• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Seemingly Easy LoZ Boss Do You Think is Actually Quite Difficult?

Gohma from Wind Waker. It was one of the hardest bosses in the game, and it didn't help that you only had 3 hearts (unless of course you got the 4 available Pieces of Heart, but you'd still only have 4 hearts). The second phase of the battle had an unseasonably high level of difficulty for a first boss. I wouldn't say it was extremely difficult, but just not the normal easy first boss that we fight in most Zeldas. And, in comparison with the rest of the bosses from Wind Waker, its difficulty just didn't fit in.

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that
Gohma is easily the hardest first boss in a Zelda game. I'm doing a playthrough of The Wind Waker now and it still gave me trouble.

The previously mentioned Morpha and Moldorm are also hard. Never thought Moldorm was "seemingly easy," though...that boss is infamous!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Despite finding Ganondorf pretty easy, Phantom Ganon in OoT always gives me the troubles. I think it's because his magic sphere thingy is smaller (probably has a small hitbox too), so I mis-time every slash of mine for the most part. :kawaii:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I'm going to have to say Moldarach. It's not necessarily a difficult boss, I know he's quite easy. But playing through Skyward Sword the first time I was so annoyed at getting electrocuted so many time in the Lanayru Mining Facility I practically charged Moldarach and let hit me a couple of times. I wasn't really focused so I just swung my sword around.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I have to agree with Night Owl and Ninten* here with the whole Moldorm in A Link to the Past bit. It was the falling and the fact that the shield could't block anything... :(

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Phantom Ganon, the Boss in Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple, was a pain. I could hardly get a fix on which picture he'd ride out of, and that didn't help much since I was playing with a glitchy controller at the time. The illusion of himself would get me nearly every time, or I'd misfire and he would have the time to activate the lightning charge in the middle of the room.

His second form was about three times more annoying. I came to fight a boss, not play ping-pong. Yet Phantom Ganon discharges his energy spheres like he wishes me to challenge his tennis skills. That phase of the battle felt more like a game, which I'll admit was pretty offsetting. I didn't like having to do it the first time, and I still don't like having to do it now. But it was nifty practice for all the repeats (WW Phanton Ganon, TP Puppet Zelda, etc.) in later games.

This battle would've been nicer if it wasn't so gimmicky.

Volvagia is only hard to me really without the Biggoron sword which i generally get as soon as possible, but the hardest boss for me would be Moldorm on A Link To the Past, until i saw the ZD Marathon and Mases found a little trick with him.

Moldorm from Link's Awakening. Received five Game Overs on that boss alone. It definitely put me to shame and is a testament to how difficult the franchise can get even in two dimensions.

Also, as others have stated, Gohma from The Wind Waker is a ruthless one. Watching from the ZD Marathon, even professionals like josh have trouble with it but I'm far from his level of skills rendering the battle into a complete nightmare.

Gohma is easily the hardest first boss in a Zelda game. I'm doing a playthrough of The Wind Waker now and it still gave me trouble.

The previously mentioned Morpha and Moldorm are also hard. Never thought Moldorm was "seemingly easy," though...that boss is infamous!

It's funny. Moldorm is hard. But not because he kills you. That whole knocking you off the edge crap is so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom