• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Games Should I Get from the Virtual Console?

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Ok so I only currently have Majora's Mask at the moment, but I was wondering what you all would do with 2200 Wii points. I really want to get Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, and The Legend of Zelda. I have played and beaten all 3 of those titles though LttP I haven't played in forever. I have never played Adventures of Link but that one kind of gives me a headache. So here is where I stand.

OoT = 1000
LttP = 800
LoZ = 500
AoL = 500

With 2200 points I can get numerous options.

1. OoT + LttP = 1800 (leaving 400)
2. OoT + LoZ + AoL = 2000 (leaving 200)
3. LttP + LoZ + AoL = 1800 (leaving 400)

I'm thinking about doing my first option. What do you all think?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Go with the first option cause you never played ALttP and its a glorious game and OoT is the best of the three (my opinion) so yeah, pick the first option.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Go with 3 dude! :)

You said yourself yourself that you've already played OoT and you haven't played ALttP in forever. You can always get more wii points later. Go with the two classics and the awesome one you haven't played in a while!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would go with either 1, or 3. ALttP is a good game, and worth getting.

If you go with 1, you'll be just 100 points away from getting one of the NES games, and 600 away from getting both.

If you go with 2, you'll be 600 points away from getting ALttP.

If you go with 3, you'll be 400 points away from getting OoT.

That means that 1 will probably be the most guaranteed fun, and will more than likely get you an NES game in the near future if you really want it, seeing as you're only 100 points away.

3 would be the most cost-effective, because it leaves you with a 400 point debt towards OoT, and hence all of the games you want.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I would go with either 1, or 3. ALttP is a good game, and worth getting.

If you go with 1, you'll be just 100 points away from getting one of the NES games, and 600 away from getting both.

If you go with 2, you'll be 600 points away from getting ALttP.

If you go with 3, you'll be 400 points away from getting OoT.

That means that 1 will probably be the most guaranteed fun, and will more than likely get you an NES game in the near future if you really want it, seeing as you're only 100 points away.

3 would be the most cost-effective, because it leaves you with a 400 point debt towards OoT, and hence all of the games you want.

Well thank you for putting in the time to put my situation in that frame of light. I think I'm gonna end up going with option 1 :)

Beeker

Wild Card
Option 1 is a good one. You get get OoT and ALttp(which are both great games, might I add:P). Since you'll have 400 left over, you're 100 points away from getting either LoZ or AoL.

PhantomTriforce is right. Over time, you should get them all!:lol:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I would also say it depends on if you want 3D or 2D, and exactly how "old school" you were looking for. I'm replaying LoZ right now and enjoying it a lot, though I did grow up on it, so it's hard for me to judge. It also depends on how long you want to play them - I'd hazard a guess that Option 1 has the longest play time. I'm not sure about AoL, as I haven't played it yet, but LoZ can be a quick game. While I think you'll get your money's worth regardless of the option you choose, I thnk OoT and AlttP are particularly good deals. I know I personally was pretty excited when I found I could play one of the classics for only $10. Just my opinion.

Gyorg Hater

I speak fluent gibberish
I would also take option 1

Just so you don't have to go through the pain and suffering of the Adventure of Link. I mean is still a good game and all, but some enemies are too dang hard to hit :(

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ J Oh, you should definitely go for the first option. Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda ever, and ALttP is better than LoZ and AoL combined.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Well I thought I would let everyone know I picked option 1 :p

Playing through LttP atm

Thank you all for your input

Valexi

Hylian Thief
OBTAIN ALL OF THEM.

content

THIS IS THE ONLY ANSWER.

Nah, just kidding.
As everyone mentioned before, first option seems best, since you haven't played LttP that much, and you have to get OoT if you have MM. That's the rule of thumb.

Well, I would choose option 1, and if you decide to add the 100 points to buy a classic NES Zelda I would choose the first LoZ and leave AoL for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom