• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Water Dungeon is the Best?

Which Water Dungeon is the Best?

• Swamp Palace: ALTTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angler's Tunnel: LA

• Catfish's Maw: LA

• Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly: OOT

• Water Temple: OOT

• Pirates' Fortress: MM

• Great Bay Temple: MM

• Dancing Dragon Dungeon: OOS

• Mermaid's Cave: OOA

• Jabu-Jabu's Belly: OOA

• Tower of the Gods: WW

• Lakebed Temple: TP

• Ancient Cistern: SS

• Total voters
In the third part of this poll series, I will poll the final of the three basic dungeon themes. Water Dungeons are filled with devilish puzzles and aggravating swimming portions, making them some of the most controversial and hated dungeons in the series. However, sometimes their genius designs and intense puzzles defeat their own insanity, making them some of the greatest dungeons in the series. Changing water level and swimming with limited item capabilities often define the typical Zelda water dungeon. And switches and levers. Sometimes lots of those.

The water peoples are the fishmen, mermaids, parella, whales, and the famed zora.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ancient cistern is the only water dungeon I really like. It has a beautiful design, it has this clean and fresh feel to it, the music compliments this feel... and then you get flushed down a pipe and get attacked by zombies. What is not to like?

T

Thrashoholic

The Great Bay Temple is amazing. I love how you have to play as a Zora. It's so different compared to the other games.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
My three favourites are the Great Bay Temple, the Lakebed Temple and the Ancient Cistern.

While I loved the Great Bay Temple it was a bit too confusing, much like every water temple. In the Great Bay Temple you almost had to go through every single room twice, making it pretty confusing on where you go next. The Oot Water Temple was easier, I think.

I loved the Lakebed Temple, the stairway design was really fun for me, I didn't have much of a problem with this temple.

And the Ancient Cistern. It's quite a beautiful dungeon, but there's one thing I absolutely despise in this dungeon. Skulltulas. In every other game, Skulltulas have been incredibly easy for me to deal with. But in SS every time I've battled with a Skulltula hanging from a web, I've almost died. Another thing I don't like is the basement. The dungeon is so beautiful at first, but then you have to go into the basement where dead things come back to life. It really took away from how amazing the dungeon was for me.

All in all, I think the Lakebed Temple is the best.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Ocarina of Time Water Temple is the one that gets the most flak, the one that has to be simplified in a later release, the most legendary of all water dungeons. So yeah, that one. Great Bay confused me as well, so that one too. Can't decide between Great Bay and Water Temple (original, not MQ).

MW7

The Water Temple is the best IMO. The replay value is off the charts, and it's one of the few dungeons in the series that consistently challenges new players.

Nothing will ever come close to surpassing the Water temple in Ocarina of Time. A lot of people seem to dislike it for challenging the player to think in new and creative ways as well as due to its complex layout across multiple floors but that's what makes the experience unique and intriguing to me. No matter how many times I traverse it, I always find a new way to cut back on my time. And I know I'm nowehre near finding the ideal way through. For me that is exactly what the series should represent in terms of non linear gameplay and I therefore regard the Water Temple as a complete triumph in and of itself.

octorok74

TETTAC
OoT's Water Temple. It was easy for me. I just really like watching people restart there game because they 'couldn't' find one key.

Fig

The Altruist
The win must go to the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time! Sure it is already infamous for being the most dreaded dungeon in the game, but it is so much fun when you are fighting against Dark Link, one of the most memorable bosses that no one could forget. Battling against one's doppleganger is so much fun, especially when he's constantly landing on top of you head! :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom