who were banished to the Twilight realm. The connection with the eye really connects the two tribes. This is not factual but what I believe!
I think the other way around makes more sense. The twili were evil Sheikah and it was their bodies that were transformed by the Twilight.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
In the video, it shows three Dark Links to start the video, but then a normal Link afterwards, but with rolled-back eyes. This may imply that the Dark Interlopers bewitched normal members of society into helping them. It seems to me that they take after the Death Eaters from Harry Potter, using the Imperius Curse (which allowed one person to control others) to gather an army to use on Harry.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
(I bold everything important is you just want to skip most of the banter and evidence just to argue your point)

In Twilight Princess, Lanayru tells you, in essence, a recap of the War over the Triforce and adds the origins of the Twili species to the mix. She states that the ancestors were "dark interlopers who excelled in arcane arts."
I think they may be the Sheikah Tribe, as they are often referred to as the Shadow Folk, and in the Ocarina of Time Manga (which isn't really canonical, but I'll use it for more evidence), it says that their tear drop was added to the eye after a certain betrayal, but we don't know what it is. this could be that betrayal. As for more evidence that it could be the Sheikah, the eye on Midna's Fused Shadow piece bears significant resemblance to the left (right for wii) eye of Majora's Mask. A lot of fans (myself included) believe that they also made the mask and, due to it being an alternate universe, the Terminian Sheikah all perished.

Any other suggestions?
I share this same theory! Also, on the back of Zant's throne there is they Sheikah eye symbol WITHOUT THE TEAR which could mean that it is a sect of the Sheikah tribe that broke away and betrayed their own tibe. I believe this is the "betrayal" mentioned in the Manga. Also, the Sheikah are magical beings, so they could develop the kind of power shown by the Dark Interlopers. There could be other races involved, but I believe the majority (or the leaders) of the Dark Interlopers are a sect of the Sheikah tribe.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Stalfos. What if they were cursed to become Stalfos, and the 3-easy-steps-to-becoming-a-stalfos thing was just a legend made up by the Kokiri to keep others out of the forest.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Stalfos. What if they were cursed to become Stalfos, and the 3-easy-steps-to-becoming-a-stalfos thing was just a legend made up by the Kokiri to keep others out of the forest.

If they were stalfos, why do the Twili and Dark Interlopers clearly have flesh? Stalfos are complete skeletons, with no epidermis whatsoever.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
well in tp Midina mentions Zant's eyes. she says their tribe had lost their king to such greed. Zant's eyes have the same color as ganondorf's had in oot. i don't know where people get the idea about the sheikah. in the shadow temple all it says is here is the bloody history of hyrule's greed and hatred. that's it. it doesn't mention the sheikah at all. but the light spirits imply that the war was like a civil war. brother against brother type. race against race. magic is used by very few people in oot. i don't think the disappearing thing impa could do was magic. it has long been said that ninja's had a powder that cause a flash and smoke to appear when it was dropped so they could make a quick get a way. they kept them in little leather balls and would throw then to gound when needing a escape. the only other magical people in oot are zelda, ganondorf and koume and kotake. well beside link and the faries. i think the most logical would be either a new race or the gerudo.

Oh, come on. The "eyes" thing was figurative. I mean, haven't you ever heard of saying you can tell something by looking at someone's eyes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom