• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Which Terrain Are You Looking Forward to in ZeldaU?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Graphically, the water area--assuming they don't step backwards into cell shading. As a game area, I like snow areas as they are often the most challenging.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I want just a GIANT SNOWSTORM that engulfs Hyrule. What I'm trying to say I want a snow area that's big and looks amazing. I would love to see some quality particle effects in any terrain.

P

pauldavidmiller

1. The Moon. I want Link wandering over a desolate, pock-marked field of craters with a thick field of stars overhead as he wanders in and out of lunar caves, through desert arches, across canyons. The ultimate in lonely questing through desolation. Do this instead of the traditional yellow sand desert.

2. The Nebulae / a Star. This would be a great dungeon, and a good way of doing the typical "Fire Temple" in a whole new way. Give me ethereal fire or stellar fire, not the fire of a volcano (which we've seen a dozen times).

3. Hills. We've seen a lone mountain in most Zelda games; but in reality mountains are always surrounded by foothills. Give me a vast approach to Death Mountain filled with rolling hills, hidden valleys, ravines, saddles, hilltops, a hidden village, ruins, streams of snowmelt running off the mountain, springs, a sudden glade-- I think hills have the opportunity for more variety in a compact area that anything else. Do this instead of the traditional flatland forest.

4. Tropics / beaches / shallow seas. Yes.

5. Multiple continents separated by ocean. Combine the awesome, wide-open exploration of WW with the traditional land-based exploration of every other Zelda game. The best (and only) awesome moment of the otherwise detestable Adventure of Link was the moment you got the raft, crossed the ocean, and suddenly realized you had only explored *half* of the world. Repeat that experience, but one better: fill the ocean with islands to explore along the way. A little WW in the middle of TP! That makes it easy to incorporate the tropics and beaches mentioned above.

6. I could do a swamp if it is Florida's Everglades-- keep it green and light, and give Link a boat. I don't want something gray and slow.

I'm probably most excited for the forest. I would love to see a classic Legend Of Zelda style forest area in beautiful HD graphics, oh god. Just imagine the detail of the shadows and the leaves, the sunlight streaming through the canopy, illuminating particles of pollen and dust in the air...

are my hopes too high

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think forest and water areas have the greatest potential for beauty, and would be amazing to explore in HD. I also think a haunted area would be cool and a nice return. Maybe like Ikana Canyon in HD, and scarier.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The fire areas. I have mentioned many times that the fire areas are generally my least favourite, but think about how they could look in HD! You have the glow of the lava, all the dust particles in the air, the amazing looking fire effects for enemies! It would be truly glorious!

Mido

Version 1
In HD, I would definitely like to see a mysterious, vast area of sand, similarly to the Gerudo Desert of TP. I always have felt as if the desert lands were always filled with mystery and intrigue, such as with the barren Gerudo Desert and the majestic Spirit Temple of OOT. (Sans the infamous Iron Knuckle) I think that if the more realism-style graphics are used for the new game, I think the desert environment would look great, to put it simply.

ILU

i luv u
I'm looking forward to Death Mountain, or whatever mountainous region they decide to include... IF they include one, that is.

I think that it'd be an ideal way to show off their HD goodness. I'm thinking caverns with glints of lantern light reflecting off of silver, gold, crystals, or precious gems in the walls. Stuff like that where tiny details can really shine... literally! ^_^

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I have to say that the woods and forests are always my favourite part of any Zelda game. Faron Woods in SS is a good example, it just looks so good with the art style that they used. I can see a realistic but still bright woodland area being made for Zelda U, and I think it could look really nice with light shafts seeping through the treetops. I'd also like to see Lake Hylia, because water can look so good on HD consoles with real time reflections and specular maps. Overall, I'm just excited to see Zelda in HD xD

M

moBliNkeBab

I'm really looking forward to the
forest, especially seeing all
the plants and animals.
however, HD kakariko would
also be awesome.

Ever since seeing TP's first trailers with that dense and unrestricted forest, that has been on my wish list. I just love the vibe that you get from that kind of scenery. The forests up until now haven't been very satisfying... most of the time they're a narrow path with woods surrounding it as well as some parts built like a maze. I'd be very happy if most of the overworld (if it were fairly non-linear with open areas, like OoT and TP) was a vast forest in place of Hyrule Field. :)
It would be cool to see a frigid, frozen wasteland with snow, blizzards, and ice chasms/caves as well!
All in all, I'd be happy with almost anything, and the differences in the biomes in LoZ throughout the game have always been exciting to me.

Salem

SICK
Ever since seeing TP's first trailers with that dense and unrestricted forest, that has been on my wish list. I just love the vibe that you get from that kind of scenery. The forests up until now haven't been very satisfying... most of the time they're a narrow path with woods surrounding it as well as some parts built like a maze. I'd be very happy if most of the overworld (if it were fairly non-linear with open areas, like OoT and TP) was a vast forest in place of Hyrule Field. :)
Yeah, that's something I've been thinking of for a while, its always the trailers and prerelease images of Zelda games that have vast forest and in the final game, boring narrow mazes...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I've always been a fan of desert regions myself, watching a sandstorm blow over a vast expanse, with untold lost mysteries from ages past. You know that kinda stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom