• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda race would win in a war?(MM v.)

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Sheikah we can assume have died out due to no evidence of them existing at the time of the game. The mask of truth and the gossip stones aside (i suspect they were tools made in the Ikana/Garo war, for means of info gathering), the Picori don't make much a threat due to them being mostly peaceful creatures, as is it would take many of them to fell a single person let alone a goron/Zora/Garo/Ikanian. The Deku would be the most viable in a battle with the Picori but even then only the smallest would work.

Yeah, just pondering on how they could be there as the OP said and because of what G-king said. I'd assume the Shiekah died already, just saying they were likely there at some point before due to the Gossip Stones and Mask.

Hyrulean Gorons have never been unable to breath under water regardless of what age they are from. I would also like to see evidence that Terminian Gorons die from water. Link can't change masks under water as far as I am aware. If he was a goron and fell into a well he would never be able to get out. Even if some areas have a slope that a Goron could leave the water, there are areas that don't have that. Therefore they had to make Goron link die when he falls in water.
Terminian Gorons do not need to breath. We know this because they can survive being frozen in a giant snowball without oxygen. There is no reason for water to kill a Goron.

It says on Darmani's grave... and if they were frozen, wouldn't that be like being frozen in sleep, you might as well say Captain America doesn't need to breathe...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
EXACTLY! I'm saying that water kills gorons. G-king doesn't believe me! :'(
It doesn't kill Gorons, it is exclusively Goron link. They don't need to breath, they can survive encasement in rock and ice and have been shown to be able to breath under water as I have said. TP being a newer game it retcons any earlier depiction of their weakness, which I still deny the existence of by the way.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Dude this about termina Gorons so TP wouldn't count do to Termina being in a parallel universe being frozen and submerged are two different things, also Link took his mask from a Goron Hero, and even then he still has an adverse reaction to water. So if the strongest of the Terminian Gorons of the time cannot survive water how would a regular goron? We see gorons freezing to death in Snowhead an at least one fully frozen, Hot spring water revives them but they soon freeze again. If gorons are made of rock i'd imagine they sooner or later shatter from that.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Here's the scenario:

Gorons charge Clock town, crushing it and everyone inside. They move on to the swamp. Meanwhile, the Ikanans and Garo are going at each other. Garos would win, as they can be invisible, and can fight in the day or night. Afterwards, they would encounter the Gorons as they are returning from the remains of a burning deku palace. They were heading to get the Zoras, but run into a problem with the water which they do not breathe. The Garos follow them and take 'em out. Zoras observe the Gorons being taken out by an invisible foe and wisely decide to remain in their watery fortress. Then, however, the pirates attack. But, their little rowboats are easily tipped over by the zoras and the rowers taken out. By now, they realize that something is going on, and that they need to train for combat. They have sufficint supplies to create some crude weapons, which they train for a bit with. Though... I suppose in the end they would be decimated by invisible foes. They could maybe take out a few by swinging blindly, but in the end I suppose Garo would reign in Termina. That is, until Link finds a way to return and beats the crap out of them for taking out all his friends, anyway. :P

((The last part was just added as a joke, please no one yell at me that Link wouldn't be able to return, I was just kidding))

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Dude this about termina Gorons so TP wouldn't count do to Termina being in a parallel universe being frozen and submerged are two different things, also Link took his mask from a Goron Hero, and even then he still has an adverse reaction to water. So if the strongest of the Terminian Gorons of the time cannot survive water how would a regular goron? We see gorons freezing to death in Snowhead an at least one fully frozen, Hot spring water revives them but they soon freeze again. If gorons are made of rock i'd imagine they sooner or later shatter from that.
As I have said already since the OP included Hylians , Sheikah and Picori, which are races that are not from Termina. The Hyrulean Gorons are a legitimate race. A legitimate race that have been shown to have no weakness to water in any game.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
As I have said already since the OP included Hylians , Sheikah and Picori, which are races that are not from Termina. The Hyrulean Gorons are a legitimate race. A legitimate race that have been shown to have no weakness to water in any game.
Hylians = Terminans.

Picori and Sheika likely exist(ed) in Termina. As I mentioned:

Huh, thats a little odd. But I suppose they could exist anyway. Pikori can only be seen by kids, and are so tiny they could easily hide. Sheikah must have been there at some point, at least some kind of Sheikah because of the gossip stones and Mask of Truth. But it would still be the same age of Gorons. Same weaknesses. No water.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yea but unfortuneately it's been established that none of them ever did exist in Termina and seeing as the majority of the creatures are from Termina we be taking a leaf outta the book thar.

As for the war.
Gorons would roll on would fall being creatures that can carve through rock easily they'd flood the entirety of the swamp killing the deku any that'd survive would soon be crushed. The Gorons would march onto Great Bay but and die in the ocean due to Zora's power there, The Ikanian forces would then wage war on the Zora, losing many in the process but eventually slaying the zora due to their corpse putrifying the water and any wound the zoras took would poison them, the remaining ikanians would be destroyed by the Hylians or perhaps the Ikanians would win against the Hylians i am unsure there. If hylians won the Garo would use subterfuge, poison and assasination to take over and kill them and against the Ikanians, who at this point having won two pyrric victories, would be much reduced either a full out frontal assault or being picked off during daylight hours in which they are forced to hide from sunlight. All this would lead to Garos being the ulitmate victors.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Naw, Ikanians would have been taken out by the Garo, as they were enemies long before all this.

Then there'd be no one to take out the Zoras, unless they came out eventually, which I'm sure they would.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hylians = Terminans.

Picori and Sheika likely exist(ed) in Termina. As I mentioned:

Sheikah were the protectors of the Hylian royalty, there is no reason for them to exist in termina. And since any Picori and sheikah from Termina would be parallel it would be impossible to say the differences between them and their Hyrulean counterparts.
If there is a difference between Terminian Gorons and Hylian Gorons, which I can assure you do not need to breath and can survive under water as is evidenced by TP. You claim the Terminian Gorons can't survive under water which would be a major weakness which their Hyrulian counterparts don't have. This means the parallel Sheikah and Picori might have weaknesses that we don't know about, if they even exist in Termina anyway.

I maintain that Termina is simply the battleground for all the races not necessarily the place of origin of the races involved.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well the Sheikah might have once existed because the gossip stones and Mask of truth bare their mark but they are extinct by links time. The picori similarly died out.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I am confused Matthew, by "this would take place in Termina" do you mean races exclusive to Termina or is that strictly the location? I'm also not sure what you mean by "win" as in kill everyone else, take control, or survive.

If we're talking about anything within the Zeldaverse and just surviving the answer would most likely be the Salona who are arguably the ancestors of the Subrosians. These people are very rich, control vast networks, and can live underground, possibly in some sort of bunker.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
1) The Shiekah acted as guardians; they existed beforehand though.
2) Lack of evidence is not proof. There's more evidence that Gorons can't breathe than can.
3) Why use Termina as the battleground? Hyrule would make more sense if it was chosen just because. However, if it was chosen becuase of the wide variety of native races, then why use the Hylian versions?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1) The Shiekah acted as guardians; they existed beforehand though.
2) Lack of evidence is not proof. There's more evidence that Gorons can't breathe than can.
3) Why use Termina as the battleground? Hyrule would make more sense if it was chosen just because. However, if it was chosen becuase of the wide variety of native races, then why use the Hylian versions?
1) They were sent by the gods to protect the Royal family, that was the purpose of their existence.
2)Wrong! There is a Goron in TP that survives under water. You can see it and yet you never see a goron die under water that is not link. Furthermore a Goron child in TP is trying to hold his breath underwater, however he realises he doesn't need so as he can breath under water anyway. It is likely Goron link cant use the full abilities of the Gorons such as the ability to breath under water, which is the only reason he dies.
3) The reason I have suggested Hyrulean Gorons is because some people believe Terminian Gorons can't breath under water. I don't agree but fine. The thing is I know Hyrulean Gorons CAN breath underwater. Therefore they have a major advantage over the Terminian Gorons if you believe they can't survive under water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom