• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are the "Dark Interlopers?"

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Yes, it was figurative, but darkness seems to have a profound effect on peoples' eyes. Zant's eyes seemed to e a little more golden than the red of the normal Twili (ex. Midna). Ganondorf has golden eyes as a result of being Gerudo. Whether this is because Ganon's very essence is influencing Zant, or because the Darkness Zant is using is corrupting him like it does in the KH series, either way, his eyes are a very good indicator of the fact that e has an evil nature.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The quote is actually just "interlopers who excelled at magic". The term "dark" just naturally got tacked on, as they obviously used dark magic.

Anyway, it's highly possible that the Sheikah are the "dark interlopers", but I wouldn't use the term "Shadow Folk" as evidence. That term was coined from them living in the shadows, as they lived in a secluded village and acted in complete secrecy. However, there is quite a bit of real evidence for it, as people before me have outlined. We'll see in Skyward Sword.

M

Marcello1

The Twili Can't be descendants of the Gerudo because in OoT we learn that there's only 1 male Gerudo born every 100 years, whereas the Twili only seem to have 1 woman (Midna)

Twili are decedents to the interlopers....but are the interlopers decedents of vaati? or are they decedents of Ghirahim and crew, maybe they are the shelby-vill the the hylians Springfield.. who knows

Darkness may have indeed somehow affected the pupils of the Sheikah (and possibly the Twili), as their pupils are red, a feature that exists in real-life, which can be an attribute of albinism (more specifically ocular and/or oculocutaneous types of the defect); not to necessarily say the Sheikah or the Twili are albinos :shake:. I'm not absolutely certain, but the red pupils of an albino - in real-life - are very photosensitive (eyes are affected by light), or so they are believed to be. Perhaps the Sheikah/Twili Tribe (or at least their eyes?) were partially inspired by the eyes of an albino. As, it is believed that albinos prefer the dark.

Eyes of albinos
albino11.JPG
220px-OCA1_Auge.jpg
albinoiris1.JPG
albinismo-ocular.jpg
/spur of the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom