• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Which Terrain Are You Looking Forward to in ZeldaU?

It is impossible right now to know what form ZeldaU is going to take. It may yet surprise us and be something that looks completely alien.

But if we go with the idea that ZeldaU will be a traditional Zelda affair, then which terrain are you most looking forward to seeing and experiencing in HD graphics?

Are you looking forward to the golden sands of a desert?
The hot searing magmas of a volcano?
The serene waters of a vast lake?
Or the lush greens of a forest?

Of course we are all looking forward all of these locations in ZeldaU but which do you think is going to look the most impressive to you in HD given what we have seen of them in the past?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I admire all of the existing regions of Hyrule! I would like to see the forests expanded upon. They are such small regions in most of the Zelda games.

Assuming ZeldaU is set in Hyrule, I would like to see Snowpeak return and expanded upon. And I would love to see new regions introduced. Maybe turn Lake Hylia into a swampland like it was in ALttP.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Terrains that I looking forward to in Zelda Wii-U are haunted forest or swamp, ancient ruins, and huge prairie...

I'd like to see the regions from Majora's Mask return in high definition. They were a break from the traditional and after more streamlined geography in Skyward Sword, a swamp, snowy mountain, hazardous sea, and canyon would be appreciated.

New terrain would be appreciated as well. Perhaps Link could visit the Sacred Realm or as suggested in countless thread prior travel to the far reaches of space.

Kazumi

chagy
I personally love beaches in video games and in real life. As such, I would love to see a proper tropical beach as a terrain/location in Zelda Wii U. Great Bay was pretty nice and Wind Waker had a number of nice beach areas, but I would really love a nice relaxing beach.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
First off, I want Lake Hylia because I need to see something like Twilight Princess's Lake in HD. That would just look stunning.

Beyond that, an ice region would be nice to see again. Ice themes lead to some interestig enemies as well as more puzzle-focussed dungeons or areas. I would also be pleased to see TP's snowboarding come back, but I shan't hold my breath.
A swamp would be cool too. It could make for some interesting changes to combat by limiting Link's movement or his speed because of the thick mud and sludge and such a place would be home to a large number of foul creatures too.

Chief on my wish list (after Lake Hylia, of course) is a proper sewer! If they put in a large Castle Town, I hope to God it has a fully devloped sewer underneath it, with hidden chambers, puzzles and monsters. I imagine such a thing basically working the same way a full-fledged dungeon would, only it's not essential to game completetion and you can go in and out whenever you please. The purpose would just be to have another area to explore with goodies hidden around to reward those who have a good thorough look about.

TheFlakeyOne

More Flakes in Every Bite
I want to see a larger, meadow like area again, like the Hyrule Field in OoT. While TP's was nice it was very rocky and lots of stone cliffs. I want more of the flatlands and slopes that characterized OoT's Hyrule.

I'm really drawn to forests for some reason so I have to go with the forest terrain. My favorite area in each Zelda game. It makes me feel safe and at home. I know that sounds really bizarre lol.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Eff, C already said all that I wanted to say. But, regarding terrain, I want ZeldaU to contain legitimate terrain - stuff we see in the real world - not a bunch of cliffs in a volcano or unnatural geography as exhibited in Skyward Sword's Eldin Volcano. So, an ice area should feel like an icy area, not a level set. :)

Deeds

no text
I want to see mountanous terrain, that has been covered by snow. Lower down the mountains you'd be able to see the HD detail, would be nice.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
My number one thing on the wishlist would be a tropical environment; sand beaches, marine life, volcano, coral reef etc. Basically LoZ version of the Bahamas. I'm also expecting to see some creative landscaping too, maybe like the city on the clouds, literally, like in TMC or structures within a Volcano that we see in OoT.

The series need some depth to it's over world and not just huge, empty and non-creative landscapes. Surely there are portions of the game that maybe need to have these attributes to give a certain atmosphere of i.e Abandonment or War => huge areas that are a little spooky and totally lifeless, but the biggest quest hubs in the game should be teeming with life and give the atmosphere that a real city would give meaning hundreds of NPC's that we can interact with by either buying armor, selling stuff, taking quests or just do some mini-games.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm looking forward to seeing a highland area. Not just an area that happens to have one mountain or volcano, I mean an entire region set very high up in altitude. Think the Andes Mts. in S. America for an example. I want to feel like I'm very high up, like if I make one wrong move I go plummeting to my death. That'll be cool to see.

I'm also looking forward to seeing a tundra region. Icy regions always capture my interest, and I'd like to see a return to that at some point in the game. More than that, though, I want to feel like things can actually live in this region (unless we go for a haunted ice region, which would be cool in its own right).

Actually, what about we get a haunted region back? I always like those.

What about a cave region? I know it's technically been done before with Holodrum, but that's not what I have in mind. No, I mean a region that's much more dark and claustrophobic; think the Phazon Mines from Metroid Prime. I want to feel like I'm delving deep into enemy territory and that I need to watch my every move lest I get attacked when I least expect it.

Also, I'd like to see this distant nebula talked about so much. I want to see where exactly the Golden Goddesses call home. Maybe have it at the end of the game where the villain has somehow managed to breach into this distant nebula to take down the Goddesses, and we have to chase after him into this far-out fantastical world. That'll be cool.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I want to see a mountainy area similar to SS Death Mountain. I loved the Idea of it being very steep with a huge view.
I'd like to be able to climb Death Mountain and SnowPeak and possibly other mountains in the range.

I enjoy just about all of the different terrains in the LoZ series. What I would really like to see in the next Zelda game is to have different islands / continents; something similar to Zelda II or the early Final Fantasy games. The thought of a huge, vast, unexplored land that you can see but cannot reach until halfway through the game when you finally get that airship (or other means of traveling across an ocean).. that's what I want.
In most Zelda games, it really feels like I've more or less seen everything in the overworld after about the 5th dungeon. In the next game, I'd like to see something different. I'd like to have a new and unexplored land become available to me halfway through the quest, with tons, and I mean tons of exploring to do.
I guess what I'm saying is that I care less about the kind of terrain it is, and more about the amount of terrain there is.

I would love a dense jungle volcano terrain, I think it could show of WiiU power.

I'm looking forward to seeing a highland area. Not just an area that happens to have one mountain or volcano, I mean an entire region set very high up in altitude. Think the Andes Mts. in S. America for an example. I want to feel like I'm very high up, like if I make one wrong move I go plummeting to my death. That'll be cool to see.

I'm also looking forward to seeing a tundra region. Icy regions always capture my interest, and I'd like to see a return to that at some point in the game. More than that, though, I want to feel like things can actually live in this region (unless we go for a haunted ice region, which would be cool in its own right).

Actually, what about we get a haunted region back? I always like those.

What about a cave region? I know it's technically been done before with Holodrum, but that's not what I have in mind. No, I mean a region that's much more dark and claustrophobic; think the Phazon Mines from Metroid Prime. I want to feel like I'm delving deep into enemy territory and that I need to watch my every move lest I get attacked when I least expect it.

Also, I'd like to see this distant nebula talked about so much. I want to see where exactly the Golden Goddesses call home. Maybe have it at the end of the game where the villain has somehow managed to breach into this distant nebula to take down the Goddesses, and we have to chase after him into this far-out fantastical world. That'll be cool.
I love the idea of the distant nebula!!! It could be full of colors and life, and you could gain the power of the goddesses to become a super link like the fierce dirty link. Except the enemy also becomes super powered so its like a battle of the Gods!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom