• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Water Dungeon is the Best?

Which Water Dungeon is the Best?

• Swamp Palace: ALTTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angler's Tunnel: LA

• Catfish's Maw: LA

• Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly: OOT

• Water Temple: OOT

• Pirates' Fortress: MM

• Great Bay Temple: MM

• Dancing Dragon Dungeon: OOS

• Mermaid's Cave: OOA

• Jabu-Jabu's Belly: OOA

• Tower of the Gods: WW

• Lakebed Temple: TP

• Ancient Cistern: SS

• Total voters

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Lakebed Temple. Though I hated it the most and it was the most frustrating temple in the entire game, the design was FABULOUS. The staircase and all, the water level changing- thingy (:d?), and the over-all look and location of the dungeon was brilliant.
And the boss was great too. The battle was cool, and the ending of it was awesome as well, as the monster bashed into wall, and the water flowed out. It looked epic!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Didn't know Ancient Cistern was a water temple. Well, regardless, that's my choice.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. It was challenging but not frustrating like Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly.

It's funny. I didn't like the water temple the first time I played it but then when I played it again I really liked it. It's definitely challenging puzzle-wise and has good design and sense of atmosphere.

I never considered Jabu-Jabu's Belly to be a water dungeon. It's inside of a fish but there is no actual water inside the dungeon itself.

Water Temple, OoT... it feels so sinister, mostly because of the music, which I thought was perfect. It features one of the best mini bosses in the series in Dark Link. This fight is actually challenging for a beginner-intermediate player. Morpha was basically a walk in the park and didn't have much to the fight other than hookshot-sword slash, but I thought it was a still a fun battle nonetheless. The architecture within the temple is so unique and unlike anything else in Ocarina of Time, the water dragon statues that house all sorts of switches and what not were extremely visually appealing. All the puzzles in the dungeon were crafted so well and again, were actually challenging in comparison to most other puzzles in 3D Zelda games.
I never found the water level raising and lowering to be all the tedious because I am the kind of player that literally explores every nook and cranny until I have exhausted all options. I find that the only way the water level lowering and raising would become problematic would be if the player missed a key on a certain floor. Things were just well hidden in this temple and was the only challenging part of the game besides Jabu-Jabu's Belly, parts of the Forest Temple and Ganon's Castle for me. One of the series' most well designed dungeons.

Ecysmest

Of the Forest
This one was a hard one for me.
It seems to be a reoccurring theme with the water temples to have a lot of puzzles. The entire dungeon is usually tedious, but not really difficult.

So here, I made my decision differently that I normally do. Instead of taking which water dungeon I enjoyed the most, or which one I loved to go through. I took the dungeon that i felt the best after getting through, and called that my favorite.

So for me, the Water Temple from OoT was my favorite. It took me so long to get through that temple, as I would sometimes forget to solve one of the puzzles, and so would have to drain the temple again, go through all those steps again, to try and find what I forgot to do.
But at the same time, this temple had my favorite mini-boss. Dark Link was, and still is, one of the best mini-bosses I've ever fought.

Beating that temple gave me a feeling of great self-accomplishment that I have not yet felt after any other temple.
The Water Temples are by no means my favorite temples out of all of them, though. But that's for a different thread, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom