• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Star Wars Was the BEST

Best star wars ?

• Star Wars I - Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Wars II - Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith

• Star Wars IV - A New Hope (any version)

• Star Wars V - Empire Strikes Back

• Star Wars VI - Return of the Jedi

• All / None / Combo (explain which ones)

• Total voters
SOME of the acting on the first two was subpar, not to mention Jar Jar Binks was involved. However, the way I feel is that what it lacked in acting it made up for in script-writing and top of the line CGI. SPOILER! Anyone who didn't feel choked up at the Qui-Gon funeral scene has no feelings.

I guess I have no feelings then, because I already knew what a moron Qui-Gon was. Making a Jedi Master responsible for unleashing the greatest evil ever, starting the downfall of the Jedi, and being the reason millions of lives would be lost? No, it didn't work for me. Now if it had been the first movie ever, I might have. But meh, most people didn't even know what Star Wars was until the prequel was out, so they hadn't watched the previous three. And no, script writing falls apart with bad acting, just like good acting falls apart with bad script writing. One cannot fully support the other.

And by the way, I like those "flashy lights" and "coolio jumps". That's part of what made it such an epic fight scene at the end of III. The choreography was flawless. I'm not going to make any friends for this comment, but I laughed at the "lightsaber fight" between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in episode IV. I watched the un-remastered version, because we have the old 1970's video tapes (I think; might be 80's), and along with being one of the slowest, most uninteresting fights in Star Wars history, the lightsabers turned into the acting sticks a few times because of subpar technology.

Which is why I hate what Star Wars has become. It's just now milked for every Jedi fight scene it can get, and is now only recognized by these special effects. Hence the shallow cartoon we now have , and the fanbase that is made up of little five year olds. The original trilogy never needed Jedi fight scenes, so that's why the generation now doesn't like them: Because they only identify Star Wars with special effects, take it away, and they don't like it. Which is my point. The prequels created this mindset.

I hate it when something becomes something it isn't just to please other people.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Prequel trilogy coreography was HORRIBLE. Mostly, it was just mindless violence, while in the original trilogy you could actually feel the emotions of each combatant with each swing of the 'saber.
Not to mention those horrible 2v1 battles. It seemed like they thought up the coreography for the one bad guy first, then molded the other 2 around him, which resulted in a lot of wasted moments during which the Jedi would just stand there and wait for the Sith to finish up with the other Jedi and face him before he could attack. It would have made more sense to focus on the two first, then fit the one in, making it much more epic and fast-paced.

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Return of the Jedi. The final half of the movie is mind-blowingly Chuck Norris!(Yes I did just use Chuck Norris as an adjective.) There's the Rebels trying to get into the bunker on Endor, the space battle, and the tremendous tension between Luke, Vader, and the Emporor. Perfect climax.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
My favorite was probably Empire Strikes Back, the second movie released.

I find the new numbering system confusing, though. Why do the NEW ones start with Episode I-III, while the OLD ones are IV-VI? It doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, my order of preference goes like this:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Attack of the Clones
5. Return of the Jedi/Phantom Menace

My least favorite movies in the series were Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace. I dislike Return of the Jedi because it just feels like it's very linear, and just wraps up loose ends. I don't like Phantom Menace because it feels very "slow," and like nothing important or interesting really happens. It's like the counterpart to Return of the Jedi, because instead of wrapping up all the loose ends, it spends the whole time getting the stage set for the other movies.

Attack of the Clones was interesting because of the romance and rebellion aspect flaring up, and the whole Jango Fett thing. It's also interesting to see how the characters in A New Hope start drifting towards their roles in the first trilogy. It wasn't an AWESOME movie like the first three in my list, but I liked it better than a lot of other movies.

I don't really understand the tendency to compare trilogies. The first set of three had two great movies and one lousy one. The second set had one great movie, a so-so one, and a lousy one. Not that much difference.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
That is very simple because the NEW Trilogy suppose to happen before the Old ones. So that's why calling the new ones I-III make sense of course. And if you mean they named the old trilogy already IV-VI? They never did. This only happened when the trilogy box was released and when TPM was released.

Steve

5/19/13
The Phantom Menace is my favorite of the series. The nice thing about it is it had a balance of good acting, storyline, and action, rather than taking it too far with visuals like Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, but also not boring people with nothing but dialog and character development seen in A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

That's not to say that those characteristics a bad, but a good movie needs to keep it all level. Second to that would be Return of the Jedi, as once again kept all the attributes of a movie level for the most part, and the thing about both of the films is they really had a emotional feeling to them. Revenge of the Sith did as well, however it was built way too much around the CGI and attempted to cram way to much into a single film that it seemed like a very rushed movie. So ultimately, here is my order:

1. The Phantom Menace
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. A New Hope
5. The Empire Strikes Back
6. Attack of the Clones

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Empire for sure, it was the best out of the first three movies, which i consider to be better than the back story. revenge is a close second because it has one of the most crucial battles in the entire series and the special effects were top notch. But I stick with my initial decision because Empire set the stage for the final movie and did an excellent job of preparing Luke (HAHAHA I was about to type Link's name instead.... shame on me) for his confrontation with the dark lord of the Sith. It was the calm before the storm yet it was still action packed to the brim. Lucas has my undying respect.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Really, I think the newer episodes are absolutely horrible. Talk about cheesey acting all you want- that's just part of the series, but the newer titles are just beyond what I can handle. I'm surprised I didn't miss the entirey of them with all the facepalming that I did for the duration of the newer films.

Really, I love 4-6. 4 is still my favorite, but I see a lot of artistic value in it more than the others, and I think that's probably why it became my favorite. I dunno, the feeling that it gave me of wanting to see more just hasn't been matched.

L

look

I like all of them,but I like Empire Strikes Back most.it has the proper sweep of a real space opera, it has confidence, imagination, beauty, humour, excitement and a truly brilliant story.

Collect Star Wars at Dvdbestonline

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
My list is

1. VI
2. V
3. IV
4. I
5. III
6. II

I liked the more intense fight scenes in the prequel trilogy but the special effects were to cover up everything it lacked compared to the original.
@ linkman8: How is Hayden Christensen's acting even comparable to Ewan McGregor's or Liam Neeson's? Also, the first Trilogy ILM created modern Special Effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom