• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Star Wars Was the BEST

Best star wars ?

• Star Wars I - Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Wars II - Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith

• Star Wars IV - A New Hope (any version)

• Star Wars V - Empire Strikes Back

• Star Wars VI - Return of the Jedi

• All / None / Combo (explain which ones)

• Total voters
ok , pretty simple here. What Star wars film was your favorite and why?

I cant really chose right now but ... im rewatching them now that im older

I have to go with Episode III. I've been a fan of Star Wars for a while, but I'm not like a crazy fanatic over it like some people are. A lot of the people who are long-time fans of the series dislike the new trilogy (I-III), and a lot of them also would pick Empire as their favorite. But for me, it was like Episode III was what everyone was waiting for, and it didn't disappoint IMO. Seeing Darth Vader (my favorite character) finally being put in the black suit was a big moment.

linkman8

True and Noble
Definitely agreed with MrMosley. When watching Revenge of the Sith, I felt they did a great job connecting the two plotlines together and filling in any loose ends. The acting by Iwan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, regardless of what anyone else says, I felt was phenomenal, especially watching that final scene between the two of them. Overall the movie was expertly done, and gives you a good feel on the poltiical turmoil in the Star Wars universe.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
My favorite is Return of the Jedi. The movie had great special effects for its time. The scene with Luke, the Emperor and Vader is the best part. Vader gets his arm chopped off...again. It's awesome when the Emperor is zapping Luke and Vader pauses to think whether or not he should kill the Emperor. At the last second, Vader picks up the Emperor and throws him down the pit. Luke drags Vader to his ship and takes off his mask to reveal his face. Ironic how Obi-Wan said that the only way to defeat the Emperor was for Luke to kill Vader, yet he was against it and taking off the mask makes him kill Vader anyways.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
The Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope were the best, but I like TESB better than ANH. The prequel trilogy can't even begin to compare to the original trilogy, though they're still cool.

Considering I pretty much hated the entire "new" trilogy, my pick would have to lie within 4-6, all of which were excellent movies. I would probably go with Return of the Jedi though. After watching the first two, it truly was the best and most emotional ending the series could've had. Especially the end, with Luke, Vader, and Sideous. How Father and Son battled, and how the Father ultimately chose the love for his Son over all the anger and hate he had felt for his whole life.... on top of the epic duel. And after that, when Vader, who's on his deathbed, asks Luke to take off his one lifeline so he can see his Son with his true eyes before he dies........ sorry, but the cheesy acting and CGI flash show that was the prequels can never compare to it.

linkman8

True and Noble
sorry, but the cheesy acting and CGI flash show that was the prequels can never compare to it.
*facepalm* Ugh.. Not again... As much as I liked the original trilogy, I did feel that the 3 prequels did add up to them, especially episode III, which IMO was the best of them all. As far as I'm concerned, the only person who had cheesy acting would probably be Padme, but I thought the acting of Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christenson in the third movie was the best, along with their most epic duel. I don't care what anyone says, the duel between Obi-Wan and Anikan was the best duel in Star Wars history.

*facepalm* Ugh.. Not again... As much as I liked the original trilogy, I did feel that the 3 prequels did add up to them, especially episode III, which IMO was the best of them all. As far as I'm concerned, the only person who had cheesy acting would probably be Padme, but I thought the acting of Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christenson in the third movie was the best, along with their most epic duel. I don't care what anyone says, the duel between Obi-Wan and Anikan was the best duel in Star Wars history.

Please tell me you didn't think the acting in the first two was horrible? It did improve in the third, but the first two were extremely lame excuses. The balcony scene in II? Could've dipped my nachos in that one. And the acting leading up to the final battle in III was really bad too. Anakin's voice was so off, like he was trying so hard to sound all badass and epicly failed at it. Obi Wan did a good job, and Padme, like you said, was plain horrible. Then we get on to the flashy lights and coolio jumps. Yeah, I miss the day when summer movies were more than that.

And to top it all off.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Worst. Line. Ever.

My favorite is Return of the Jedi. The movie had great special effects for its time. The scene with Luke, the Emperor and Vader is the best part. Vader gets his arm chopped off...again. It's awesome when the Emperor is zapping Luke and Vader pauses to think whether or not he should kill the Emperor. At the last second, Vader picks up the Emperor and throws him down the pit. Luke drags Vader to his ship and takes off his mask to reveal his face. Ironic how Obi-Wan said that the only way to defeat the Emperor was for Luke to kill Vader, yet he was against it and taking off the mask makes him kill Vader anyways.

Yeah, that was the best of them all. But you know whast ruined it? Moderneness, if you ask me. Not the digital remastering- Remember that scene at the end, with ghosts Obi Wan Yoda and Anikin? Originally, Anikin was shown as an old man when he was a ghost, But they've edited to show his ghost as looking like Episode III Anikin. I really hate that.

Please tell me you didn't think the acting in the first two was horrible? It did improve in the third, but the first two were extremely lame excuses. The balcony scene in II? Could've dipped my nachos in that one. And the acting leading up to the final battle in III was really bad too. Anakin's voice was so off, like he was trying so hard to sound all badass and epicly failed at it. Obi Wan did a good job, and Padme, like you said, was plain horrible. Then we get on to the flashy lights and coolio jumps. Yeah, I miss the day when summer movies were more than that.

And to top it all off.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Worst. Line. Ever.

Maybe. The acting in episode III Was better than its two prequels, but if you ask me, Obiwan, for epsiode III, was the best. He seemed to have a lot of personality, at least to me, the way he acted and joked sometimes, like when he left Anikin to the politicians. But I don't think any of the Obi-wans were as good as Alec Guinness, The Obi-wan of the original trilogy. He was the best, by far. He has face on a stamp, you know.

linkman8

True and Noble
SOME of the acting on the first two was subpar, not to mention Jar Jar Binks was involved. However, the way I feel is that what it lacked in acting it made up for in script-writing and top of the line CGI. SPOILER! Anyone who didn't feel choked up at the Qui-Gon funeral scene has no feelings.
And by the way, I like those "flashy lights" and "coolio jumps". That's part of what made it such an epic fight scene at the end of III. The choreography was flawless. I'm not going to make any friends for this comment, but I laughed at the "lightsaber fight" between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in episode IV. I watched the un-remastered version, because we have the old 1970's video tapes (I think; might be 80's), and along with being one of the slowest, most uninteresting fights in Star Wars history, the lightsabers turned into the acting sticks a few times because of subpar technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom