• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Your Favorite Race?

Wich is your favorite race?

• Hylian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kokiri

• Deku

• Goron

• Zora

• Gerudo

• Rito

• Korok

• Twili

• Sheikah

• Total voters

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I am going to omit my previous post in favor of this post. There are many great races (well some are species) in the mystical land of Hyrule. When it boils down to it, there are 5 that really stick out to me and I am here to discuss them in detail. Now without further adieu, let's get on to list.

5.) The Sheikah
Sheikah_Emblem.png
I don't know why, but I have always been mystified by the Sheikah. Their races mystery only holds up my interest and their magic and lore still cease to amaze me. Since only a couple Sheikah have appeared, it is hard to determine much about them. Still their almost blood red eyes and their bloodstained history are very intriguing, and I think the only reason they are not higher on the list is because we do not know many things about them. The Sheikah are still very interesting and I hope they appear in Skyward Sword, so we can learn more about this amazing race.

4.) The Deku
120px-MM_DekuEntranceGuards.png
This race first appeared in the revolutionary Ocarina of Time, but they were really only a race of merchants and mischief makers until Majora's Mask. In Majora's Mask the Deku got a complete overhaul, sure there were still some that were merchants, but now they got their own Palace, King, and followers. The Deku were very important to Majora's Mask because they had their own region of Termina, and you got to be a Deku! Being a Deku gave you the ability to hop on water, blow bubbles out of your hole of a mouth, and spin in a circle. The Deku Palace theme also fit very well with the species as a whole and I wouldn't mind hearing the theme or seeing the race in Skyward Sword.

3.)The Zora
120px-ZoraSprite64.png

The Zora are basically fish people. They are very majestic and swim in the water with ease. They always seemed like the most beautiful of all the races on Hyrule, kind of like the elves from Lord of the Rings. They were first introduced in Ocarina of Time and again in Majora's Mask. They were always the most snooty of the races and very proud of themselves which I really did not like about the Zora's. I love their design in the Nintendo 64 games, very sleek and beautiful. I also hope this race makes a triumphant return in Skyward Sword.

2.) The Anouki
87px-Anouki.png
What happens when you mix an Eskimo, a Penguin, and a Reindeer? Well you get this odd race. The Anouki are a friendly easy going race that live on the Isle of Frost in Anouki Estates or in the Snow Realm location of Anouki Village depending on what game you play. Their main export is Mega ice and they love to eat "warm, savory, stew". I just love this race they may be not as cool as others, but they sure are a race that would really be fun to be. The Anouki's main rival in Phantom Hourglass are the Yook, large Yeti like creatures but they currently have a peace treaty with them so they don't fight much anymore. Depending on what game you play, they are led by the head Honcho or the village Cheif. One curious trait of the Anouki is that they never lie. I would love to see this race in another Zelda in the future, but for now we can enjoy them in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

1.) The Gorons
250px-TP_cg_Goron.jpg
I love the Gorons, this hearty, down to Earth, rock eating race are simply a joy in Zelda games. They have the ability to curl up into a ball and roll around. They address everybody close to them as brother, and as shown in Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, they are led by a Patriarch. The Gorons are just an amazing race and I can't really think of what a 3D Zelda game would be without at least one Goron in the mix. I always found the Gorons culture to be the most interesting too, and I can relate them to the Dwarves from Lord of the Rings. They have always been the manufacturer of something, whether it be bridges, bombs, or stone hallways. They are also fantastic miners and their city is inscribed upon the desolate Death Mountain. As you can see I really like these races and I want them to appear in some Zelda games in the future. Well, if you read this far, thanks ^^ and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Edit: For clarification the definition of race is 1. Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics. 2. A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group. 3. The fact or condition of belonging to such a division or group; the qualities or characteristics associated with this. While the definition of species is 1. A class of individuals having some common characteristics or qualities; distinct sort or kind.
Note: This is just for clarification.

Last edited:

gerudogirl

a crazed guns women
well, if you didn't understand by my name, then my fav race are the gerudo. i mean, come on, this race rocks! a race that consists only female thief that lives in the desert and once in 100 years a male is born. if that's not cool, i don't know what is. second fav are the zora, third fav are skull kids (if they count.) and fourth fav are the gorons.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Mine is definitley the Kokiri. I love the idea that they never grow up, because who wants to grow up? Its no fun. They just live in the forest with eachother, carefree, and The Great Deku Tree and dont have to worry about the troublesome world of Hyrule and its quabbles.

The Zora and Twili are a close second though. The Zora are just plain cool and have one of the coolest territories in the series; and the Twili because theyre so unique. They made their own society because they were rejected by theirs and thats all they need.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Didn't consider that factor but the Sheikah are Hylians just with the special privilage of guarding the Royal Family but then they are called the Shadow Folk which makes it seem like they aren't native to Hyrule but instead moved into Hyrule maybe from an allied nation if Hyrule has contact with other nations/ Kingdoms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom